i got asked a couple of interesting questions by a friend and it has got me wondering i know that most machines come with a parralell pot that needs a dongle and that that port was used to plug the machine into the parlors computer and that a few like starwars have a rj45 sockett that sugests that it used an eaither conection to the parlors computer vi a networ dose that mean that we could therefor network our own machines at home is this rite and if so where would you start looking for the software and would it be more than likly to be writen in japanese
also the same guy threw another one into the mix and asked if it was posible to re program the roms
the reason for the networking question is that i used to work for a company that wrote its own software for uk and usa market and also made the hardware to alow them to network video games to count the tokens/money in and to alter the price of the machine per play and also had the option of free play so as they restoked the arcade with new machines they could have an open night or they did arcade partys for £10 a head for 2 hours and all the vids were free play my friend also worked for the same company and we both thought that if it is posible to network the machines you could use 1 pc as a token/spheare counter for lots of cyclic machines instead of making one counter or bying one counter per 1 or 2 machines