Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pink panther buttons

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default pink panther buttons

any ideas out there, i just got a fuji pink panther pachinko machine and was wondering what the red button on the l.h side of the ball feed tray is used for, also directly below this button is a smaller black one, again any ideas what for ,thanks chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: pink panther buttons

Can you share a photo of the case of this machine?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tulsa and friends...

I also am trying to figure out what all these buttons do.

In the attached picture below you will find letters A - D which point to the buttons of interest.

Button A - (BIG RED) the big red one has lit up once during a fever I pressed it and it went back off but I didn't really notice anything unusual happen like a super jackpot???

Button B - is the next largest. This BLACK button is a mysterious button directly below BIG RED Button A. It does not light up. I have no idea what it does if anything????

C and D both have Japaense text on them and they are pushable!!! Again... NO CLUE WHATSOEVER hehehehe.

Perhaps Rupan can decifer the text if I include a close up which I will submit if this post gets any interest.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Buttons C & D are the card reader buttons for when a prepaid card unit is connected to the machine in a pachinko parlour. The buttons should be marked.

玉貸 = Ball Loan (press to debit card and get more balls)
    返却 = Return (press to eject card)

Not sure about the other buttons that the original poster was asking about, The red button might be similar to the 'Chance' button on Star Wars, or other games in similar cabinets, ie on my Neo Powerful the button lights up at random intervals during the Jamu rounds and pressing it doesn't seem to do anything except for playing a small animation sequence on the display.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

C and D are generally pointless for our needs. Although Arby does a mod that he uses an external button for to active the spin sequence without shooting any balls. It's a pretty slick mod, very useful when your trying to show off the machine with a minimum of ball noise. I've often wondered if you can just use one of these buttons in place of the external button? Past just thinking about it, I've not investigated it though.

A and B should be like daverob said, a chance button. Arby or Logic can probably answer this as they have or have played this pachinko. The B button on certain Sankyo models when pressed at startup with change the attract mode light pattern.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As always... a wealth of info... I will try playing with the B button Tulsa and see if it allows me to change the attract sequence.

As for the RED button.... WELL ive only seen it turn on once... and was so busy looking at the button I did not notice anything else happening. If it is the CHANCE button which I believe it is... do you only press it once while lit??? Or do you need to press it repeatedly .... It seemed to work just by pressing it once while lit because as soon as I pressed it the light went out...

I will provide a follow up on these buttons as I discover more. Unless, perhaps somone beets me to it

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can only equate it to the Star Wars/Star Blazers machines I have. In those games you press it in chance rounds by trying to time hitting targets like tie-fighters in the star wars. It gives it that arcade feel. Very nice. I'm certain there must be an opportunity to press it during some sequence in the video and not just because it lights up. Again, I've not played it so I have no clue.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The "B" button stops the shooter just like the button on the side of the shooter knob.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by DrDark
    The "B" button stops the shooter just like the button on the side of the shooter knob.
    That's pretty cool! Thanks for the info.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

'B 'is to call the attendant.
    The 'A; button is fronting a led but is not connecting to anything. (So my engineer says), the cabinet is shared with other designs and on those it is a chance button. Hope this helps.
    Nik,

Thunderbirds,Dragon Monkey,Pink Panther,Bruce Lee,Lets Go Circuit,Moujyou(Lion),Pretty Band,Fever Battle,New Sea Story,Bee Bop,Franky Dog,Magical Lamp,Robocop,Popeye,Fever Queen,Magic Party.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Just PAchinkos
    'B 'is to call the attendant.
    The 'A; button is fronting a led but is not connecting to anything. (So my engineer says), the cabinet is shared with other designs and on those it is a chance button. Hope this helps.
    ok SO your take on the Pink Panther model is that the chance key may not be active?

We need to get a few more Pink Panther owners in on this....

I do know MY button DID light up and I pressed it and it went back off after one push.... I do not have a clue if it actually did anything but seems that if it did light up it must have some function??????

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So, the "B" button above does NOT stop the shooter knob like the other side? Was DrDark mistaken?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    So, the "B" button above does NOT stop the shooter knob like the other side? Was DrDark mistaken?
    Slotter I can't confirm this until later tonight when I get home... then I can test that button and post the results...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    I've often wondered if you can just use one of these buttons in place of the external button? Past just thinking about it, I've not investigated it though.
    Arby and I talked about this.
    It seems that the external button he installs is a normally closed type connection.
    The buttons on the front are a normally open type. If one could replace the switch behind with a normally closed one then it should work.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

BUTTON UPDATE:

During my lunch break I stopped by my house and fired up Pink.

The black button labeled "B" in the diagram does indeed work exactly like the Shooter button. When you press and hold "Button B" the balls do not fire and as soon as you release the button they resume...

As for controlling the demo pattern when in attract mode. I don't believe this button has any effect at all. Tried pressing it in demo and saw no effect.

So let's review for those of you who are interested and following along

Please refer to the image earlier in the thread that I provided that indicates buttons A through D.

1. "A button" is typically for SPECIAL - we have not confirmed if it works on the Pink Panther as of yet.... however... im working on it.

2. "B button" while depressed stops the balls from shooting just like the shooter button.

3. "Buttons C and D" are for using players cards in the Pachinko Parlors.

We have confirmed the use of 3 of 4 buttons and I will update the post if and when I finally figure out what "button a - BIG RED" does...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool, and thanks for checking. DrDark was correct, then!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The chance buttons do not work for Pink Panther, I believe. They're meant for other machines that use the same cabinet.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rupan777
    The chance buttons do not work for Pink Panther, I believe. They're meant for other machines that use the same cabinet.
    Rupan777 you may be correct however if the Chance Button doesn't do anything why have I seen it light up!??? I only saw this happen during a fever...

It also has japense text right next to the red button I will take a close up of that tonight so you can perhaps tell me what it says...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lddrizzt
    Arby and I talked about this.
    It seems that the external button he installs is a normally closed type connection.
    The buttons on the front are a normally open type. If one could replace the switch behind with a normally closed one then it should work.

Why not just hook up the button in parallel?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't know, ask LP, he knows everything.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast