Thread: Super Blackjack next to the Christmas Tree, the Bear Rules!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Super Blackjack next to the Christmas Tree, the Bear Rules!

After some helpful hints from the forum members, and much overkill research, I added to my big (1 each, woohoo) Pachinko collection with a new pachislo machine. With the Sinbad foremost in my mind, we headed up yesterday to Big Bear's, and after a long stopover at the outlet mall ,to actively insure keeping the wheels of progress greased with the wifey, we arrived at pachislo heaven.
    Gaku has a very nice shop right off the interstate, deep in the piney woods of east(ish) Texas. The showroom was not too big but super clean and set up with lots of machines, all on, ready to play, and cups of tokens placed around so one could check out all of them. Every machine was in like new condition, virtually mint. The warehouse area was very big, also incredibly clean, and machines everywhere in a variety of states, most being cleaned inside and out. I guess one could say it was similar to standing in Santa's toy workshop.
    One customer was just leaving with a Sinbad and two other machines, and for the next hour and a half the wife and I played, and I mostly worried, about which one to buy. A couple of side trips to the warehouse, one to actually touch a Spin Luck all nice and shiney. Oooooo. But most of the time was going back and forth between machines. Gaku was incredibly patient with my hand-wringing procrastinating-style of decision making.
    Sinbad was incredible, but so was Super Blackjack and several others. I really liked Gigafever's light display, but in the end I had to pick only one, and I chose Super Blackjack because it had more 'melodious' soundtracks which I thought might be more acceptable for a first time machine, and the variety of gameplay seemed to be quite deep(?) like Sinbad. If I could have gotten more I would grab a Sinbad and Gigafever. And there were some other close runners-up. One with a scanty-clad gal running through the jungle with monkeys and snakes chasing her. Great jungle sounds in the attract mode. It was cheaper but I didn't want the wife to get a frowny face due to the fact that the theme was..... different. (I kid, she wanted me to buy one (maybe to shut me up) )
    So we loaded the trunk up with Super Blackjack, and literally waved goodbye to the staff at Big Bear, with the sun setting through the woods behind the store, hooty owls a-hootin', and armadillos a-diggin', and drove home, back to lovely Houston chaos. The machine now rests on the ledge of the fireplace, adding it's display to the lights of the Christmas tree, and everyone is having a blast playing it. Set the payout level down to 3 so we wouldn't get so many payouts. It has, incredibly, no dust inside of it. It looks brand new. They must use q-tips to clean these machines!
    Many thanks to the staff at Big Bear's, everyone was incredibly helpful, patient, and friendly, along with great prices. I'll definitely go there again for (hopefully) my next machine.
    John

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to pachinkojohn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Super Blackjack next to the Christmas Tree, the Bear Rules!

Very nice write up John! A great machine too!
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice choice, John. I wish I could have gone somewhere and tried out several different machines but I don't think I would have passed up super Black Jack even then. Everyone enjoys it here.
    Never met a Pachi I didn't like!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The girl running thru the jungle is called Golden Treasure, a fun machine to play with the LCD screen and stereo jungle sounds. it sounds like you are playing in the jungle

And Sinbad is my favorite pachislo

It is nice visiting Santa Gaku's workshop, isn't it Almost as good as a trip to Santa Arby's would be
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have to comment on the above post. I was "the guy" who purchased two machines from Gaku just as the above gentleman and his wife were walking in the door! I was so excited I had to show him which two I bought. The staff and Gaku are so helpful and very patient. I played most of the machines for an hour or so. Gaku has a great facility and warehouse and I watched as they were going thru the machines. The process and care they take is incredible. It was a great experience! I will not ever buy a machine from any place else! He had so many great machines, it was hard for me to decide which to buy, since I had made the trip to just buy some tokens for my older machines. I am new to this board and want to thank everyone who led me (and others)to Gaku. I was so surprised and lucky to find out his store and warehouse is just outside Houston where I live. I bought two machines and the best part is after I paid for them the machines were going home with me. no shipping ! I purchased the Sinbad adventure and fever queen! two great machines. I got the sinbad from the scratch and dent and you cant even tell were the scratch is after they polished it and got it ready for me! Gaku then made me a deal I could not pass up on the fever queen! WOW!! I then had to get out quick before i left with more machines than I could transport home. I will be back 'cause he had a few more machines that R on my list! I hope you enjoy Super blackJack as much as I enjoy the machines I bought. I am sure you are just as satisfied with the buying experience as I. Best of luck and always....MAXX BET!

7. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to x3bowens

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome x3bowens. It's nice to hear from someone with face to face experience with Gaku. Many of us have dealt with him only by email. I hope you'll report to us after you've played with your new toys for a while.
    Never met a Pachi I didn't like!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

With my brother now living in New Mexico there may be a road trip after my son is done with his chemo. Not for some time though but when it's time Gaku is on the list of stops to make, along with some other members!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Lazarus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome, X3Bowens!

I agree you guys ARE lucky to have a place like Big Bear close by. I have Tulsa which is close to becoming it's own parlor.
    Firewire