Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pachinkos, a little too cheap?

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinkos, a little too cheap?

If you can call buying a Star Wars pachinko insane.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss
    If you can call buying a Star Wars pachinko insane.
    Not at that price!

Again Congrats on a fantastic buy!

3. The following user says "Thanks" to azlew

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It sounds as if everything is on the up and up. Diversity...I hope you didn't take our apprehension personally. As other vendors have found out before you, we are indeed a family. We are happy when others get great deals, informative when there are questions, helpful when there are problems and wary if something just doesn't look "right". Looks like this is a win/win situation for everyone. Welcome.
    Dawn

5. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dattia very well put

7. The following user says "Thanks" to RKnarr01

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congrats on that Star Wars, Mr. G! Super price!!!

9. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dalto
    pachinko4less listed a large number of pachinkos with low BIN's on ebay.

His feedback appears to be manufactured as it is alomost entirely items he bought for less than $1.

This one seems a little too risky for me.

Thoughts?
    dalto, thanks for getting this thread going. It certainly led to some lively discussion and hopefully some nice pachinkos at great prices.
    Mike
    Arnold The Terminator Sheep, the baaaddest sheep in the whole damn town, plays only Star Wars, ROBOCOP, and Sakura Pachinkos in CA.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sacpinplayer
    dalto, thanks for getting this thread going. It certainly led to some lively discussion and hopefully some nice pachinkos at great prices.
    I agree. I went back and gave him a thanks as this has been one of the best threads we have had. It shows the power of pachitalk.com and it also shows that a dealer can and will step forward and set the facts straight. I applaud all of you for your posts here and in the other thread(s) concerning this subject

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Indeed... All is well in Pachiland
    Congratulations MrGneiss sounds like an awsome machine.
    Diversityind A BIG WELCOME to you, I'm glad everything worked out for everyone!
    Thomas P.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Thomas P.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

way to go Stuey, a Star Wars Pachinko very cool.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

15. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P.
    I'm glad everything worked out for everyone!
    I didn't get one :disappoin

But I know I will get lots of PM's and work as a result. And, I got an invite from a member whose house is feasible to get to, so god willing we are going to take some butt-kicking videos.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rupan777
    I didn't get one :disappoin

But I know I will get lots of PM's and work as a result. And, I got an invite from a member whose house is feasible to get to, so god willing we are going to take some butt-kicking videos.
    I have to check with the Actors Guild first, for the correct makeup.
    Mike
    Arnold The Terminator Sheep, the baaaddest sheep in the whole damn town, plays only Star Wars, ROBOCOP, and Sakura Pachinkos in CA.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sacpinplayer
    I have to check with the Actors Guild first, for the correct makeup.
    Done, Mike. They told me that this would probably best suit a man of your stature:

J/K looking forward to meeting you.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That would do fine, I don't know about the fancy dance steps though.
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very Cool, nice Doo too!
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I feel somewhat indifferent here. I was a financial advisor six years ago and there were stock promoters with many "identities" that leverage the "hype and dump manipulation" with misleading or false statements. This ebay seller used a different identity to promote and "pump up this opportunity" and then with the great sleuth work from the pachitalk members, they caught him and he had to fess up. All I know is in the world of stocks if any "promoters" claim to have "inside" information, like this guy, it would be considered fraud and they would lose their license and get locked up. I understand this is a completely different situation but legitimate business vendors, such as this ebay seller should simply tell the truth upfront and shouldnt let his potential customers catch him red-handed.
    On the other hand, it is a great deal so if you dont morally care about what transpired, go for the gold.
    Just my 2cents.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to pachinkowiz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The funny thing here is that if someone actually takes the responsibility of investing their cash in a container or 1/2 container of newer pachinkos (pachislos have a greater market) all they have to do is come on this site, be honest, give regular updates, and perform on their commitments and they will do quite well...if they didn't order too many, or at the wrong time, etc.

I remember the various threads about getting a container of pachislos (which more folks want) and somehow splitting it, thereby getting bypassing the dealers and getting "wholesale" cost. I think those threads educated me about the magnitude of the undertaking...and of course, it never happened.

I've watched a number of approaches to pachinko sales this year in particular, with more new entrants than usual catering to a still very niche market. For a few machines, at times, great prices have been obtained. For many more, a moderate price, and for others, not enough to cover the labor of simply handling the machines.

I think pachislos have enough consistent demand to balance the ebbs and flows. Not pachinkos...yet.

What it will take is enough folks willing to risk the import investment so that machines will reach prices more folks are willing to pay...while still rewarding investment. This means newer machines, fast shipping, and effective promotion.

On this last point there's been a lot of heated discussion over the months. I think this board is united that less hype would be better...but many pachinko buyers are not on this board...and hype sells.

This seller is being given a chance in part because the mistakes were admitted. If all goes well in the days ahead, the equation will balance out, because many here run their own small businesses and know how nervous you can get when you've got to get your money back. That's not 'justifying' what was done, it's just reality. But the proof will be in the deliveries.

And maybe the next seller will just be straightforward from the beginning. I don't know many markets where there's this level of analysis of importers. I guarantee that if we were to examine the 'morality' of all of the people who import the millions of containers of freight to our stores (not to mention the 'morality' of manufacturers right here in the US, distributors, retailers, etc. etc.) we'd have a lot harder time wanting to buy just about anything.

But of course, for some, that is exactly the idea.
    [D] means [developement] [doramatic] [demention] and [design]

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes Guys You Are All Welcome Even Though Nobody Beleived Me And By The Way I Always Type In Caps Its My Keyboard Mine Mine Mine Only Kidding Happy Holidays To All And Thanks To Everyone For Helping Out With My Questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well Well Well....I just got a phone call from a friend here in Phoenix and he popped one of those cheap priced pachinkos from this dealer. SO I am going to see first hand how it was packed etc since this friend is a neighbor and he likes his beer cold

So I will be reporting here right away on how fast the delivery was and the condition of the box and what's in it and whether or not the pachinko even works.

This will be real interesting.....

26. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to azlew

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Lew... looking forward to that.
    Did your neighbor receive it already? I know these auctions just ended... so probably not. But was shipping information provided, with a delivery date?

I bit the bullet and went for a black RoboCop, so I'm certainly interested in hearing how other experiences have gone so far.

There's a few things that still bother me about it... and some of them are already listed here on PachiTalk.

The big one - Why did the first post from this seller come off as a buyer endorsing what turned out to be his own business.

Originally Posted by diversityind
    This Guy Is Definatley For Real I Ordered A Machine From Him And It Came In Almost New Condition. Basically He Manufactuered Feedback For Two Reasons To Be Able To List 1 Day Auctions To Allow The Buyer To Receive There Machine For Christmas And Second He Has A Ton Of Inventory That Needs To Be Cleared For New Shipments Arriving. Plus He Is Paypal Verified With Over 680+ And It Is A Safe Way To Do Business. You Wont Be Dissappointed You May Never Find A Machine That Low Ever, Trust Me.
    That bugs the hell out of me still, to be honest.

So I'm looking forward to hearing about other experiences. Meanwhile, the seller gives 5 days before payment it due. That takes me to Monday. I'm usually one to pay right away... as close to "immediate" as possible... and take a bit of pride in that.

But considering this SHILL statement by the seller himself, I'm waiting the whole 5 days to pay.

Surely SOMEONE here (especially west and central US) will have had their machine delivered by then, and we'll know more.

So, the bottom line... I put my money where my mouth was. Now I'm waiting for the seller to put his PRODUCT where our money is.

BTW... after this two day blitz... no more machines have been listed so far.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok.I've officially lost it... I just won 4 pachinkos from the auctions we're discussing. And two more outstanding bids on machines with another vendor...

Someone needs to take my wallet away from me...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast