Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: replacement door key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: replacement door key

bf... your ddk key has the same pattern for the indents in it as my ddk. My giga fever key has a completely different pattern.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunately, the photos in Arby's post reveal something very different than the lock that goes to the DDK. There are no arrows, no button, and seemingly no stakes or cover plate, at least not visible, anyway; or at least not in the same position as on the lock in his example. What mine has is a copper pin about an inch below the keyhole that has visible ends on both sides. (See photo below, which only shows one end, but the same pin is visible from the other side.) I imagine that this pin needs to be pushed out in order to get to the inside of this lock.

http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/3...withpin2ni.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    bf... your ddk key has the same pattern for the indents in it as my ddk. My giga fever key has a completely different pattern.
    You happen to have an extra one?

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok now im going entirly off of guess work and what i know of locks yes i would say try pshing the copper pin out from one side or the other and that should allow the silver cylinder to slide off backwards away from the key hole but get ready to cach pins and springs as you slide it off do it slowly and be carful of your eyes as the are usualy under a little presure and the only thing holding the spring / pin in is that silver cover
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

5. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324
    ok now im going entirly off of guess work and what i know of locks yes i would say try pshing the copper pin out from one side or the other and that should allow the silver cylinder to slide off backwards away from the key hole but get ready to cach pins and springs as you slide it off do it slowly and be carful of your eyes as the are usualy under a little presure and the only thing holding the spring / pin in is that silver cover
    Kewl, thanks. I'll give it a shot after dinner, and post the results.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm looking forward to this one, bf!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just re-read Arby's post. And he clearly says that it's just for Pachinkos, NOT Pachislos. He was very emphatic about that. So since I have no idea why it's only for Pachinkos & not Pachislos, I'm gonna hold off taking the lock apart for right now. As it stands, the seller is still responsible for providing a working key/lock combo; it's been since before x-mas, and so far, none of the keys that he been sent have worked. I'll email Monday a.m. with the latest photo, and see what happens next week. (Note: BTW - the seller is 5-stardeal.com, not Gaku, Milt, or Eric.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

fair shout i dont blame you i think the only part that dosent apply to pachislo is the car key blank that he is using as they fit only pachinko locks but check with him to make sure as once you take those pins out you will need a locksmith to put them back (and im to far away to nip over and help) or a couple of hours patiants hope you get somwere with the vendor it may help if you offer to send him the barrel and he kan then sit and mach a key to it by phisically putting them in 1 at a time till he gets 1 that works

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

fair shout i dont blame you i think the only part that dosent apply to pachislo is the car key blank that he is using as they fit only pachinko locks but check with him to make sure as once you take those pins out you will need a locksmith to put them back (and im to far away to nip over and help) or a couple of hours patiants hope you get somwere with the vendor it may help if you offer to send him the barrel and he kan then sit and mach a key to it by phisically putting them in 1 at a time till he gets 1 that works
    As far as the vendor part goes, it was his responsibility to provide a working key/lock combo from the outset. All of this has come about because there was no key at all when the machine first arrived. I called immediately, and have been going back and forth about this since before x-mas. First one key arrived (after 2 1/2 weeks), that didn't fit. Then a second key, just like the first one, that obviously also didn't fit. Then this latest one, which was closer, but still no cigar. What I've been saying is that they need to send a key/lock combo TOGETHER that works and that will install properly in the DDK. This never would have happened if the machine had come from Gaku, Milt, or Pachinko Palace/Eric, I can promise you that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

please post a full picture of the lock with a ruler next to it, I might still have a working lock and Key for the pachislot.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hi arby if you have read the hole thread can you tell us why de pinning the lock only works on pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hi arby if you have read the hole thread can you tell us why de pinning the lock only works on pachinko

De-pinned locks work on both or any lock, it is just that lock is only on pachinkos, or at the time only pachinkos.

you can de-pin it, but watch for any spring loading on the shank.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee
    please post a full picture of the lock with a ruler next to it, I might still have a working lock and Key for the pachislot.
    I will do so tomorrow, Arby. Thanks. However, from what you know of that lock (or of the lock that you do know which might be this lock) if I am able to remove all the pins and springs, will the key that currently fits into the lock but doesn't turn it now turn it once everything is properly removed?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it should the lock wont have any teeth to bite with when you de-pin it a screw driver will open it then .this is known as the gone in 60 sec approch to lock smithing.
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by bf_of_pf
    I will do so tomorrow, Arby. Thanks. However, from what you know of that lock (or of the lock that you do know which might be this lock) if I am able to remove all the pins and springs, will the key that currently fits into the lock but doesn't turn it now turn it once everything is properly removed?

yes, just remember there are some very soall wafers in there

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mmmmm wafers, are they like Nilla Wafers? I like Nilla Wafers.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok. Below are the photos, some with rulers, of the lock from the DDK:

The first one shows the copper pin on the front:

http://img492.imageshack.us/img492/3...thruler017.jpg

The next one shows the pin on the top:
    http://img492.imageshack.us/img492/7...thruler021.jpg

This one shows a close up of the face of the lock:

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/2...cecloseup0.jpg

This one shows a close up of the top section of the lock where I think all the pins, springs, and wafers are housed:

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/9...oseup015ql.jpg

Some questions:

1. Are there an exact number of wafers (& pins, springs) that are considered "standard" for each lock of this variety, or does it vary from lock to lock. Is it that difficult to tap out/remove every wafer/pin/spring from the chambers?

2. Can I do any damage to the lock if I try to turn the key before all the wafers, pins, & springs have been completely removed?

3. Do you agree that what I need to do is push out that copper pin, slide down the silver casing, and then watch for everything to start falling out, and make sure, by tapping the cylinder against a book or something, that all the springs, pins, and wafers have been removed?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the way of counting the pins is there are as many pins/springs as there were holes in the origonal key as each hole alings the pins to the right place to alow the lock to turn

You wont damage the lock by trying to turn it if you havent removed all the pins/springs as the ones left will stop you from turning it

can you post one last pic of the lock a pic of the end with the brass coulered braket / cach on pref close up like you did with the key hole end

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Uh...minor obstacle here...can't get the copper pin to budge. Time to watch some FOOTBALL. ;-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

can you post one last pic of the lock a pic of the end with the brass coulered braket / cach on pref close up like you did with the key hole end
    http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/1...ewoftripdo.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast