Thread: Reels / stepper motor question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Reels / stepper motor question

Now that I have the L-Pad installed (works great), the inner workings are much louder and I might be paranoid and noticing thing I didn't hear before...

.... today when I went to test my Hanabi Hyakkei I noticed that the reels (in particular the one that stops slightly lower) also shudders a bit when the reels start spinning. Is that normal? Also as discussed elsewhere the motors make a whine (like a bbq rotisserie) when any reel is running. Is that what others experience?

Thanks for you opinion, I want to get all my concerns out so that the dealer (who is very good, but long distance) can address them. I am very thankful for all the help this forum has provided.
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Reels / stepper motor question

I don't think reel noise was a big concern when they manufactered these, The noise in a palour is very loud anyways.

Some machines tend to be noiser than other, keep in mind these have been used in Japan for 6 months to 2 years before we get them.

you could try some of the tips suggested to quiet them down. but, none of the members here has every had a stepper motor burn out.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So the shuddering of the one reel when it starts, is that something normal too?

Thanks!
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes it is.

(Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One reel on my Neo Planett shudders but has not caused any trouble. The reel noise on it is also quite loud. A few things I have done to make it a little quieter are - adjusting the reel cage until the noise is at a minium and then tightening all screws - I put small pieces of rubber behind the cage where it mounts to the wood cabinet (these pieces must be thin or the reels will rub on the door when it is closed). These fixes reduced the noise about half.
    When I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my toys for the price that I told her I payed for them............. *DDK - Neo Planett - Thunder - Vintage Pachinko*

Thanks
    Thanks Received

unless you start running into a lot of errors that have to be reset i wouldn't worry about it .the machine monitors the speed of the reels and will error out if the reel doesn't get to the desired speed in time .if you contact gaku (if i remember thats where you got the machine they all blend together anymore.)I'm sure he'll be glad to send you another reel assy. if it really bothers you .hes an excellent dealer and goes the extra distance to make you happy with your purchase .
    Jeff