Thread: Eleco Reel LED removal instructions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Eleco Reel LED removal instructions

2. The following 17 users say "Thanks" to azlew

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Eleco Reel LED removal instructions

Great pics and thank you! What are the specs on the resistors for obtainng replacements? Any sources? Same question for the LEDs themselves, has anyone sourced these? I'd buy a quantity of both to re-sell to members if there's no source for small orders (or perhaps even consider offering a refurb service after I try it out on one of mine - I'm just waiting for spares to come from the dealer before I resolder my exisiting ones).
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to websherpa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great post, Lew!

Super pics, very informative and helpful.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've re-soldered a few of these boards and it did not help at all.

(Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by chaz70
    I've re-soldered a few of these boards and it did not help at all.
    I'm wondering if it makes sense to replace the resistors too (as mentioned elsewhere), though they're not easy to source without a part number.
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We've managed to pin down the fact that Kingbright do a couple of RGB LEDs but not been able to ascertain exactly which one of the two is best for the job.... any techies care to help out please?

Original thread > http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5925

Update thread > http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7734

Cheers,

Foxy

10. The following user says "Thanks" to SteveFoxUK

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From my understanding this procedure is going to work on the newer Elecos LCD models also and probably for another year or two.

I am glad it helps to at least get the led boards out safely.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wonder if this is the right KingBright RGB Led ?

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?&han...*&N=0&crc=true
    Mouser Part #:604-AAF5060-RGBhttp://www.mouser.com/images//pdf.gifPage 53Mfr. Part #:AAF5060PBESEEVGhttp://www.mouser.com/images//pdf.gifData SheetMfr:Kingbright Category:LEDs - with LeadsDescription:Kingbright LED RGB DIP-6 CHAMELEON FULL COLOR - RoHS/Pb-FREE per producer documentation

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What I can see from the specs of the two KingBright RGB LEDs is that there is a slightly different spectrum for one of the integral LEDs. If I get a spare LED Block I will try some out after I try re-solder and resistor replacement.

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to websherpa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for this post. You can add me to the list of Sinbad owners who have some LED's out. I just saw it tonight when I went to trun the machine on. For me it's the far right spin reel and the blue LED's are out so the first two reels are blue-ish in color and the one on the far right is yellow-ish. It looks silly.

I wrote to Gaku asking if he could send me a replacement LED board. I would really hate to send this whole machine back quite frankly.

I hope this isn't indicative of what kind of problems we can expect to see owning these machines.

-Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's funny, I had my Hanabi Hyakkei on, my best reel had three lights (the far left one I use to "shoot" three Don Chans), and when I got back from dinner, just before I read the last post, poof, one of those LEDs is out. What a pain. I'm waiting for replacements from my dealer, and will try and source parts to fix them (once I have the spare set to experiment on).

17. The following user says "Thanks" to websherpa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The White Piranahs just arrived!!!! part # whiper. I ordered 48 of them for the future. The bag labels them 3.1-3.4 v 20 ma max.

Question time.

1 Did I get the right LEDS?

2 Do I have to touch the resistors in any way and if so which ones? and do what with them?

3 The pics in the post show right reel removal what about the center reel?
    can I just remoe that reel? or do I have to take the right reel off first?

I havent heard from Pachinko Palace as to what they have come up with to fix the problem yet. Should I just wait for the replacement that they send or should I just try to fix the board I have now? I dont want to screw it up and not be able to play for awhile. But I do like to do things myself. I know its probably very simple once you have seen it done the first time but untill I actually do it I will be leary.
    Led Zepplin

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would wait and see if they will swap out the boards like Stealth did for me first. They offer a lifetime warrenty might as well use it. Then if you can't get any satisfaction then fix them your self. My Sinbad never had a problem and the Beast Sapp had them all replaced. Its hit or miss. good luck.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Eddie,

I lost track of this thread until now and didn't realize you may not have gotten answers. Did you get your boards replaced? Dealers here (canada) are not clued into the problem, I;ve seen umpteen Eleco's now with burnt out reels being sold at full price...I even offered the fix but wasn't taken up on it.

In any case if you didn't get the answers:

1) yes, you got the right ones

2) you should cut the leads to the 750 Ohm resistors, if you don't the LEDs will burn brighter, but as happened to me in my experiment, they are over driven and may eventually fail too (I have lost only one new LED since experimenting and discovering the 2nd best fix - original LEDs were just not available) - the answers to the technique are posted here: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...ed+replacement

3) Each reel in the Eleco's can be removed and worked on independently, two screws (one top and bottom) hold them to the reel cage. You must disconnect their electronic leads though.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to websherpa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thx for the help. I figured it all out some time ago and have replaced the Leds. Thx to your info It was all too easy.
    Led Zepplin

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Lew for your very detailed pictures and information about the reel removal. I just replaced my leds with a 100% working set(for now at least). And am going to try and replace the leds in the spare set now.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To all thanks for the info on the LED's in the Eleco machines.
    I tried to replace them with white LED's and what the others say is correct.
    The single white ones DO NOT illuminate the entire width of the reel and do show "hot spots".
    I checked the bad ones in my Sinbad. Each and every one that failed was due to a mechanical defect.
    Not one of them was "Burned out". Each one would work when the lens was pressed down against the chips.This is a good thing, means the current is not too high for them
    One thing I did do when I had the reels out was apply 24 Volt power to the 2 pin connector.It's easy to troubleshoot it this way The 4 pin cable to the LED unit is positive on the red and the three whites are ground, one for each "group" of LEDS.
    When you pull the reels off USE CARE!. Notice where the "keyway" is located. It CAN be put in reversed.Best way is to set the keyway to 6/12 O'clock and place a small piece of tape on the symbol at 12 O'Clock.If you do get it wrong it will be off 180º.If your memory is like mine, mark the reel hub and servo shaft with a sharpie. Remove the machine screw in the center of the shaft.*SOFTLY* rock/wiggle/move it until it slips off the servo shaft.
    The LED board snaps out of the plastic bezel, better to work on it flat than chase it around.Do not force ANY plastic parts, they feel brittle and I suspect they will crack if you torque them.
    The reel bummer....the Sinbad uses *SIX* of these for each reel...damn it. Time to go parts shopping, will let you guys know what kind of price I find. Post yours here please?
    Thanks!

H.B.

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Harleybum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Check out these units.....
    2000-3000mcd, 100 degree viewing angle single white units.
    Cost...$8.00 for 20 of them. Maybe replace ALL RGB units with these?
    I will order 20 of them and give it a try....it's under $15 shipped. If it's a complete failure..no big deal.....but if it works... YAHOO!!!!!!
    Here is the link
    http://www.phenoptix.co.uk/Superflux_LEDs_s/35.htm

H.B.

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Harleybum