http://stores.ebay.com/SWORDS-BILLIA...NO-Merchandise

And here is 5 Stars web site,

https://www.5stardeal.com/

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

2. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: my wife won a machine on ebay

I purchased some poker chips from 5stardeal. Aside from slow shipping around the holidays, they arrives as expected and described, and I was very happy.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    MNbrad, When did you buy from them? I DO see auctions from the other vendor, but not from 5stardeal. eBay seller IDs would help a lot here, folks.
    It was quite awhile ago. Have not bid on a machine in months.
    and a few others.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Whoops. Thanks, Mr. G. Got it now. Didn't have the "www" included with their eBay name. Thanks!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: my wife won a machine on ebay

OK... 5stardeal... I should have my ... but... this is what happens when one speaks before getting all of the detail. :oops:

For the record my dealings with 5star have been ok, I called customer service and they promptly made an adjustment to my 1st order.

The 2nd order was just an issue with UPS's database... so, everything shipped as expected...

Need not to get worked up about something... until all paths have been explored...... Need to get more sleep. Sorry for the confusion.

So far my experience with 5stardeal has been just fine. Any issues were resolved promptly.
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wish I would have found this thread before I bid on a 5stardeal eBay machine. On 1/30/06, I supposedly "won" a Tekken machine for $244 shipped which I consider a great deal. They had another Tekken auction that ended about 90 minutes later and went for the same price. There was also what appears to be a 3rd Tekken auction that started on 1/31 that they killed early implying they had 3 machines. I paid immediately with PayPal and then received an e-mail the next day that the machine I won was damaged and I could choose different one if the initial bid was less than $299. I sent them a reply that I'd wait for another Tekken machine and haven't heard anything from them since. I contacted the winner of the auction that ended after mine and she apparently received a tracking number so it looks like they shipped that one. So much for first come first serve. With my luck she is probably a plant bidder but she did refer me to this forum.

On a side note, I have had 2 good recent experiences with 5stardeal.com through their website for a stained glass billiard light and some poker gear. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about this transaction and still hope that it all works out. I really want a Tekken pachislo. From what I can tell, if things get nasty, we'll just end up swapping negative feedback and I'll probably end up eating 3% in PayPal charges if they PayPal the funds back. I'll keep everybody posted on how things turn out.

My auction link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6248668121

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is a sweet deal on a Tekken.. Too bad it was a vapor deal.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by deton8r
    I contacted the winner of the auction that ended after mine and she apparently received a tracking number so it looks like they shipped that one. So much for first come first serve. With my luck she is probably a plant bidder but she did refer me to this forum.
    Hi deton8r ! I'm the one who won the other auction for the tekken that day. I'm not a plant and I've thought about why 5stardeal may have sent me the machine right away and started giving you the run around. It's has to be because I paid with a credit card and got the auction insurance. I don't even know what auction insurance is !!
    I hope things work out for you on the machine you paid for. Great to see you on the board and welcome .

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If 5star uses the REFUND function on PayPal there won't be any charges to you or to them.

And, a big WELCOME to both sparTa and to deton8r!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's good to know about the PayPal refund policy, I never had to think about it before. As it stands right now, I'm down but not out. I'm still crossing my fingers that they get one in stock and ship it out to me.

My new theory on why I got the runaround is that they saved a lot of money on the actual shipping costs between our 2 auctions and they may have made more off sparTa's auction but this is just speculation. This all hinges on the fact that the other machine truly was damaged and sparTa living geographically closer than WA state to Ohio.

The sketchiest aspect to the whole thing is the mystery 3rd auction they posted and ended the day after implying they had another one they could have shipped. I had checked their www.5stardeal.com website on both days and they never listed a Tekken machine in their inventory so I have serious doubts it was sold through the website. This 3rd auction had a Buy it Now price of $299.

If it all came down to 5stardeal not liking the final bid amounts they could have used a reserve price or higher starting bid. Also, they did an extremely poor job describing the Tekken machine compared to the sellers who make much more on their auctions. They say almost nothing about the machine and only make a vague mention about the LCD screen where other sellers go on and on about the Hi-Def 12" screen and post links to videos.

Enough ranting for today, I have to get ready for the SeaHawks to win the Superbowl tomorrow

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have had good luck from 5star have got 3 machines from them good deals i think $83 for LCD new derbyBoy item # 6245531561 the only bad thing i have to say is one machine did not have original Key for door the key they sent with machine opened door but so would another key or screwdriver all in all i would give them thumbs up

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I almost got excited when I received a UPS tracking number from www.5stardeal.com this morning. As it turns out, it's a bogus UPS tracking number for the stained glass billiard light I ordered in early January and already received 10 days ago.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hopefully sparTa will post pictures of the Tekken machine. 5stardeal was able to package that machine and get it delivered from OH to SC in under 3 days. According to the feedback left on eBay, the machine was delivered in like new condition.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Tekken machine is excellent!! Now if I can just get the kids off it , so I can have more then 15 minutes of playtime.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Follow up :
    Just got my 4th machine KING CAMEL from 5 star deal works good looks good was shipped in 7 day not the fastest but expectable i guess did get a great deal at $66.00 again the only bad thing did not get an original rest key the copy did not even work but my key to my Baseball worked so all in all don't think i got a bad deal will try to put a link to the ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They did get models that other dealers don't have. They were the only ones with Golden Treasure when I won mine.
    And most prices are pretty good.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd say you got a very good deal! Congrats and glad to hear it got to you OK and in good shape.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by doug
    Follow up :
    Just got my 4th machine KING CAMEL from 5 star deal works good looks good ...the only bad thing did not get an original rest key the copy did not even work
    Interesting, samething is happenign to me, the included Reset key is not working. It looks like they substituted their own switch lock and the key is cut with no teeth (and there are no pins in the lock).
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Since it has been 3 weeks since I won my Tekken auction from 5stardeal.com I thought I'd give them a call. I was able to get through to somebody right away. I spoke with Corrine about a status on my backordered Tekken machine but she couldn't give me a date. Corrine was very pleasant and easy to deal with. I asked if they would substitute a Super Black Jack and after a pause, she agreed. My auction price including shipping was $244.

If Super Black Jack is anything like the reviews, I'll be a happy camper. I Got my fingers crossed. I should have a tracking number in the next day or so.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Super Black Jack is a great machine. I haven't played Tekken yet, so I can't compare, but from what I've read they're both great, but in diferent ways $244 is a pretty good deal for a SBJ delivered with 500 tokens
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast