Thread: Pachislo Virgin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachislo Virgin

I just discovered this world...never even SEEN a pachislo except on the internet! I am chomping at the bits to "adopt" one, but want to make the right decision. I've gotten some good advice from a few so far regarding Outlaw vs. Azteca Legend Returns, I was turned on to Destroyer. If you were to have one pachislo (keeping in mind the lights, sound and fun factor--LCD seems an interest-holding plus, though I'm told they may get old), which one machine should I not do without...which one machine would make me an addict!

I look forward to the advice...and my pachislo purchase.
    Cheers!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachislo Virgin

My wife and I played about two dozen machines both with LCD and without, and chose the King Camel. It has an LED display beside the 3 big reels, and 3 small reels at the top of the machine. The nudge reel action is unique in that they can spin backwards, slow down, and speed up to keep you guessing. The price is also very reasonable compared to some of the other "premium machines," and it has appeared on the top 10 list of several Pachitalk members. Of course, this is my opinion only, and I am sure you will receive other recommendations.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello hubigpie. Welcome to the board! I to would consider a King Camel as a first machine. I know it can get hard picking that first machine out. It sometimes helps to keep in mind the theme of the machine and if it is something that will keep your attention. I will just throw this out even though you are only getting one machine. Gaku's three machine specials are great! For what each machine comes to with shipping you can't go wrong! It also eliminate doubts about if you picked that one specials machine. If you look at price, for what you may pay for one machine and then shipping on top of that then you are not paying out that much more. I wish Gaku was around when I was starting my collection! I payed way to much for some of my early machines.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Lazarus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't forget to link~!

Here's the place that Laz is referring to in his post; the owner, Gaku, is also a member here.

Welcome to the board!
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to rupan777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really want a Popeye or Tekken but I do love my Neo PlanetT

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Considering looks, the Outlaw does look good, but after awhile the play got very boring and predictable. That is my only complaint about LCD driven Pachislo's. The top machines seem to be those without LCD's as the main attraction (Spin Luck, Dragon Dice, etc.). But then there is the opposite extreme with the full screen LCD's such as Popeye that probably won't get boring so quickly.

With that being said I am kinda "old school" and like reel action versus LCD action. Giga Fever is a nice reel only machine. In fact it has a fourth button for it's 4th reel. Quite unique and the light show is excellent. Just having it on is cool. And you can pick them up pretty cheap ($150 or less).
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I play with alot of machines as I sell them from my home, and I loooove the Destroyer, it is a great machine! I also like the Giga Fever, Don Don King and King Camel. Dont for get about a Babel also, these are all great machien for a "virgin" of the pachi world! Another great machien, but getting harder to find is the Fever Queen!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks to everyone for all your help! Well...you may have predicted, but I got 3 pachis instead of one! I don't know where I'll put them, but I'm sure I'll find room! I ended up choosing King Camel, Destroyer and Azteca Legend Returns. I think I got the best of all worlds, AND I got a great deal with Gaku! I'll keep you posted when they arrive!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

GREAT choice to get three, hubigpie! You ain't gonna be a virgin for long once they arrive.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks rupan777. I forgot the link. Good choices there hubigpie! You will not be disappointed I hope I didn't influence you to much going with Gaku.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, look what you did, Laz. Send him $100 and I'll bet he'll call it even.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How about if Gaku sends me a a referral fee for sending him business Just kidding Gaku! Your one of the best! Keep up the good work!