Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Volume Control, Machines that need it, ones that don't

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Volume Control, Machines that need it, ones that don't

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    I've wondered how to describe that sound and that's as good as any I could come up with. I believe this to be some interference with the video the speakers are picking up. Since it has great volume controls built in I've never added any external and might do so to help reduce this effect but I'll bet the internal control will have to be set higher or you'll lose some of the sound effects that are so nice on these models.
    Well, we've found that the Syscoms are so great and allow such an excellent degree of fine-tuning, I have no doubt that between the internal controls and the Syscoms, something positive (or more positive) can be achieved. We just haven't installed them into either Deka Dan or Super Blackjack yet. I'll post as soon as we do. (I think Deka Dan is gonna be the one we try first.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dalto
    Newer Yamasa machines, i.e. Tekken, King of King Pulsar can be made very quiet by simply turning the bottom speakers to 0 and the top speakers to 1. The 10 position dual volume controls in these models are superior to any I have seen.
    Don't forget Neo Planet. It, along with Tekken really have spot-on sound control. Also, a cool, somewhat subtle thing about those machines is that if you listen carefully, you can definitely hear a left button click come more from the direction of the left speaker, a right button click come more from the direction of the right speaker, and a center button click come directly between the two speakers. (Maybe I don't get out enough, but those things catch my attention. LOL) Happy Holidays/New Year!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Umiichiban - This one works great at the lowest setting, quiet actually compared to my other one.. Gets louder with "Luckyfish" activated but only for a few spins

Nobunago no Yabo - Low setting works good, still hear fish jump, army yell etc but no music during normal spins so you hear whinny reel spin sound

Garrett

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ArraKing NEEDS VOLUME CONTROL! I read the forums on volume control so that I could play my new ArraKing. Couldnt wait for tommorow to buy volume controls from radio shack I wanted to test all of my machines functions now! LOL. With the great advice of our members on volume control I tried the cotton in the speakers deal. Didnt really believe it would work but it really does. The machine is now a little too low but it will do untill I get my controlers. I am really amazed at this simple fix and I know if I just remove some of the balls it would be just right but I still want the switches. Thanks all for all of your inputs and advice! You really make this site that much better. Hope I can help all of you as you do for me..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have cotton balls in some of my machines,

don't forget they do get louder in bonus rounds, so adjust the cotton balls accordingly .
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

il add thunderbirds and fireworks pachinko to the list of need volume controle
    esesialy fireworks dont even turn it on without volume controle one ball through the start poket and you will be blown against the wall
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just take a couple of pachinko balls and put one in each ear!

You're all set!
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Just take a couple of pachinko balls and put one in each ear!

You're all set!
    http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7195/ear18qv.gif

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMO the newer Yamasa chassis have the best stock volume controls. Tekken, King/King Pulsar, Neo Planet T, Magic Pulsar and Zetz. These machines will not require optional volume controls. The slightly older Yamasa chassis will. On the older Yamasa machines that only have bottom speakers only,(mephisto type chassis) you will find that adding volume controls will be easy. The machines that have two top speakers and one bottom,(27 Lines type chassis) Top speakers are usually harder to access as they are buried. It can be done, but it will require a little disassembly.

I use a Radio Shack mini volume control, and I put a control knob on the shaft . I find that these work pretty good. They also have a positive detent (click) to completely mute.

Radio Shack part # 271-215
    Specs:
    Resistance - 10k ohms +/- 20% tolerance
    Rated power - .05 watts
    Sliding noise - <47mV
    Switch rating - 3 amps 30 VDC
    Total rotatuion - 300 degrees +/- 3 degrees
    Shaft size - 1/4"
    Cost - $2.75
    Contents - 1

Radio Shack part # 274-415
    Control knob
    Specs:
    Fits standard 1/4" shaft
    3/4" hexagonal
    Skirted and indexed
    Cost - $2.75
    Contents - 4

Prices are when the last time I purchased, so they may vary.
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

