Thread: Neo Pharaoh Zetz Yamasa EL Vision question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Neo Pharaoh Zetz (Yamasa EL Vision question)

When I spin the reels on my new Neo Pharaoh Zetz, the stepper motors on two of the reels are very noisey and there's sometimes a noticeable delay and "bump" starting the reels most of the time. I also get a "Wait" message always in the left reel and a little chime when it's ready. I am wondering...

1) is the "Wait" message standard until the reels get up to speed and synchronized, or is it an indication that that left reel motor is going?

2) Do the reels sometimes start one at a time in a row (i.e. is this a purposeful 'signal' of a win coming)?

THank you,
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Neo Pharaoh Zetz (Yamasa EL Vision question)

The wait is a delay to slow down playing time as mandated by japanese government.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

3. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

intresting theory on my neo planet the wait message is always there like lucky explained but as for the pending win theory there is nothing in the play guid and i havent notice the win coming in but it dosent always start in order or all at once and the motor noise has been a yamasa trait on the rest of there machines
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very interesting on the Wait bit, thank you, typically Japanese anti-logic. Knowing that the motor noise is typical is unfortunate, but at least a little reassuring. I'll try some electronics degreaser and silicone oil on these too and see if it helps.
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

many including me have tied allsorts of fixes to no avail but if you do find on please create a fresh thread an see howmany views it gets
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think the reel noise is either a function of the how the stepper motor is being controlled, or a resonant frequency within the structure of the machine causing the buzz. If you pull a stepper motor out and run it outside the machine, you should be able to figure out if it's inherently noisy due to control logic, or if it's somthing in the design of the chassis.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

8. The following user says "Thanks" to cwstnsko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog
    The wait is a delay to slow down playing time as mandated by japanese government.
    Ohhhh...so that's why I sometimes get a special sound when trying to play too quickly.

Glad to hear you got the machine Wayne.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to fronzdan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324
    many including me have tied allsorts of fixes to no avail but if you do find on please create a fresh thread an see howmany views it gets
    Has anyone tried replacing the bearings? (When I last opened up an Eleco motor, I put it out of sync or some such that it no longer synced in teh machine - so I am hesitant to try it again without guidance.)

I wish we could attract a Pachi-repairman to our midst.

Quote Originally Posted by cwstnsko
    I think the reel noise is either a function of the how the stepper motor is being controlled, or a resonant frequency within the structure of the machine causing the buzz.
    No, what I am thinking about goes beyond this, that is, different motors sound differently, (the stepper motors have a buzz of some sort on their own even when new), due to age, stress, bad bearings, or whatever.

What I'd like to see is three equal sounding motors - my King Camel comes closest, but even there and particularly on my Hanabis and the Zetz, there are one or two motors that are way louder than the rest.

I've done untold amounts of fiddling and experimenting to be fairly confident that the noisiness I am experiencing lies with the motor and not the cage (although I admit for a while I thought the clicking of the counting relays was the cage rattling).
    Last edited by websherpa; 02-14-2006 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The manufacture does not care if the motors are loud. They are figuring they are going to get played in the pachinko parlor ware it is so noisy that it will not matter. They are thinking if they don't need to be quiet they are not going to spend the money on development of a quiet motor. Not much to do about it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just got my Neo Pharaoh Zetz today from Gaku and I`m enjoying it so much, I really haven`t heard the noise. But then, I`m hard of hearing anyway.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    The manufacture does not care if the motors are loud
    Agreed, when I play them at full volume I hardly notice either.

But here I am hoping for refurbishment of the louder than louder motors (a new motor loundness I can live with), or when they slow down such that the reel breaks stop aligning, etc. When Older Motors Go Bad II