Thread: Neo Planet: Sorry, just not a fun machine for me

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Neo Planet: Sorry, just not a fun machine for me

Hmmmm...where to begin...

My b/f finally got the reel noise and secondary vibrations on Neo Planet quiet enough for me to sit down and really give it a shot. The interesting thing is, I was able to win two BB's in a couple of hours of play. But despite that, Neo Planet is just not a fun machine for me. The music is ok; the graphics are ok; but there's just nothing going on with that machine that holds my interest or attention. The thing that did get my attention was the little teasing spinning star/7 graphic. But since I lost every single time it appeared, each consecutive time just got on my nerves. When I eventually won the second BB, it was the result of some seemingly unrelated graphic that appeared and then told me I'd won. Frankly, I would have rather won it on one of those spinning star/7 deals. At least that way I would have felt some satisfaction after having lost so many of those in a row. This way, it just felt disjointed and like "Big deal; I won a BB." Soon after I hit I just turned off the machine and went to my computer to check my email. It just escapes me why so many people find this to be their favorite machine. I guess it's just different strokes for different folks. But in the words of the vampy singer Clarence Carter, this one just ain't strokin me.

Paula

2. The following user says "Thanks" to pfurman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Neo Planet: Sorry, just not a fun machine for me

i love neo planett but thats my opinion but like you said different people like different machines, im sure theres one you'll find that you like

4. The following user says "Thanks" to RKnarr01

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by RKnarr01
    i love neo planett but thats my opinion but like you said different people like different machines, im sure theres one you'll find that you like
    Actually, there's several that I like. I just was waiting for the reel noise to be quiet enough for me to be able to sit in front of Neo Planet long enough to get a feel for it. Afterwards, I was just disappointed, is all. Especially after having played machines that I really like.

Speaking of which, my b/f suggested I give Speed Racer a spin. He warned me that it is loud, though not as loud as Popeye, and it has the typical "Sammy whine". But dayamn....that sucker is more fun than a hot rod full of monkeys!!!! There's so much going on. I love the music. The animation is top notch. I even like the way they set up the bonus rounds. It's not an automatic/you see a 7 and then aim for the 7's type of thing. You maybe see the "bar" symbol, but if you don't get the bar then and there, it disappears. Then there's nothing. Then maybe a 7. Then maybe a bar again if you don't get the 7. All the while, there's this wild cheering going on, with confetti and everything. My heart was racing by the time I nailed a BB and played it out. I got so into it I didn't even notice the whine after a while. (Note: Milt's video at Stealth is good, but doesn't begin to capture just how much fun this machine really is.) I guess after that, Neo P was just sort of like wtf for me. But I don't want to give the impression that I don't enjoy any machines. I think if you've read any of my reviews you'd see that there are some machines I really like, and some I don't. Hope that clears up any confusion.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to pfurman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was thinking of picking one of the speed racers up from milts website i have wanted to play that machine for a while but first i must find somewheres to put it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by RKnarr01
    I was thinking of picking one of the speed racers up from milts website i have wanted to play that machine for a while but first i must find somewheres to put it.
    Now we're talkin, Sparky! I know he's got them in Scratch n Sniff (I mean, Scratch n Dent) for $89, if you can live with the peeling gold chrome, etc. That's a heck of a deal for a heck of a machine! DEFINITELY get the volume controls for the additional $10. That machine is definitely a 9.5+ in my book. And I'm not a big fan of real loud machines. But this one I think I'd play full tilt sometimes even after we install volume controls. I didn't wanna get up for dinner even though b/f cooked me a special meal (and he cleaned up too, so I could go back and play some more !)

...Go Speed Racer GO-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

9. The following user says "Thanks" to pfurman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Paula your review's here are a breath of fresh air even though you may not get agreement on what you are saying. Please continue to play more pachislos and give us your insight as it is very interesting. In fact it is so interesting you just may have swayed my girlfriend on a couple of pachislo models

11. The following user says "Thanks" to azlew

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by azlew
    Thanks Paula your review's here are a breath of fresh air even though you may not get agreement on what you are saying. Please continue to play more pachislos and give us your insight as it is very interesting. In fact it is so interesting you just may have swayed my girlfriend on a couple of pachislo models
    You're welcome. Believe it or not, I really don't say things to get agreement (or to initiate confrontation) - I just say what I think, and let other folks respond however they choose. After too many years of trying to say and do what I thought everybody else wanted, I've finally decided just to say and do what I really think and feel. Works for me.

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pfurman