Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Tokens Review

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Tokens Review

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    The copper colored tokens from DGI will get water spots on them if they get wet and they stay wet for a time. I liked them at first because they were new and I could get enough to keep all one kind in a machine. Now the water spot problem makes them not look to good. I don't have to much problems with them jamming. The last time I got tokens they were from Seven Mile slots. A box of 5000. Used from Japan. All different kinds. I like them a lot and they were a little over 200.00 for them.
    Lax - here's the token page for 7 mile slots. I don't see any box of 5,000 advertised. How long ago did you get them?
    http://www.7mileslots.com/doc/tokens.html

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sometimes you have to call for pricing on large lots of tokens. Mention Pachitalk and ask for the best deal. Be sure to factor shipping. The difference from one vendor to another is HUGE.
    I got a great deal on 8000, 30 pai tokens from Gaku, much better that what he posts on his web site.
    abestbuy.com has lots of 4000, 25 pai tokens going on e-bay right now
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6251693234
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6253097513
    some have gone for about $20 + $99 shipping.
    Funky pricing on shipping, but a good deal in the end. Silver used, fairly clean and matching.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to cwstnsko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cwstnsko
    sometimes you have to call for pricing on large lots of tokens. Mention Pachitalk and ask for the best deal. Be sure to factor shipping. The difference from one vendor to another is HUGE.
    I got a great deal on 8000, 30 pai tokens from Gaku, much better that what he posts on his web site.
    abestbuy.com has lots of 4000, 25 pai tokens going on e-bay right now
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6251693234
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6253097513
    some have gone for about $20 + $99 shipping.
    Funky pricing on shipping, but a good deal in the end. Silver used, fairly clean and matching.
    I guess the lighting in the photos is off, because they appear to have a golden color, rather than silver. Were these the same design as the ones you got? Also, how long did it take for you to receive them?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Tokens Review. Lessons Learned.

Lessons Learned:

1. Don’t put DGI tokens in CLR. Despite the fact that CLR worked on every other type of token without any problems, (when used as directed) there appeared to be some sort of adverse chemical reaction when it was used with the DGI tokens. Tarn-X helped reverse the damage caused by the CLR.
    2. The vibratory type of tumbler/cleaner worked faster, but was somewhat noisier, than the rubber-cylinder rotating type of rock tumbler. Depending on the condition of the tokens, sometimes the time was as short as an hour or two, with a batch of 200 tokens in a 5 lb capacity device (purchased from Harbor Freight) with 3.5 pounds of crushed walnut media. (The longest we ran it was 8 hours.)
    3. The 5 lb vibratory tumbler purchased from Harbor Freight for around $31 (with discount and coupon) felt like it was more sturdy and better made than the $30 dual cylinder rock tumbler from HF.
    4. The different sizes/grit of crushed walnut media seem to provide different results, depending on what type of device it was used in and how bad the tokens were to begin with. According to the directions for some vibratory tumbler/cleaners, additional polish (i.e. Flitz) is recommended. We found success using both types of media in both types of machines. I think it's probably best to experiment and see which combo works best for each person/situation.
    5. All of the DGI tokens that we have (10,000 +/-) have very small black spots on them even when brand new, and that problem definitely gets worse when those tokens are placed in CLR. We were not able to exacerbate the problem by exposing the DGI tokens to water or through normal game play. Whether or not there is some sort of defect in the production/minting of the copper colored DGI tokens remains unclear at this point in time. But given the fact that the same problems appeared for several different members, it’s reasonable to consider that possibility.
    6. Whenever possible, I'd purchase tokens from Mike/VGC. (Though the ones mentioned above by cwstnsko seem to be a possible alternative for when he's out, such as now.)
    Last edited by bf_of_pf; 02-12-2006 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by bf_of_pf
    I guess the lighting in the photos is off, because they appear to have a golden color, rather than silver. Were these the same design as the ones you got? Also, how long did it take for you to receive them?
    They must use a stock photo because this is these are the tokens I received....
    http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1...ytokens1sr.jpg
    They are use, silver, pretty clean, and arrived FAST!!! (CA to AZ, won 2 auctions, both arrived in 2 days or less!)
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll have to see how they look when they arrive. I can't say I'm that thrilled over the design. And they look pretty worn, from the photo. But for .035 cents, not bad, I guess. Did you try to clean them at all?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A batch of those is set to go into the tumbler after I get done tumbling my "collection" of one or two of each of every token design I've ever gotten my hands on. I'll post the results tomorrow.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Kewl. I have an idea I'll be treating those to a CLR bath when they arrive.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

abestbuy takes an approach to packaging that I haven't encountered before.
    When I received the 1st box, it was like an almost solid brick.
    The entire outside of the package was solid brown packing tape. I started to tear into it, and peel back layer after layer of brown tape. There must have been five layers of brown tape. Underneath it.....
    Duct Tape! Layer after layer of duct tape. It seemed like 7 layers of duct tape! over 1/8" thick!! After several minutes of fighting with it, I cut my way through the tape to find a cardboard box housing a single plastic bag with what appears to be well over 4000 tokens. (No I haven't counted.......... yet )
    After dumping out the tokens, I kept shaking the box thinking there were more, but it was just the box with tape that still weighed about 3 pounds because the tape was so thick.
    I'm pretty sure I could've dropped either box I got off the roof of my house without it breaking open.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sort of gives new meaning to "Thick As A Brick".

(I think when the box arrives I'll "cut to the chase", and just use a utility knife to cut through the brown tape and duct tape til I can feel the blade contact the box beneath it.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

no wander their shipping is so high....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I'm very pleased to report that the first batch of 8k tokens arrived today from abestbuy.com. WOW! Finally, we got something that was BETTER than we'd expected. These tokens are pristine! Clean as a whistle; very nice design, all the same; (I like mixed too, but since we've got a lot of mixed, it's nice to have all the same as an alternative.) and these look like they just came from the mint. No need for CLR or tumblers. Just bag em, Dano!

Thanks again to cwstnsko for the link. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

NOTE: I spoke with the guy running the auction. He was one of the original pachi sellers 5 years ago, but realized the bottom had fallen out as far as profit margin goes, so he's basically just selling off however many tokens he's got left (around 160,000), which he figures will last through April, +/-, & then he's done. So anybody needing top tier tokens (pretty close to VGC's quality, IMO) check it out.

And of course...I know you want to see them, so here's a photo:

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/4...bestbuy0dy.jpg

Maybe tomorrow I'll get a close up of the design and post it. It's definitely different than the one cwstnsko got.
    Last edited by bf_of_pf; 02-18-2006 at 01:52 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a more close-up view (the design is the same on both sides):

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4...closeup9nf.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DANG!!!! now thats what I call shinny tokens!!!!!!! If I could have tokens like that, I would be in heaven!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the pics bf!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_doo_m2002
    DANG!!!! now thats what I call shinny tokens!!!!!!! If I could have tokens like that, I would be in heaven!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the pics bf!!!!
    YW, Scooby. The cool thing is, he's going to be running auctions pretty much daily til they're gone. And even with the high shipping, which is really like a starting minimum bid, the price for 4k has always been cheaper than any other vendor, with the possible exception of VGC/Mike. Unfortunately, Mike is currently out of tokens, so I decided to take a shot with this vendor. Fortunately, it worked out well. And the cool thing about this site is being able to share the good news/stories as well as the bad ones. It always feels better, though, to share the good ones. Just click on the link that cwstnsko provided above and click on the "View Other Items", and you're in business.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

NOTE: All the tokens look like the one in the bottom right hand corner. Something about the lighting caused the other ones to look darker than they really are. There are no signs of tarnish or anything other than a bright, shiny silver finish on any of the 8k tokens.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just bought 5000 tokens from captainchris86 on ebay for $200 shiped. It was a good deal the tokens are the copper ones with 777 and a slot machine on it. They dont have the black marks on them like when i ordered before. It arrived to my house in 2 days via USPS Flat Rate Box...as i requested it to save on shipping costs.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got a reply from 7mileslots (david) and the price for 5k is $200 + shipping, and they're the mixed silver variety. Since VGC is currently out of tokens, I'm going to give 7mileslots a try.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

David will treat you right!
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee
    David will treat you right!
    Cool. I'm in the process now (already have done 2k) of using the vibratory cleaner for a batch of 5k tokens that weren't real clean when we got them. First I ran all 5k through CLR, now I'm doing the final polishing with the vibratory cleaner. I can do 250 at a time, and let them run for 2 hours, which adds up to 2k every 16 hours. I'd rather not have to go through this step, but at least I know I can get them looking the way we want them to look by exerting some effort and having the right stuff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast