Thread: Hello ! and some noob questions about Metal Slug...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hello ! and some noob questions about Metal Slug...

Hi,

Just received my first 2 pachislo machines:

- Metal Slug
    - Hanabi Hyakkei

Just registered here, so hello to all......

Some questions on MS....

1) I was initially worried my machine wasn't working correctly, as I had played several hundred rounds without a big bonus or regular bonus after re-setting to level 4 I had seen both regular and big bonuses. However, I noticed that in regular play my machine almost exclusively only pays small wins for 3 bananas or 3 jacs..... in several hundred rounds I have only seen it pay 3 melons or a single reel 1 cherry about twice.... is that normal play for the MS machine?

2) I understand the resetting of the machine in programming mode, using the key turned to the right powered up , set level, depress lever and then turn key back...however, whats the difference when using the small black button on the inner door ? In addition, wasn't there some problem with MS that needed multiple re-sets?

3) In programming mode there are a whole bunch of options on the LCD screen to set up the machine ( when key is turned right and powered up ) any ideas where I can find a translation of what the differnt options mean ? ( I don't mean the stat screens BTW )

Just need to mod the HH speakers before use.....

Sorry to ask so many questions - any help appreciated...

Cheers

BIG"S"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hello ! and some noob questions about Metal Slug...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsasquatch
    Hi,

Just received my first 2 pachislo machines:

- Metal Slug
    - Hanabi Hyakkei

Just registered here, so hello to all......

Some questions on MS....

1) I was initially worried my machine wasn't working correctly, as I had played several hundred rounds without a big bonus or regular bonus after re-setting to level 4 I had seen both regular and big bonuses. However, I noticed that in regular play my machine almost exclusively only pays small wins for 3 bananas or 3 jacs..... in several hundred rounds I have only seen it pay 3 melons or a single reel 1 cherry about twice.... is that normal play for the MS machine?
    It's normal for most machines.

2) I understand the resetting of the machine in programming mode, using the key turned to the right powered up , set level, depress lever and then turn key back...however, whats the difference when using the small black button on the inner door ? In addition, wasn't there some problem with MS that needed multiple re-sets?
    Doing a normal reset is used to fix an error condition. So if the hopper empties out during a bonus you just do a normal reset and carry on. When you do a normal reset nothing changes except the error condition is reset. When you do a full reset any bonus condition is lost, any credits you had will be gone and you have the ability to change the skill level.
    Dalto
    -----

3. The following user says "Thanks" to dalto

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The only problem with Metal Slug needing multiple resets is sometimes, it will continue to come up in an error mode and you need to reset it again and again to clear it. I've never seen another machine act this way, but the Metal Slug does.

As far as a translation of the reset menu, there is not one existing that I know about. It seems pretty easy to move though and understand for the most part. There's not a lot you're going to be able to change in there anyway. You can set the time and date and the length of days the stats will be kept in memory. It defaults at 3 and I have mine set to 20.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys...some MS bliss ahead ( for me this is a case where theme matters, as I have been a massive SNK fan and collector for a number of years since the Neo Geo)

On the menu front I did dabble and worked out a few things...

One last question..... can you shoot to win the missions, or is the outcome random, and its only the bonuses that can be shot for ?

Cheers

BIG"S"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Both. You can shoot for it, but you're best chance at increasing your winnings will be to eye shoot around the jac games.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Tulsa,

I really need to fix my printer so I can get some of the FAQ's and read at my leisure, as I don't fully follow the game flow just yet...been too busy fiddling , cleaning setting up etc.....

Cheers

BIG"S"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Tulsa,

I really need to fix my printer so I can get some of the FAQ's and read at my leisure, as I don't fully follow the game flow just yet...been too busy fiddling , cleaning setting up etc.....

Cheers

BIG"S"
    Having recently been new to Pachislo myself I can tell you that while it seems overwhelming at first. Just play, you will figure 90% of the gameplay out in a reasonably short amount of time. Than research or ask questions on the rest.
    Dalto
    -----