Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The NTSC-UK JSR Pachislo Massive

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: The NTSC-UK JSR Pachislo Massive

I got my machine today and all I can say is

It's amazing! So simple to play, yet very tricky to do well at!

I really have no idea what I am doing as such, lots of bonus type games come up, some with you running from the riot police, others where you spray things etc, really no clue at all what to do, just really enjoying playing it!

I played for a good hour on skill level 3 and couldn' get the bonus round, but when I knocked it down to 2 I finally got there and it was just the best thing ever!

It was so loud, yet brilliant, I think I had the biggest grin you could ever see

Love this machine, but now I really think I want more.......

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Eso
    I played for a good hour on skill level 3 and couldn' get the bonus round, but when I knocked it down to 2 I finally got there......
    As a note, the lower the number the lower the payout rate. In theory, 6 will pay out the most often.
    Dalto
    -----

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dalto
    As a note, the lower the number the lower the payout rate. In theory, 6 will pay out the most often.
    I think that is the case. I have mine set to 4 and it seems to pay out plenty.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Really?

I'm confused as I found I hardly won, and never got any bonus rounds whilst on level 3, yet changing to level 2 I got it quite quickly and fairly easily?!

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've had machines where I got the bonus rounds right after resetting, in the long run the odds stay the same
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello everyone, I got my first Pachislo here in the UK a couple of weeks ago and it looks like I've added to any JSR shortage! I also got my machine from 777Heaven and he very kindly fitted some volume controls before sending it, which work very well. So if you want some advice on buying controls in the UK, I suggest your first port of call is Steve. As far as information goes on this machine, I found an operating manual on BigBear's website in the US - I think he's also a member (perhaps one of our US cousins can confirm), but am not sure if he's happy for anyone to download if not purchasing from him. There's also a separate thread saying that a JSR manual will be added to the museum tomorrow (albeit in Japanese). This should give some tips on gameplay, so it looks like you timed your purchase right. As for the skill levels, I've found that it's good to change from time to time, as different levels give you varied bonuses and you might see something completely new! That blue dancing dog makes me chuckle every time. Cheers for now, Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

this thread = awesome. ntsc jsr massive for the win!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I caved guys - I'm now a member of the ntsc-uk JSR pachislo crew. It was the talk of running out in the UK that did it.

Now I've got to keep my fingers crossed that I get a half decent christmas bonus! After my girlfriend agreed to contribute to Star Wars pachinko as a gift, I have no idea how I'm going to explain this when it arrives. Reckon I'd get away with saying I got it for a fiver at a car boot sale?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mike, yes, BigBear is a member here, and he goes under his name, Gaku.
    If you do a search using his name, you'll find quite a few posts. I might add, a great dealer to buy from, especially here in the states!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Tony Junior

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My JSR pachislo arrived from Steve the other day - just got it set up yesterday. Seems great but absolutely ridiculously loud (I knew it would be from what people were saying). Haven't got a key yet so I have to go in through the bottom to get it open but hopefully that will get sorted.

I played for about an hour, getting the odd three bells or replay and that was about it. My girlfriend sat down and instantly got some sort of bonus round where the machine was just throwing tokens at her. It seemed no matter when she pressed those buttons, she was going to win big. Three bonus rounds later and the machine had run out of tokens inside.

The bonus round felt a bit funny because it was almost like you didn't even have to be there. It took a bit of the mystery of skill away from the machine in a way. But the Jet Set Radio music is always appreciated and the video footage is great! Just like the Dreamcast.

I have no pachislo experience to compare this to. This is my first. So far, seems very enjoyable. I'd love to get one of those Metal Slug ones but, after just getting this and SW pachinko (christmas present), I'd never get away with it. How long do those sort of machines stay on the market before vanishing?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've no idea how long they stay on the market, but thought I'd say something about the Big Bonus you were talking about. Basically, the best way of thinking about the 'Big Bonus' (which is what your girlfriend got), is that it's one elongated jackpot - it's just putting on a show before it gives you the money. There are plenty of other video sequences on JSR to keep you occupied, wth Jet Chance and the various chases - one where you're skating away from the police and another where you're chasing after someone else. Added to that you get the various spray painting subsections and other skaters flying passed from time to time. The skill element comes in hitting the right symbols during these other sequences, to then lead on to the Big Bonus. Don't ask me what you have to hit exactly, as I'm still sussing it out myself, although I believe you don't want to hit a Bar, Seven or Big Bonus, as this seems to stop the mini bonus. Lastly, once you've got inside the machine, take a look at the museum for some advice on changing skill levels, which makes a difference to gameplay. I think you'll find the game more and more interesting as you go along.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mike

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't forget the challenge of avoiding and getting jac games during a BB to maximize your winnings.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2