Thread: Review of Monkey Magic Osaru no Gokuu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Review of Monkey Magic (Osaru no Gokuu)

I've added a review to the museum for Monkey Magic (Osaru no Gokuu)

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to noobie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Review of Monkey Magic (Osaru no Gokuu)

Thank you for the great review, this machine is on my "want" list. You mentioned that the third reel is hard to shoot, I know on my Eleco Hannabi Hyakkei that you can't shoot the third reel (and it makes it near impossible to shoot three Don Chans in the first reel) if the machine isn't in the pre-bonus shooting mode. So you have to play a lot of regular games until you get into a pre-bonus mode, then you can shoot until you acheive the three symbols that give you a bonus round. Is it the same with Monkey Magic?

I don't find the belly glass objectionable, I think it's based on a popular 70's TV character and an old, old story. I wonder if these graphics are from a cartoon remake?
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah excellent review! This will be my next machine.

websherpa, I agree...shooting the third reel on Hanabi is an exercise in futility for me. I can get one, sometimes two and on rare occasion three Don Chans on the first reel. It's not impossible to shoot the middle reel...I'm getting close to at least getting him to show up randomly in one of the spots when I try. But I want to when it comes to the third reel.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by fronzdan
    Yeah excellent review! This will be my next machine.

websherpa, I agree...shooting the third reel on Hanabi is an exercise in futility for me. I can get one, sometimes two and on rare occasion three Don Chans on the first reel. It's not impossible to shoot the middle reel...I'm getting close to at least getting him to show up randomly in one of the spots when I try. But I want to when it comes to the third reel.
    Spoiler (don't read more if you don't want to know): I'm pretty sure you won't be able to shoot Don in that third reel unless his face also appears on the moon or you have one of the other indications (are there any) that you're in a pre-bonus round (this is the state where the skill stops actually all work and you're allowed to shoot that third reel).

I've noticed also that the HH won't seem to let me shoot the 3 don chans in the first reel unless it's ready to pay off (go into the bonus round).

And in the bonus rounds, if you see don chan's small firework in the bottom, you must spend Max Bet 3 coins and then shoot the 3 don chans in the lef treel to win the spin. I notice though that shooting it is easier, I think it slip helps a bit if you're close to getting it.
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry to hijack your thread noobie...but while we're talking about HH....

Ok last night I believe I just got into a bonus game. All the lights started flashing, huge red Japanese characters appeared on the screen, Don Chan was on the moon and music was playing. It seemed like the other times I got to the bonus round anyway. The LCD showed Don Chan sitting there holding the rectangular Hanabi symbol. But I left the machine like that and went away for a couple hours, thinking when I came back I could play the bonus round. When I came back, the LCD still showed the same thing....but the reels weren't slipping and letting me win. In fact, I must have played 40-50 games with not a single winner or free play. The graphic never changed either, but the lights stopped flashing and it went silent. I got annoyed and reset it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry to hijack your thread noobie...but while we're talking about HH....

Ok last night I believe I just got into a bonus game. All the lights started flashing, huge red Japanese characters appeared on the screen, Don Chan was on the moon and music was playing. It seemed like the other times I got to the bonus round anyway. The LCD showed Don Chan sitting there holding the rectangular Hanabi symbol. But I left the machine like that and went away for a couple hours, thinking when I came back I could play the bonus round. When I came back, the LCD still showed the same thing....but the reels weren't slipping and letting me win. In fact, I must have played 40-50 games with not a single winner or free play. The graphic never changed either, but the lights stopped flashing and it went silent. I got annoyed and reset it.
    From my recent playing experience: on some spins I think you can go right into a bonus round, but mostly when you get the red letters and DOn Chan in the moon, it's just signalling that you now have the ability to shoot yourself into a bonus round, no guarantee of how many spins that could take - sometimes I get there faster than other times. What I think is happening is that you now are allowed to "shoot" the reels into the right positions to get bonus rounds.

Before that you can play and get winnings, I have even been able to rarely shoot the first reel on three Don Chans, but the machine controls the third reel so that you can't get into a bonus round by eye shooting.

Once you do get him holding a gold firework at the bottom, you can eye shoot, and it's a matter of tiem before you reach a bonus.

Now, that being said, I think there have been times when the machine has teased me, and I didn't ultimately get the bonus round I was expecting. Winning signs do come up and go without any apparent bonus forthcoming.

At this stage I'm mostly guessing. Gaku at bigbearpachislo.com provides a play guide for this model: http://bigbearpachisloshop.com/mainp...nersmanual.htm

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Any idea what it means when Don Chan starts trying to stuff a giant firework into the tube and gives up? Probably not a good thing...I don't recall ever winning after that. But it is an amusing sequence.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Any idea what it means when Don Chan starts trying to stuff a giant firework into the tube and gives up? Probably not a good thing...I don't recall ever winning after that. But it is an amusing sequence.
    We really should start a new thread, but yes, there is a winning (tease) sequence where Don Chan tries to create and light a firework, sometimes with his girlfriend cheering him on. If he does it (and you will eventually) you move on to either the bonus round or the pre-bonus shooting round. There are many little surprises in this game and video screen.