10. The following user says "Thanks" to rjb0388

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My street cats is unique. the 3 step volume slider switches auctually work. with them on the lowest setting its a nice quiet back ground noise, (like if your playing a hand held game) And when you hit a bonus the volume does go up some but at that point its at a comfortable level if you empty your credits during a bonus, you hear the tokens and NOT the music. It has two speakers at the top and 2on bottom, with 1 of the bottom speakers being in the back of the machine I obviously have the back one unplugged do to the machine being against the wall. the front one I have unplugged because for some reason my ears don't like the deep boom, boom bass. gives me a headache everytime. Over all I am quite impressed with this machine. (think its because the wife likes it alot and keeps her from grumbling about my pachi addiction)

Although I wanted to make a big deal out of it and have a post all its own about it, guess this will have to do, I wasn't paying attention but this is my 777 post. yippie... ok, I had my fun and excitement. back to the real world of being or atleast acting like I am a normal human being...........
    Last edited by scooby_doo_m2002; 03-23-2006 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mephisto is too loud, or maybe it's the annoying noises made when you spin the wheels and reel stop noise. I'll put volume controls on it and see if the noise is more tolerable.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pfurman

Machines that have good volume control but have "oddities" related to their sound systems (Note: Sammy whine not included here)

The two NET machines we have that incorporate the "two buttons next to the coin slot" (Super Blackjack and DekaDan). They both produce this sort of "swishing" sound that we don't hear on any other machines. It's not really a hiss, or a whine. And I'm wondering if adding vol controls will help eliminate that somewhat annoying sound.
    Has anyone tried to "Shield" the speaker wiring on these machines with excessive interference How about twising the Speaker wiring into a "Twisted Pair" It will work wonders on sensitave electronic components
    Thomas P.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P.
    Has anyone tried to "Shield" the speaker wiring on these machines with excessive interference How about twising the Speaker wiring into a "Twisted Pair" It will work wonders on sensitave electronic components
    Good Idea!! This sounds like you want to be the gunny pig, I can't say anyone has come up with that idea on the board, I say give it a try and let me know how it goes. My super blackjack will thank you.

Cheers,
    James

Just when you think you've acomplished something!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Other Machines that need volume control Are
    SpinLuck
    IG Mosquito
    Banker 9

Another machine with good volume control
    Neo Pharoah Zetz
    Led Zepplin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello, I got my Gamera machine yesturday...It's Awesome and loud. I want to put volume controls in it...I know the ones I'm gettingfrom the previous foums. Can some one please help with a question?
    One speaker has two wire (red and white) the other has two wires (blue and white). I am not an electrician, can someone explain to me how to wire in the control? ( the control I am getting is 15W Stereo lpads).

Thanks
    Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On the L pad you have two sets of 3 terminals 1,2,3 (on stereo model only) (mono only has one set)

The #1 term is tapped into the positive speaker wire(probably the blue and the red) There is no need to cut these wires. Use a T tap connection. Solder a lenght of wire to both the #1 terms and tap into the postive wires of both speakers. Top set of terms. for the left and bottom set for the right.

Then cut the negative wires of both speakers(probably the white) in a good location to solder.

The #2 term goes to the end of the neg. wire coming from the speaker.
    The # 3 term goes to the end of the neg. wire coming from the amp.

Good Luck
    RJ

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5...adsmall7gt.jpg
    Last edited by rjb0388; 04-28-2006 at 12:49 PM.
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

18. The following user says "Thanks" to rjb0388

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Excellent, Thank you, I still have one question. Where is the Amp? The speakers are connected to a board. They snap in. Sorry if I sound stupid.

On my LOTR pachinko, small Phillips head pots were clipped into the one colored wire on each speaker...This was done by Pachislo.com. could I use those? or are they not powerfull enough. Everything I read in the forums said to use the 15W Lpots for Gamera.

Thank Again.
    Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cut the negative wires somewhere between the speaker and the sound board(where they plug in) The sound board would be considered the amp in this case.
    May the force be with you Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

BINGO! Now I understand. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have the Dracula Pachislo (Celtic Cross) and have tried and tried to find the stupid volume control on that thing. It's so quiet compared to the Sinbad Adventure slot I have on it's lowest setting. Can anyone post a picture of where the sound knob/switch is? There is an SW1 and Sw2 button up at the top on the inside of the slot machine. When I push SW1, the left red light at the top blinks and goes "honk", but thats about all I have been able to find. Thoughts? It's very frustrating because this particular slot machine is not that common and finding docs on (googling/yahoo'ing) has proven pointless.
    Last edited by agisis; 07-16-2006 at 02:38 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast