Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Token In/Out counter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Token In/Out counter

My Continental 4X has an analog token in/out counter built into the power supply. Anyone know a way to get this counter to work?
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Token In/Out counter

Mine work fine. Are you sure your counters hooked up electrically? Have always enjoyed being able to keep track of winnings and losses on that machine!

switches.jpg

3. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks slotter, I'm not sure if they are hooked up. All the plugs at the top seem to be connected but the count does not change. I'm going to take it apart and see if I can reset it to zero. I'll check the connections while I do this.

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are there any other models that have the Coin In and Coin Out counters on the power supply? Thats a nice feature that I didn't know about.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Fixed! I removed the power supply then removed the counters. I didn't notice anything wrong. I put it all back together and now it works. Maybe a loose connection or bad solder joint. There was no way to reset the counter though with possibly damaging it. I'd bet that you could wire in an external counter by splicing into the current counters wires.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdice
    Are there any other models that have the Coin In and Coin Out counters on the power supply? Thats a nice feature that I didn't know about.
    I'm not sure if there are or not, but a more knowledgable person could probably trace the wires and maybe make a very inexpensive mod. I would love this for all of my machines.

I remember someone was working on a mod like this called "Pachistat" but I'm not sure if he ever finished it or not.
    Last edited by DaStooge; 02-13-2006 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I never tried to reset mine -- just took note of its current settings and went from there. I really like this additional feature on the Conti 4X machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you can get the token in/out pulses on the interface board. I think these are standard boards on all pachislots(?) for external control/status. I've been meaning to play with this interface one of these days.

Do you have this board mounted on the right side of the cabinet?

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8597/kiban4s7uw.jpg

I need to bring a scope home to verify, but I think you get a pulse on two pins on that lower connector - one for token in, one for token out. There's a thread on the Pachinko Mods board that talks a little about this board. But if the pulses are there, it wouldn't be hard to hook up an analog counter for those that don't have it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you click on this link, you will be able to connect the counter to the correct reel stop board. I installed 2 counters on my Babel. I was only able to get the out counter to work.

http://www.pachislousa.com/bbs2/pics/countingmeters.htm

AL
    *Babel*Azteca Legend*

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Czyotto

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for that link AL...what is that site anyway? It looked like some kind of BBS for Pachis. I tried to join but I can't see any forums or posts.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by DaStooge
    I remember someone was working on a mod like this called "Pachistat" but I'm not sure if he ever finished it or not.
    The last I heard, he was trying to find a way to make it cost effective. Something about the interface or something like that was outrageous. I pm'd him and said I don't care as long as its not over a hundred. he said they are running him about 50 to 60 to make and wants to get it down to around 25-30. Never heard back from him in ref. to my pm about getting one.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdice
    I think this was more common in the older machines. I had a Hanabi (by Universal) that had the counters.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_doo_m2002
    The last I heard, he was trying to find a way to make it cost effective. Something about the interface or something like that was outrageous. I pm'd him and said I don't care as long as its not over a hundred. he said they are running him about 50 to 60 to make and wants to get it down to around 25-30. Never heard back from him in ref. to my pm about getting one.
    What kind of stats are you looking for? I'm working on reverse engineering these boards as much as I can. I'm curious what kind of info would be useful for someone to have. Still don't know what the pinout is on the CN3 connector or how it's used....got the others figured out though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does anyone know what the switches under the counters are for?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_doo_m2002
    Something about the interface or something like that was outrageous.
    I was told it had to do with sourcing a custom front for the unit so it would have thier graphics. I too am interested in a historic battle counter (tokens in / out) and number of plays since last Bonus, sort of counter. I would love to give at least one of my machines a "Progressive" sort of display ... "3000 tokens since last Jackpot)
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The switches on the counters control whether or not the machine requires a reset after a bonus and whether the machine dumps the coins after the bonus ends, I believe. Most people leave them in the position to the right or to "off," I believe.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I followed a link from here to the "PachiStat" a few weeks ago. I think it was www.pachistat.com Yup, the link works.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by websherpa
    I was told it had to do with sourcing a custom front for the unit so it would have thier graphics. I too am interested in a historic battle counter (tokens in / out) and number of plays since last Bonus, sort of counter. I would love to give at least one of my machines a "Progressive" sort of display ... "3000 tokens since last Jackpot)
    Some of that info is available from the built-in battle counters on the Eleco machines along with the cool plots, but not the total token in/out counts, I don't think.

I'm trying to do something similar to the Pachistat, but using a PC with a general purpose I/O board. It wouldn't be cheaper than a Pachistat of course, but I already have a PC sitting next to my pachis and I have a couple I/O cards kicking around. This'll be a fun time sink for a while...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by fronzdan
    What kind of stats are you looking for? I'm working on reverse engineering these boards as much as I can. I'm curious what kind of info would be useful for someone to have. Still don't know what the pinout is on the CN3 connector or how it's used....got the others figured out though.
    Amazing what you'll find here if you dig in...

A user named Gerrimat did a SUPER job of reverse engineering this relay / stop board for us already.

Here ya go:
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3737

Never heard much back from him... he was going to work on some other boards, too... shame he hasn't been around... he did nice work.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

21. The following user says "Thanks" to logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

any ideas on how to set up a counter for number of games played? I could wire it to tokens in, but how would I get the counter to only count once for 3 tokens in?

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Damn...a little too late, I drew up most of that today (while I was supposed to be working). Of course mine is scrawled out on about 10 pieces of paper so it saves me drawing it up on the PC. Thanks for the link!

I guess no one knows the use of CN3...but if it's Fault Monitoring as the schematic says..I don't really care about it anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast