Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How many balls should a cabinet hold?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default How many balls should a cabinet hold?

In designing a Pachinko Cabinet (modern Pachinko) how many balls should the upper hopper (and lower hopper) hold?

Syph mentioned that his original cab design held around 4000, which he said was more than necessary. Would 800 or so be enough for several minutes of gameplay? I haven't had much chance to play our new PinkPanther because of the lack of a cabinet.

Any opinions?

Cordially,
    Ken
    (persuing the perfect cab design)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How many balls should a cabinet hold?

My opinion......A full hopper is fine until you hit fever mode. Then is the measure of how many balls you have comes into play. I think the concensus on this forum is that a fever pays out about 2500 balls over the 15 rounds but more is possible. So the bigger you build the top hopper the better. Panther has a relatively shallow front wing so doesn't hold too many 'in' balls. I would say 4000 would be ample for the top. On this bigger is best!
    Nik,

Thunderbirds,Dragon Monkey,Pink Panther,Bruce Lee,Lets Go Circuit,Moujyou(Lion),Pretty Band,Fever Battle,New Sea Story,Bee Bop,Franky Dog,Magical Lamp,Robocop,Popeye,Fever Queen,Magic Party.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow. 4000. I wouldn't have guessed this high. Thanks for the input!

-Ken

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you are looking at building a box cabinet for the top and want to avoid filling it often then yes the 4000 is ideal. But if you only want normal play and don't mind refilling then 1500 will do. Most suppliers give 400-500 but I would expect people would buy another 1000.
    Nik,

Thunderbirds,Dragon Monkey,Pink Panther,Bruce Lee,Lets Go Circuit,Moujyou(Lion),Pretty Band,Fever Battle,New Sea Story,Bee Bop,Franky Dog,Magical Lamp,Robocop,Popeye,Fever Queen,Magic Party.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would like to know what people have done to make the balls flow from a top box down to the ball tray on the pachinko so the balls don't flow out everywhere, also how can you then swing the door out and not have thousands of balls on the floor? Ideas please......
    Nik,

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Just PAchinkos
    I would like to know what people have done to make the balls flow from a top box down to the ball tray on the pachinko so the balls don't flow out everywhere, also how can you then swing the door out and not have thousands of balls on the floor? Ideas please......
    What, you don't want thousands of ball on the floor?

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I don't mind but the wife gets unreasonably grumpy!
    Nik,

Thanks
    Thanks Received

also how can you then swing the door out and not have thousands of balls on the floor? Ideas please......
    I've got some ideas I'm kicking around for that... Perhaps some sort of a hinge flap thingie on the bottom of the PVC downtube that closes as the door is opened... might have to mount an actuator of some sort in the back. Shouldn't be too hard.

-Ken

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I keep thinking of scrapping a machine and using the ball payout motor from a machine then having a switch so when the door is open it isolates the motor.
    Or yes a hinge on the flap.
    Hmmm too many ways.
    Nik,

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Follow this link to my four game ball management system to see how I handled the issue of stopping ball flow when you open the door.
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2098
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Bilko44

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What about a sliding door, like on a dust collection blast gate. They're relatively easy to make if you are a woodworker, or perhaps you can buy a small premade blast gate (if there is one with a small enough diameter), I think they make them for Shop Vac dust collection systems in 2inch diameter. In any case you could mount the blast gate in the feed tube above the machine and (with some wiggle effort depending on weght of balls) jam it closed. (although there would still be some balls in the tube portion below the top of the machine.... hmmm...
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Leevalley.com has a 2" blast gate: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...06&cat=1,42401
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to websherpa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The cabinets from Gameroom cabinets come with a spring loaded bottom small door that holds the balls inside in place until opened. Just have to have a bucket ready when you open the door and then dump them back to the top.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    The cabinets from Gameroom cabinets come with a spring loaded bottom small door that holds the balls inside in place until opened. Just have to have a bucket ready when you open the door and then dump them back to the top.
    Don, I just ordered two cabinets from Gameroom Cabinets. On these cabinets, when you pour the balls into the funnel on top do you load up the funnel with balls? Can the top rear plastic tray handle the weight of that many balls without cracking?
    Mike
    Arnold The Terminator Sheep, the baaaddest sheep in the whole damn town, plays only Star Wars, ROBOCOP, and Sakura Pachinkos in CA.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I love bilko's system, but I don't know anything about metal, so I stayed away from it. My cases use a simple, messy and loud system - there's a piece of PVC pipe that leads down to the hopper, I'll look up the measurements later. To stop overflow, you just make sure that the pvc pipe stops less than a ball width (preferably a lot less) short of the hopper height, but don't let it go IN the hopper or you will not be able to open your cabinet without it catching on and breaking the plastic hopper bin wall on the machine. The messy part is when you need to open it up while there are a bunch of balls up top, and I didn't handle this very well. You *could* scoop them out, but I just wait until the cats are asleep and open the door of the pachinko machine about three inches. All the balls drain out the tube and down the back of the case, making a hell of a racket, but they (ahem, mostly) stay in the case and end up in the bottom area, where you can, depending on your design, drain or scoop them out to put back on top. It's not a good system unless you have three cats who react with hilarious explosions of fur and spittle when you drop three or four thousand balls on top of what amounts to a wooden drum head.

Hanabi Hyakkei - Monkey Magic - Fire Express - Neo Magic Pulsar - Golden Secret Treasure or whatever
    Twin Tales - Lockin' Sevens - Milky Bar - Robocop

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by syph
    ..........but I just wait until the cats are asleep and open the door of the pachinko machine about three inches. All the balls drain out the tube and down the back of the case, making a hell of a racket, ............It's not a good system unless you have three cats who react with hilarious explosions of fur and spittle when you drop three or four thousand balls on top of what amounts to a wooden drum head.

Makes me wish we had a cat or two.
    Mike
    Arnold The Terminator Sheep, the baaaddest sheep in the whole damn town, plays only Star Wars, ROBOCOP, and Sakura Pachinkos in CA.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mike, there is a gap between the funnel on the cabinet and the tray on the Pachinko machine, therefore, unless you make something to hold the balls in when the tray fills up, they will fall off the sides of the tray. I would think if you were to modify the machine tray to hold the balls up to the funnel, it would hold the balls without cracking.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Whoops, I just read syph's posting on how he handles the funnel problem with the PVC pipe. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys... there are a LOT of good ideas here!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Absolutely ken, the dust gate has caught my attention, a wood version could be supurb. I'm off to the local carpenter!
    Nik,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast