Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Start Of PachiTalk : Big Bang or Creator Theory?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Start Of PachiTalk : Big Bang or Creator Theory?

Yep, that was the concept. It was more of a benefit than a reason for joining. It was the best source of info at the time. And those providing the info are pretty much all here! Arby, Azlew, Tulsa, etc.....

A few groups were (and still are) on yahoo groups, but no activity on them.

Believe it or not Arbycoffee was a big time Pachislo man in the beginning! He even did some pretty nice custom jobs!

Then as the song goes...."One night in Bangkok..."
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Among other things. What we had was an admin that tried to con/swipe/steal anything and everything from anyone he could to make a buck for himself. Not only did he con people on ebay, he was constantly trying to let someone else come up with a new idea he could capitalize on. Slime dog all the way.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by David R.
    You don't say!
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Indeed, an excellent review of how it all went down... and how we all came up!

I, too, was fed up with seeing people being ripped off over there. Wholesale machines? What a joke. It was the lure that made people sign up, and the pisser that made me quit in the end.

But in between, it became painfully obvious that everyone's contributions there (not just my own) were being used to make a scam artist rich. Information that was freely shared was being peddled by this scum... and he was charging the contributors to contribute!

Greed was the reason for that site, and in the end it was greed that consumed it. There were also photographs posted there (for a while, at least) that were beyond distasteful... they were disgusting! That was the straw that finally broke my back.

A better way... another forum... free from greed. That was my wish as well. In fact, I had purchased a domain and website hosting... and was about to develop an alternative.

Knowing that Tulsa had openly shown signs of disgust over there, along with his feelings that pachinko should also be included in a forum like this, I contacted him to get his thoughts about the possibility of starting something else.

I asked if he would help... and his reply was, "Come join us", and he told me of what he had conceived with David. He told me of his plan, and that it was already in development. Hence, as you see from the join dates, I'm proud to say I joined the very same day that they did... the day the system went on line for just those two. I was the first (other than those two) to see this dream in real time, and I'm grateful.

I can say this... I would never have been able to develop a forum and dedicate SO many hours to it as well as these guys have done, AND ARE STILL DOING... PERIOD!!!

IMHO, this is the finest forum on the internet today, whether it's for pachis or anything else! It's a family, not just place to post.

SOOoooo... I guess I wasn't there at the "conception", but I'm proud to say that I was one of the first to "feel the baby kick".
    And, of couse, got to see the birth.

And just look how big junior is getting, now! But, the initial values are still there, and I'm sure will be for a long, long time.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

5. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not an origional member, but does it count that PachiTalk was only 4 months old when I joined?
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by David R.
    Yep, that was the concept. It was more of a benefit than a reason for joining. It was the best source of info at the time. And those providing the info are pretty much all here! Arby, Azlew, Tulsa, etc.....

Believe it or not Arbycoffee was a big time Pachislo man in the beginning! He even did some pretty nice custom jobs!

Then as the song goes...."One night in Bangkok..."

Wow, Yes I did all three glass; top reels and belly. And I thought I was a happy man, but with a strange lacking feeling. Than one day I got 10,000 tokens in and in with them was a Pachinko ball.
    It felt so great and smooth in my hand, Tulsa was preaching to the troops on the virtues of Pachinko, so I listened from the front row, and I was going to buy "One". I really liked the LOTR movies.

Well I lost my water and given away more slots to char. groups in town, when they call up for a donation. "I got a slot for you here, you pick up".

And Slots are fine, BUT Metals just doesn't have the feel of a Sphere. I rush I get from rolling a few in my hands. I always carry a few in my pocket, so when I be working and get bored, I reach in and roll them around in my hand. Very smooth and Orgasmic like.

I have not dropped a 25¢ in my old Mills machines now for about two years, they just stay bagged over on their stands.

I am so glad this hobby is not illegal, I would be a criminal
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

8. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

9 more days and I be here a year , dont know why they still put up with me but I thank all the admin for doing so , I also left after gettin ripped from the "oldPlace" Thanks guys and hope we can be together for a many many years ,Ive came to know some hera like Tater , David ,Arby,Laz Minn Brad,Tank where ever he is and a zillion others as true friends that will tell ya the truth no matter if it aint what ya want to here but you gets the truth and thats important, as I truly appreachiet all the help and emails with all me friends ,
    Don
    and a newe friend SID
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Start Of Pachitalk : Big Bang or Creator Theory?

I came to Pachitalk.com after being a member of the other forum. That was the most frustrating time I had ever had with a forum. My infatuation was with pachinko but I was like a voice in the wilderness. The admin's typical attitude toward any suggestion to expand pachinko was from nobody really cares about pachinko to I'll think about it but keep that $1.99 rolling in.

As soon I learned of the new board, I joined up within minutes of getting the word of it's existence. It was what a hobby forum should be about. Tulsa and David, the admins were eager to get things going and they did not bring a bias towards pachinko. I was in heaven!! The mods already on board were great and it was a red letter day in my life when I was invited to become a moderator in the area I love, PACHINKO!

Lots of hard work followed to get the forum to the point it is today. Without the drive and vision of Tulsa and David we might still be singing those $1.99 blues.

Cheers to all of our large and spirited family. Truly, my home is your home.

Long live pachitalk.com!!!!!
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Bilko44

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quickly approaching our birthday, lets not forget the moderators of this site. When David and I started it, we wanted, and needed more people involved in the daily operation and promotion. Enter the mods. These guys have busted it to help keep the conversations alive, the maintenance of the site and the special projects like the Museum.

Logicprobe
    Arbycoffee
    Lddrizzt
    Bilko44
    Davis
    Slotter
    Gwarzin (dearly departed)

Azlew, although not an actual mod he has acted as our off site promotions guru.

These guys were as much involved in the raising of this child as anyone and my gracious thanks and appreciation goes out to all of them.

13. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wasn't here for the birth of PachiTalk, and I never even heard of "the other place" until after I joined here. But what got me here was an eBay auction. I had looked at Pachislos on eBay for over a year, never working up enough courage to actually bid though.

The ad I saw was for a King Camel, offered by Pachinko_pallace. In that ad Eric quoted lddrizzt's excellent review of the machine, and said the review could be read at pachitalk.com.

Needless to say, once I saw PachiTalk, I joined, even before I bid (and won) that King Camel.

Before I joined, my number one site to visit was freerepublic.com, which I still visit once or twice daily. Since I joined here the largest part of my internet 'surfing' day is spent here. This is, without doubt, the friendliest, most enjoyable site I have ever seen or visited!

I have only met one person here, eye-ball to eye-ball, and that is Arby, and then just a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't trade that meeting for a thousand palots and a dozen Triple Diamond machines! But I would dearly love to meet, in person, every one here. It will never happen, but I can dream of great times spent cussin' and discussin' pachis!

Thank you Tulsa, thank you David, thank you Arbycoffee!

Thank you Azlew for getting me interested in doing videos!

And thank you all for just being yourselves and making this place a real family place. A place one is proud to call home!

I apologize if I left anyone out of my "thank yous!"
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

15. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Tony Junior

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes! I will second Tulsa's post about the moderators. They all do an excellent job and take a lot of there personal time as well to help make this a great board. Thank you to all moderators and Tulsa and David R!

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lazarus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And now we're talking about "Cow Farts" on the board...

What a long, strange trip it's been..

19. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think that's a sign of success!

When folks come to a pachinko/pachislo forum to share their cow fart jokes, it is a sign that they'd rather be here than anywhere else. That's got to make you feel good.

Granted, you'd feel better if they'd wanted to share something a little less flatulent, but it's still something.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Trey314159

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. "

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tulsa-
    This thread should be made a sticky or a link should be put on the home page. It was realy great to read how this wonderful forum started.
    Eric C.
    CRアクアパラダイスGP CRラッセンワールドMJ

25. The following user says "Thanks" to chmer01

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa View Post
    And now we're talking about "Cow Farts" on the board...

What a long, strange trip it's been..

I'm very grateful! Thanks for the fun and informative site....keep truckin.

Bill
    "trying Is the first step towards failure" Homer J. Simpson

27. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to bfree

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. "

Great Stuff there Sid!

(smells like sheep around here:lol8
    Last edited by azlew; 05-16-2007 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It sounds like an old Greek curse
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

30. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

actually its a quote from monty pythons holy grail.

when arthur is outside the french castle and he is telling them that we are on a quest for the holy grail and the french basically start saying we already got one and go away you english ki nig its... etc etc...

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

32. The following user says "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great movie.. First one I ever recorded when I purchased my first VCR is 1977.

34. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast