Thread: Reel Problems !!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Reel Problems !!!!!!

I have some reel probelms on my Beast Sapp.

* (1) 1 reel makes more noise then the other two.
    * (2) Another reel whobbles.

Can anybody help with these two problem ???
    I want to stop the noise and stop the whobble.

Thanks for any help

Cheers
    Darren

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Reel Problems !!!!!!

open up the machine and check that the noisy reel is as free as the others if not realine reel or reel cage to stop it caching as for the wobbly one pass is there a bearing / motor on its way out or is it just a loose motor:questionm
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had the same issue with my Beast Sapp on reel 2. It was noiser then the other two and wobbled. The wobble got worse as time went on. Stealth Home Amusement sent me out a new reel assemble and all was good, other then the LED problem but thats a whole other issue.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for your answers, but how do you realine a reel ???
    Can you bend them ??

Cheers
    Darren

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

NO bending not good to realine reel cage (can come loose in shipping) loosen screws holding it in but only so as to be able to move it by hand not totaly loose and put it into a position that looks straight but dosent cach anything and then make sure it is tight as for realining reel i dont know your machine so i cant instruck as to what to loosen to move them around as to senter them up on the cage and motor but make sure that it dosent wobble when you test it with your hand as if it dose you will have a baring / motor problem not an alingment problem
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Darren,

For the reel wobble, it's possible that either one of the screws holding the reel to the cage is loose (or askew) or that either the screw holding the plastic reel to the motor or the motor to the reel assembly is loose. I'd try lossening and tightening these first.

The metal in the cages does get bent, that was a problem with my Hanabi Hyakkie (similar Eleco) (tabs at the back were bent - someone before I got it had obviously dropped the cageso that the entire reel assembly didn't line up properly). I was able to bend them back properly with care.

On these Eleco models, the reel itself attaches to the motor with a kind of "keyway" that lets the stepper motor know where the reel is at (I think). Once you disassemble the reel (instructions with pics are on the site here somewhere) you should be at least able to identify why the reel is wobbling (i.e. mount vs bent reel). A bent reel would be really hard to fix.

As for motor noise, I experience the same problem. Each of my motors has a different noise, and one is much more noisey than the rest. I am trying Arby's suggestion of spraying in component cleaner, and that seemed to help, but only a little bit. My last resort was to have to ask for a replacement.

I have issues with the three symbols lining up properly on both my machines Hanabi Hyakkie (i reel drops a bit lower), and on my King Camel (from Stealth) the reels aligned perfecty for a few days and now they are starting to go out by a bit (not just one reel). It's wierd, I'm trying to figure out how a technician would adjust these in the field.
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!