Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FedEx, UPS, DHL, or anything better??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: FedEx, UPS, DHL, or anything better??

The machines I have received from Gaku all came in good shape except the top gun and some miner work to fix a bent reel cage on the super black jack. The top gun was drooped hard on one corner making the square pachi into a diamond shape! Case and hinge all had to be rebuilt and straitened. I know enough on how to fix machines and wood working to fix it but a newbie would have had to send it back. Ups has had some damage to machines also. Gaku's packaging helps allot in getting the machines in good shape. Other than more packaging inside to help keep things from moving I don't thing it matters witch company you use. Gaku can't you use both and see how ups does with the packaged you send with them?

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Lazarus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi all

Some people gave me the same suggestion as Lazarus did -- why don't I use more than two carriers?

I wish I could... Why? because of their discount systems. The more you ship, the more discount rates you get, the cheaper the shipping costs. So, you better stay with one carrier, rather than split your shipment.

Uhmmm...
    Gaku

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, Gaku. Personally I hope you stick with FedEx, but that is only my opinion!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

FEDEX delivered my Neo Magic Pulsar just fine. However my Super Blackjack they dropped so hard the spin handle popped through foam, the inside box and the outside box. The plastic is smashed in such a way that there were sharp edges all over it. I had to grind them down.

(Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have received three of my machines through DHL and I feel that they were the best out of the three big names.The delivery man also offered to bring the machines in the house for me. On time shipping and boxes in great shape.I can't say the same for the other two.
    *Fever Wanted*Thunderzone*/ *Paijima*Oh Hanabi*Automatic*Nobunaga No Yobou(King of the battle world)*Hanabi Hyakkei*Speed Racer*Thunderbirds*Babel*Gold X*Beast Sapp*King Camel*Fire Drift*

Fever Hunter the-pachinko-master!'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I personally think FedEx is the way to go. Most ground shipments are there in three days. I have shipped about 15 pachinko machines through them and have been happy. UPS stinks,way to slow in the world of shipping. I have never used DHL.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I bought a new big screen TV in Florida and it was shipped DHL All I can say is they were fantastic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've used all of them in the past and used to think FedEx was the best but I've heard from other places (here as well) that their service has gone downhill, in general. DHL, however, has been making big moves in the shipping industy, especially overseas, from what I have read and researched.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would have to say that for larger packages such as a pachislo I prefer Fed Ex, and for smaller packages such as tokens, UPS. Whenever I have a small package shipped to me via Fed Ex it usually gets second-class treatment (they call it Fed Ex home delivery) and may or may not be delivered to me when it is supposed to. However for the larger packages that don't qualify for "home delivery" They go with the regular Fed Ex guys- the same ones that serve the businesses and the delivery guy who is assigned to my area has it at my door at 8:30 AM sharp without fail.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I do think it's a regional problem... UPS shines in some areas, and FedEx in others.
    I've had good luck AND bad luck with both.

My FedEx problems seem to be on the shipper's end. If I order something from east or west coast via FedEx, I have few problems. From the south it's a different story. They have damaged and misrouted lots of stuff coming from down there. Now I don't know if it's there, or a terminal along the way... but it's like a crap shoot with FedEx shipments from the south. But, on the other hand, the delivery guy for FedEx here is great.

UPS around here USED to suck for delivery. They reminded me of the Funny Farm movie... where the mailman just throws the mail out the window when he drives by Chevy Chase. But again, I think that's just a regional problem. And since my UPS driver retired (THANK GOD!!!), I've had much better luck. This guy is a young, courteous Incredible Hulk clone that will tote a pachi on his shoulder, and carry it right up the steps to me. He takes his time, and it shows. What usually arrived damaged at 2:45 now makes it here in good condition at 5:30. I can live with that. That tells me the damage I used to see was a local problem.

I've not had much experience with DHL, other than overnight documents.

I think the fact that the rep came to Gaku and showed good customer service from the start is good enough reason to at least try them out, IMHO. That probably reflects on the rest of their organization in that area. If FedEx doesn't even bother to send a live person... well...

Businesses thrive on their customer service... and as we all know here, that goes for pachis as well as shipping.
    Thanks for asking to hear our opinions.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

12. The following user says "Thanks" to logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would just like to change my recommendation from UPS. Their damage claim process is insane.

I have spent over a week and half just trying to get someone to come out to my house to look at this package. With FedEx, the vendor issued a call tag and the came and picked the package up the next day.
    Dalto
    -----

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In my area I like FEDEX, never a problem. UPS is always 2 days late.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, what's up with UPS. DHL and FEDEX both deliver days before UPS.
    Firewire

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's odd, all the pachis I got from Fed Ex came 1-2 days late. The ones I got from DHL & UPS came on time.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

17. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2