Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bad News for Pachi Land

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Bad News for Pachi Land

Gary will be sadly missed, but fondly remembered.
    He touched my heart, mind, AND funny bone so many times.
    I never met him in person, and that is my loss.
    I am thankful to have had the chance to partake of his generously shared knowledge and wit here on the forum... and to have considered him a friend.

I recall when he built a custom, the Jerry Springer "special", which showed his mixture of a pursuit of perfection, artistic talent, and outstanding sense of humor. I learned much from watching his posts about that machine, and how he went about building it. He shared that knowledge and wit unselfishly, and we are forever grateful. His love of this hobby and absolutely beautiful gameroom continues to be an inspiration.

Rest in peace, Gary... my friend.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord... and let perpetual light shine upon him. Amen.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Re: Bad News for Pachi Land

I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said, it's just so sad and unexpected.

I do remember that he was one of the first people I noticed here on PachiTalk because he was also from Indianapolis, and when I checked his profile and saw his picture I was sure I had seen him before, I think he had been to my store, I always meant to ask him if he had.

I wish I would have gotten to meet him, with all the interests we seemed to share, audiophile stuff, magic and of course pachi stuff I'm sure we could have found something to talk about.

I also remember being so impressed when he told us about that CIA code breaking stuff, I even told my brother about it.

He seemed to be such a cool guy and after reading what people have said about him here and in the links above It looks like he was, and so much more.

R.I.P. Gwarzin

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A tragic loss. The heartfelt tributes to him are a testament to his life. It is obvious that he had a positive impact on many, many lives. That is something too few accomplish. Godspeed Gwarzin, and may his legacy provide peace and comfort to his family.
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I too am stunned to hear this sad news, I always enjoyed reading his posts here. My prayers go out to all his friends and family.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey folks,

As MrGneiss noted earlier, I, too, do not know what to say that has not already been mentioned. In spite of that, I, too, felt the need to add something that would express my feeling of loss when hearing of Gary's death. No matter how many other sharp folks there are here at Pachi Talk now, and no matter how many new bright folks will come to Pachi Talk in the future, Gary will be missed by all of us who have come to know him as we did here in the cyberspace of Pachi Talk. As much as I appreciate Pachi Talk, I feel some envy for those who have had the good fortune to know Gary in person as well as cyberspace.

Best wishes,
    Dave Wile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WOW...I just can't find the words. I am very sorry about Gary. I had my share of laughs at some of his posts,and I too wondered why he had not posted in a while. I had never met him or even traded an email,but I for one will miss him here. I wish his family the best and God Bless you Gary!
    Spin Luck * Super Black Jack * King Camel * Charlie's Angels * Gold X * Giga Fever * E.T.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm so sorry. I've not been on the site in quite awhile. Please accept my sincere condolences.
    **New Trad**Disco Queen**

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2