Thread: Pachislo in Quartzsite AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachislo in Quartzsite AZ

Quartzsite AZ - Summer population 12 (maybe) Winter population 100,000 or more. 20 miles east of Blythe CA and 130 Miles west of Phoenix.
    During the winter months the townis invaded by snowbirds and their motorhomes and turns into a Giant swap meet, mostly for rocks, jewlery and motorhome related items but there are other things as well.
    Wife and I took a trip out there this weekend and saw lots of overpriced items, not too many Pachislo machines but I did see one guy with 4 of them all priced at $250.00-$300.00, nothing special and I didn't recognize any of the names from here on the boards. A couple of other sellers had vegas machines all priced around $1450-$1500.
    Finally one seller had a Pachislo machine that was not for sale, converted to quarters that people could play. However he had a sign on it to kindly limit your play to fill spins. Guess he didn't want anyone to get the jackpot.
    Not the place to shop for Pachislo or pachinko shopping but great if you are into Rocks and Jewelry items.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachislo in Quartzsite AZ

How far is that from las vegas?..... is the flea market just set up in the desert ? or a certain area? I have heard of quartzite's rep and might make a trip there!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

230 miles from vegas according to Mapquest
    You can't miss it, right off the I-10 there are two exits for Quartzsite.

The flea market is set up on both sides of the Freeway, mostly snowbirds that drive out in their motor homes and sell stuff to make some money during the winter, there are some that come just to set up shop in buildings and tents.

http://www.quartzsite.com/ has details of the 2006 schedule

Hotel rooms on weekends are at a premium in Blythe and run about $130.00 per night, most hotels are booked up weeks if not months in advance.

Have fun

Jim

4. The following user says "Thanks" to jwegger

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Been there, it was unreal. If you go bring your own port-a-johnny.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"