Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on www.5stardeal.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Arrow Feedback on www.5stardeal.com

Anyone have feedback on this user? I bought my first Pachislo machine on eBay from them. I just wanted to know if anyone has used them, and what there expereince was with them and the feedback on the unit received. Im just a little concerned because they already missed there promised outbound shipping window.

My first post here, and happy to have found such a community.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Feedback on www.5stardeal.com

BIG WELCOME, tmack! Here is the the latest thread on 5stardeal:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...ight=5stardeal

3. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by tmack
    Anyone have feedback on this user? I bought my first Pachislo machine on eBay from them. I just wanted to know if anyone has used them, and what there expereince was with them and the feedback on the unit received. Im just a little concerned because they already missed there promised outbound shipping window.

My first post here, and happy to have found such a community.
    We've had mixed results dealing with them. Usually, their prices are among the best/cheapest. They're one of the few sellers whose paint doesn't turn gray as soon as you touch it. And they tend to auction machines that are in the economy to deluxe range. (I wouldn't expect to see any Spin Lucks, Harley Davidson's, etc. coming from them.)

One of the biggest problems with them is the way they pack their machines. They use +/- 6 staples on the top of the box, and +/- 6 staples on the bottom, with NO tape on the top or the bottom! This really compromises the integrity of the box. As you can imagine, almost every box arrives at least half opened, top and/or bottom. This obviously leads to problems with the machines, as in reel assemblies that have dislodged, broken lenses, etc. They also seem to get confused when it comes to putting tokens in the box, and/or how many tokens are supposed to be there. They also left out a key to one machine and it took over 5 weeks just to get that straightened out.

There are two customer service reps: Lisa, & Corinne. Corinne is excellent. Lisa is not. Ask for Corinne if you need any customer service or tech support. She doesn't do tech support, but she'll log in the problem and connect you with Vince, who does do the tech support. Finally, depending on which ad they put on ebay, they may or may not post their toll free number. This is their toll free number if you have any problems and/or need tech support. (Vince, their technical support person, pretty much knows his stuff but it was our experience that you have to really keep calling there to make sure he sends out the parts he says he's going to send out. Corinne was very helpful in making sure Vince sent out the things he was supposed to.) 1-800-559-7559.
    Last edited by bf_of_pf; 02-08-2006 at 06:15 PM.

5. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to bf_of_pf

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I purchased one from them. That's enough for me. They received my payment in less than 10 minutes of the auction completing and I left them a positive feedback. I received no feedback from them in return. Screw them and the horse they rode in on.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    I purchased one from them. That's enough for me. They received my payment in less than 10 minutes of the auction completing and I left them a positive feedback. I received no feedback from them in return. Screw them and the horse they rode in on.
    Which one did you get from them?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well thanks guys that helps out a lot. Your right every time I have called in I have got Lisa, and her response for the most part has been "It will ship today" every day now, I paid for the auction the minute it ended on Saturday its now going on thursday and no tracking number yet...so much for 24hr shipping. I just hope the machine is worth the wait. None the less I GREATLY appreciate having a place to now come to about this new hobby, especially contaning people that are willing to help and are very up on the scene. Thanks again. I will update you guys as I know more...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by bf_of_pf
    Which one did you get from them?
    I got a King Camel from them. The box it came in was a joke but the machine seemed to make it, so I didn't make a fuss abou it. The no feedback thing really ticked me off as leaving feedback is such an easy thing to do. They just don't really care unless you leave them a negative, then they respond. Not the kind of people I want to deal with.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sometimes you get a very good price with a vendor, but one also has to be prepared to pay for that price in one way or another. Dealing with 5star is basically a gamble. If the price is right it might be worth the hassle. You decide.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by tmack
    Well thanks guys that helps out a lot. Your right every time I have called in I have got Lisa, and her response for the most part has been "It will ship today" every day now, I paid for the auction the minute it ended on Saturday its now going on thursday and no tracking number yet...so much for 24hr shipping. I just hope the machine is worth the wait. None the less I GREATLY appreciate having a place to now come to about this new hobby, especially contaning people that are willing to help and are very up on the scene. Thanks again. I will update you guys as I know more...
    Kewl. The one thing I forgot to mention is going through the payment process with 5 star was the best of any other ebay seller. They can process PayPal AND separate credit card transactions immediately. Almost every other seller requires a separate phone call to process credit cards aside from PayPal credit card payments. Also, while their tech support was usually slow in shipping parts, their machines came out faster than anybody else's. I'm surprised to hear that there were delays in the shipping of your machine. That's not typical for them.

As far as everything else goes, WELCOME!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I bid and won a Neo Pharaoh Zetz from them for US$90 on eBay more than a week ago, my last pachislo for a while. (wish I'd seen these posts before bidding)

Average or less customer service experience so far, I followed their online instructions to the "T" and no response...waited, sent two more polite email requests for an updated cost (as instructed for international purchases), finally I called in. on the 1-800 number. Sent money order. Waiting for a shipping confirmation.

Based on what I have seen done to boxes shipping by UPS that were stapled AND taped, it will be interesting to see if it arrives in one piece.
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    I got a King Camel from them. The box it came in was a joke but the machine seemed to make it, so I didn't make a fuss abou it. The no feedback thing really ticked me off as leaving feedback is such an easy thing to do. They just don't really care unless you leave them a negative, then they respond. Not the kind of people I want to deal with.
    Yes. Unfortunately, they engage in heavy duty "negative feedback blackmail", whereby they leave negative feedback simply out of spite whenever they receive negative feedback. Then, they file an arbitration to get a mutual withdrawl of the negative feedback, even though the negative feedback against them was warranted, and their negative feedback was not. I refused to play that game with them, and so they remain the only negative feedback "black mark" upon my ebay account. Oh well. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got my Golden Treasure from them, at a very low price and cheap shipping. it came in like new condition, shipping was pretty good and no box or machine damage. it was Plug and Play
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by websherpa
    I bid and won a Neo Pharaoh Zetz from them for US$90 on eBay more than a week ago, my last pachislo for a while. (wish I'd seen these posts before bidding)

Average or less customer service experience so far, I followed their online instructions to the "T" and no response...waited, sent two more polite email requests for an updated cost (as instructed for international purchases), finally I called in. on the 1-800 number. Sent money order. Waiting for a shipping confirmation.

Based on what I have seen done to boxes shipping by UPS that were stapled AND taped, it will be interesting to see if it arrives in one piece.
    I hope your machine arrives intact, websherpa. It just got to be a bad joke around here whenever one of 5-star's machines would be coming off the UPS truck. The driver was so used to handling machines from pachislot777, Milt, & 5-star, that he could tell immediately which ones were from 5-star - they were always the ones popping open on the bottom, top, or both. Sometimes tokens were all falling out of the bottom; it was just a mess. But I hope maybe when shipping to Canada they'll take some extra precautions.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to bf_of_pf

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog
    I got my Golden Treasure from them, at a very low price and cheap shipping. it came in like new condition, shipping was pretty good and no box or machine damage. it was Plug and Play
    Well, let's hope, for websherpa's sake - that he has as good an experience as you, l.d.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, let's hope, for websherpa's sake - that he has as good an experience as you, l.d.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, I'd flip if the box came half opened with tokens falling out! No wonder their auctions usually go for considerably less than other ebay vendors. I'll have to keep all this in mind while looking at their auctions.

Maybe they should take packaging lessons from Gaku....the way his machines come, nothing is going to happen to them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can only imagine what my Tekken machine will look like after it reached WA state (assuming I'll ever get it). After discovering this thread, I'm tempted to just ask for my money back so I can get a Tekken machine from a quality seller like demos777 or pachinko palace. Stealth appears to be reputable as well but won't ship to WA.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by deton8r
    I can only imagine what my Tekken machine will look like after it reached WA state (assuming I'll ever get it). After discovering this thread, I'm tempted to just ask for my money back so I can get a Tekken machine from a quality seller like demos777 or pachinko palace. Stealth appears to be reputable as well but won't ship to WA.
    Stealth Home Amusement & demos777 are the same company. Demos777 is the ebay component of Stealth Home Amusement.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it was just a mess. But I hope maybe when shipping to Canada they'll take some extra precautions.
    Thank you all for the well wishes...I'll let you know how it goes. Thankfully it's not my first purchase, and I WAS bargain hunting, you start to take things more in stride after your first two.....

OK, OK, I admit I'm a pachi fussbudget.

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

Now if I could only get the reels on my King Camel to line up perfectly....
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm a little confused, now.

Recently I ordered a pachinko machine from Stealth, which was actually shipped from Gameroom Warehouse. There were a couple of problems with it, and since then I've been dealing with Vince at Gameroom Warehouse. At one point, I think I heard him refer to having "Lisa" send out package. Vince has been extremely helpful and friendly, and I was actually waiting to post my full story until after the problem was resolved.

Is Gameroom Warehouse the supplier for 5stardeals?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast