Thread: Difference between pachinko models

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Difference between pachinko models

So, I simply love pachinko. All I have to go by is my Newgin Godzilla, but I am 100% in to it.

Now I am thinking about getting another machine. The question I have is, how do these machines vary from model to model / manufacturer to manufacurer? Is getting anther pachinko going to be different than my Godzilla or is it simply eye candy that is the difference?

I would like to get a "different" machine as my next one, if that is possible. I do notice that on some pachinko they are like my godzilla. The right side of the board is playable but mostly blocked off by pins. I see other models look like they have a clear shot from launch to the right side.

I guess the most important point I'd like answered here is what should I look for ina pachinko that would be the most different from what I have now. Of course that doesnt suck.

Thanks!

(Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Difference between pachinko models

That's a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry big topic in that the only thing that really binds all pachinko machines together is the basic gameplay (shoot balls, line up reels). There are some other elements that liken them which I will be covering in my Pachinko Glossary and FAQ Vol.2 at some later date.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Suggest you get a Maturi Apollo 1 model by Taiyo Elec if you want a great pachinko that is different from all the video models. Exciting game play, full board usage and great sounds. The video models can get repetitive if you play them often; especially if the bonus round is always the same video sequence. The bonus round on the Apollo is by far the most exciting I've played requiring some skill and luck to keep it going. I also have a Maturi Gachinko that I'd recommend as part of a collection, but if you only have a few machines, it's not even close to the Apollo. I've seen some members comment that Thunderzone is a great game for similar reasons but tough to come by these days.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to luckymoey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Thunderzone is an awesome machine. It's in the category of, pry my cold dead hands off of it before you get it away from me. Still the Star Wars which is a video driven machine is my favorite.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa