Thread: Pots

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pots

For those of you instaling pots in your pachinko machines. What size do you use? Ohms and Watts?

Thanks!
    Dalto
    -----

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pots

I use the ones from AutoSlot They work perfect and are cheap opps I was thinking of slots but they should work fine on Pachinko's also
    Last edited by jc1444; 01-06-2006 at 01:59 PM.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to jc1444

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Many of us have used Syscom's pots in both the Pachinkos and Pachislos with great results:

http://www.pachislo.com/pachislo/par...il/volume.html

5. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

PM Cousin Weedy, he knows all about pot
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    Many of us have used Syscom's pots in both the Pachinkos and Pachislos with great results:

http://www.pachislo.com/pachislo/par...il/volume.html
    Yes, but I have a too many young kids in the house. I end up needing to change the volume fairly often. I need somthing with a knob in the outside. I have used LPADS in the past but I am loonking for something with simpler wiring because I am planning on building a little unit that can attach to the pachinko cabinet that can control volume and power and maybe a few other little goodies. I want to be easily removable so I can detach the machine from the box/cabinet easily. I am going to wire square adapters to make it easily removable and am looking for a volume controller with an external knob.
    Dalto
    -----

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just spoke with my father about this (he's been in the audio industry for quite some time, and generally knows of what he speaks). His guess was that a simple 10-ohm pot ought to work fine, and thought that L-Pads were unnecessary. Radio Shack doesn't seem to carry any pots with values this low, so I'm going to try and get to our local electronics supply store if I can and give it a shot.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

10 ohm is not enough. Rad Shack sells 25 ohm rheostats and they aren't enough. A 500 ohm pot is about right (that's what the pachislo.com ones are). I think the common ones you'll find with the longer shaft for an external knob will be about 1/2 watt.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dalto, it should work the same as a Pachislo. My sankyo has controls similar to the syscoms. My Newgin has a volume knob in the back but even at the lowest was a little louder than I wanted, so I installed 10ohm 10watt resistors from Radio Shack on it. It was too quiet with typical 50ohm 10watt used on pachislo machines.

(Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just finished doing a volume mod and external power switch addition to my New Sea Story.

I did some experiments with the various suggested configurations of pots, including my own logarithmic pot schematic with a low Ohm, high wattage Pot instead of the typical 500 Ohm / 100 Ohm combo. I ran out of time and patience using the low Ohm high wattage pots (which didn't work very well).

I can say that an L-Pad works best for an external application, and better on a Pachinko than on a Pachislo for some reason? However, putting a low resistance high wattage pot inline (in series) did not work as well as using a 500 ohm or 1k 1/2 watt trimpot (like the Syscom and Autoslot volume control) in series. The caveat there is that you should not use an in series resistance to take the volume all the way down to silent.

On the next one I will try with my typical 500 ohm/100 Ohm 1/2 watt arrangement again (which gives an external volume control with less room required than an L-Pad).

I put a lighted on/off push switch in the bottom left side of the main plastic cabinet (near the ash tray), and it looks like it was always meant to be there. There wasn't enough room to mount the L-Pad there too (a smaller audio pot maybe), so I used a forstner bit to chew out a space for the L-Pad in the bottom of the thick wooden pachinko frame. So the volume control sits under and to the left side of the external ball trays out of sight and far enough to the left that a translucent ball tray can still sit under the machine's ball trays. I'll post a pic when I get a change.

What is that older Japanese frame wood, it smells so good when cut?
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!