Thread: 1st machine - GENIE PACHINKO PINBALL MACHINE ~ MAGIC CARPET RIDE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 1st machine - GENIE PACHINKO PINBALL MACHINE ~ MAGIC CARPET RIDE

After reading some of the Posts for Valley Gaming. I was al little worried about the machine I won on EBAY. They were the only vendor that was close enough for local pickup to avoid their $79 FED EX Shipping charge. Although Valley Gaming does not provide a user manual, feet to prevent tipping, or box to catch the balls in the back, they said they have a generic manual they would email me, I plan to get some scrap wood for the feet, and I found a plastic box to catch the balls in the back. Everything worked fine after adjusting some pins, the pins were all bent so only the main tulip that runs the center display would allow balls. There is a small slot at the top to bump the genie's head along the side of the center display for the super jackpot mode. At first I thought it was broken, but I found that the bottom tulip and gate below it only works during super jackpot mode. There is an interactive button at the front base that seems to adjust the odds of the jackpot win. Without pushing the interactive button when the Genie head floats on the center screen, the three jackpot reels would never line up and the boy on the screen would almost sneeze at the end of the reel spin. It would go one number larger than the winning combination and you would loose. By holding between the 6th and 7th flash of the floating head, I was able to get the 1% from a momentary press and release of the button to 30%(you may need to release the button when the genie flashes, I have not found out exactly how it works to increase you odds which are shown when you release the button). When the boy sneezes at the end of the reel spin, the reel will spin again. GO pocket next to the bottom tulip activates a star and up to four leds along the right side of the bottom section. The The interactive button also works on the 15 round mega jackpot mode. You need to press the button to increment the number on the right of the = sign to match the sum of the two number shown on the screen. The math screens come up a few times during the mega jackpot mode. The only other modifications besides the installation of feet, I plan to do is a volume control. I am trying to find a pair of connectors used to hook the speaker wires to the control board, to make an inline volume control that can be installed and removed without changing the original wiring.
    Thanks for providing a great site.

You guys were right, the Valley Gaming Tech Timothy did not know about your basic Pachinko tidbits like the single shot button on the firing knob or the hand sensor to prevent shooting without holding the knob. He was familiar with hand interlock feature on the starwars pachinko. They seem much more knowledgeable about american pinball machines.

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to dasai

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1st machine - GENIE PACHINKO PINBALL MACHINE ~ MAGIC CARPET RIDE

Welcome, and thanks for the info on your machine! Anything that helps folks understand the play of their machines is indeed appreciated here!
    [D] means [developement] [doramatic] [demention] and [design]

4. The following user says "Thanks" to ocpachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome. Is this the machine (Hakushon Daimaou) that you have?

Also, I know this isn't the best topic to bring up on first meeting but do you know what your user handle means in Japanese?
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to rupan777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

2nd Gen Japanese-American, Asai family name means (shallow water)

link to ebay screen image
    http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/view...pt=bidpay&sp=1

8. The following user says "Thanks" to dasai

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the forum! Very nice pachinko.

(Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)

10. The following user says "Thanks" to chaz70

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Japanese manufacturer - Sammy website for hakusyon - Large Devil 2 by Sammy 2004 new

http://www.sammy.co.jp/product/pachinko/hakusyon_new/

Pachitalk.com museaum picture link.

http://www.pachitalk.com/4images/det...13b62164b40d0a

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome, dasai!

13. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the forum dasai!

Be sure to enter your pin locator on the Googlemap. There are only four of us in the west who have done that so far and it looks kind of lonely out here. I think we might live fairly close. I'm in Carmichael, about 35 miles north of Valley Gaming. Glad to have you with us.
    Mike
    Arnold The Terminator Sheep, the baaaddest sheep in the whole damn town, plays only Star Wars, ROBOCOP, and Sakura Pachinkos in CA.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to sacpinplayer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dasai
    2nd Gen Japanese-American, Asai family name means (shallow water)
    I thought your name might be "Asai", that's good. "Dasai" is an old Japanese slang term that means something like "square" or "unhip".

Anyway, good machine. I played it quite a bit last year.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to rupan777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

do you know the logic behind pressing the interactive button when the female genie's head floats across the screen to get a higher % when released?
    I don't know if it depends on the button press and release or game play of balls entering the gates or the "GO" gate. I think they explain how the percentage works on the manufacture's website, but will need my parents to translate it. Of the three types shown on the Sammy website, my machine imatches the blue FNA Specifications.
    Last edited by dasai; 12-14-2005 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It shows you the increase in odds of winning if a reach occurs during that spin. Usually, it displays a low percentage (1-10%) but there are some higher level ones too, including a "premium" 100%.