Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Please help ASAP-Crazy Cherry Machine is Down w/Error Code E2-Need up by Friday

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Please help ASAP-Crazy Cherry Machine is Down w/Error Code E2-Need up by Friday

MEtten, that is a very cool looking machine.

I'm sure Milt will do his best to take care of the problem.
    Stealth has excellent customer service.

(Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)

2. The following user says "Thanks" to chaz70

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Please help ASAP-Crazy Cherry Machine is Down w/Error Code E2-Need up by Friday

Ok Pachislousa,

Thanks for your interest. Here are my findings...

Test 1.) Put a few tokens in the hopper, power the machine on, and manually spin the hopper wheel. After ejecting a token, does the alarm go on? If so, you can assume the sensor is working ok.

Results: Yes, alarm goes off however the error code is E6 instead of the E2.

Test 2.) Spin the hopper wheel further. Does it eject multiple tokens SMOOTHLY? If not, you have a physical problem with the eject path.

Results: Yes it appears to.

Test 3.) Clear the error and have the machine eject a token by pressing the hopper empty button. Wait for the machine to error. Check the hopper eject path, and make sure a coin isn't stuck in the eject path. (If a coin is stuck in the optical path too long, it sounds the error as well).

Results: It appears that the path is clear.

Just to make mention again, when the payout button is hit, it seems to take a long time for even the first coin to come out. Very slow. If I force the red reset button down, tokens continue to dispense longer (but still very slowly) then but eventually it again goes into the error code E2 condition.

Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

e2 is a changer error

CE - Changer Error - Either you have a bad token which triggered the bad coin detection circuit, or there is too much dirt buildup along the coin path. Examine the base of the path that the coin rolls down. If it looks very dirty, scrape it off with a small screwdriver or knife.check all plugs and harness wiring going to the door buttons and coin sensors
    Jeff

5. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

By a long time, are we talking about 1-2 seconds? or 20 seconds?

I would assume that the hopper motor starts to spin immediately, but it takes a long time for the first coin to eject? Or does the motor not come on immediately?

Does the hopper motor appear to spin at a decent speed? (It should average around a revolution a second; maybe faster/slower, but it shouldn't be c r e e p i n g).

7. The following user says "Thanks" to pachislousa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jeff,

The coin mechansim has been thoroughly cleaned and is in mint condition. Also, checked and rechecked all the wirng to the door and circuit boards. All are snug.

Pachislousa,

It is more on the 5-10 second side. I hear the sudden start of movement in the hopper. Then, it takes awhile for the first coin to spit out *if it does not go into the E2 condition. Delay again for the second coin like the first. I am lucky to have two coins come out before it goes into E2 mode.

It does seem to creep in my opinion. Haven't looked at it while it is turning yet.

Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

that almost made it sound to me like maybe the tokens are falling into the slots in the hopper to be spit out and the hopper is just going around spitting a few that do fall in out and then signaling with the error code that the hoppers empty but that would be a HE error most likely.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just watched the dial reel as I hit the payout button. I see the dial reel turn in a jerky movement slightly in a clockwise direction. Not fast at all...very slow. I just do not recall it ever being this slow to payout. Tries to kick out a coin, maybe does so and then goes into E2 code.

Very frustrated at this point.I just find it difficult to understand what the problem may be. If it is the hopper, I would think I would see an e3 code. If e2 is related to the coin mechanism, why would the occurence of the error take place only when the payout is activated which is unrelated to the coin mechansim?

Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MEtten
    I just watched the dial reel as I hit the payout button. I see the dial reel turn in a jerky movement slightly in a clockwise direction. Not fast at all...very slow. I just do not recall it ever being this slow to payout. Tries to kick out a coin, maybe does so and then goes into E2 code.

Very frustrated at this point.I just find it difficult to understand what the problem may be. If it is the hopper, I would think I would see an e3 code. If e2 is related to the coin mechanism, why would the occurence of the error take place only when the payout is activated which is unrelated to the coin mechansim?

Mike
    I thought E-2 was a hopper error and E-3 was an empty hopper.
    Dalto
    -----

12. The following user says "Thanks" to dalto

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dalto,

You may be right. I am just going by the booklet I have that came with the machine. Maybe a new hopper is needed???

Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Any update to this Mike ???

Regards, Jay

15. The following user says "Thanks" to monaghj

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jay,

At this point, yes there is an update. I had the party Friday evening and all went well. After considerable trial and error and from the help of all the great people here, I was able to make the machine work by 1.) covering the payout button with a bow so no one would push it and, 2.) immediately stop play when anyone hit the bonus play mode. Both preventative steps stopped the possibility of it going into a major payout of tokens to the tray.

With 30 people playing it throughout the night and the probability set to 6, two people hit the bonus play feature which is triggered by any one set of three of a kind.

On the negative side, it did trigger an E6 code once that night which I beleive is a RAM error??? I would like it to be error free and I really am not sure where to go on that error code. On the positive side, I have received a brand new hopper this past Monday from the great folks at Sleath Amusements that I will try when I have a chance.

I am anxious to see the results of replacing the hopper since that seemed to be where the problems were occuring given the E2 / E3 error codes I was originally receiving.Obviously I would prefer the payout feature to be functional.

Thanks for asking Jay and I will add the update after the hopper has been replaced.

Mike

17. The following user says "Thanks" to MEtten

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Please help ASAP-Crazy Cherry Machine is Down w/Error Code E2-Need up by Fri

Did you eventually replace the Hopper? Please let me know if that resolved the issue. I have exactly the same problem.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Please help ASAP-Crazy Cherry Machine is Down w/Error Code E2-Need up by Fri

It was 18 years ago, so you might not get an answer
    Ian #UKPachinko

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It was my Hail Mary question. The OP had exactly the same issue I have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3