Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FedEx, UPS, DHL, or anything better??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default FedEx, UPS, DHL, or anything better??

Hi all

Among FedEx, UPS, DHL, and anything else, which one do you think is better than others? Seeing a big time coming around the corner, I'm considering switching FedEx to something else -- maybe this would be a bad idea, though...

I have been using FedEx since I started this business last March. Now I'm sick and tired of dealing with them not only because of the way they handle packages, but also because of tardiness of their customer service. I think I should change the carrier, but have a bit of problem -- I have no experience of doing business with other carriers and simply cannot compare FedEx to others.

The other day, I called UPS. Their sales rep came to my office a week later with detailed rate charts generated specifically for my business operation. She said she could be pretty competitive against FedEx in pricing. I liked the fact the UPS rep came to my office to talk to me in person because FedEx reps have never paid me a visit -- they are in Phoenix, AZ and doing telephone/e-mail correspondence.

I will very much appreciate your thoughts and opinions on this matter.

Gaku -- one of Santa's little henchmen

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: FedEx, UPS, DHL, or anything better??

Well UPS is decent IMO, but I really like DHL very fast and i have never received a package late or damaged from them. Then again i dont have any of my pachislots shipped so i cant say how they are shipping them but all of my other stuff shipped thru them has always arrived on time or early and it excellent condition. i also think DHL is cheaper than UPS

3. The following user says "Thanks" to RKnarr01

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got a large package through Spee Dee delivery once. They were phenomenal. Some people have said they're only a midwest carrier, though, so I'm not sure if it's a help.

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to cmk8895

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They must be, I've never heard of them on the East Coast

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm afraid there's no real good answer to this riddle. You're going to have issues with any shipper. FedEx has some issues in some parts of the country as we've all read the accounts of. Here they are great. UPS here sucks holes in the floor when it comes to home deliveries. They seem to do fine for their commercial customers but those home delivery gorillas seem to care less.

DHL is the unknown really as I don't think that many have tried them. My suggestion would be to send a shipping rate card with your machines to your customers and let them respond to you, or a simple email and track the responses. It's your customers that are going to give you the best feedback.

Of course our little community is also your customer base and many will have something to share about how they're packages were treated. So everyone that has purchased from Gaku, give up the feedback here about how the package arrived, condition, promptness and did they meet your expectations? Good and bad so we can really evaluate this question.

Also let us know about the packaging itself, was it sturdy enough for the voyage? Was there enough packing material? Did it protect your investment?

So everyone who's purchased from Gaku, chime in.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tulsa is right. Where I live in rural Iowa, everything comes in fine. UPS, FedEx and DHL. Have never had an issue with any of them.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

small town in Northern Ontario called ESPANOLA
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi there as Gaku knows I have a package being sent to me as we speak and I am sure he wants to know the condition it was in when I receive it and he will get the truth.On the other hand before I ever heard of Gaku I ordered a machine from Pachinko Palace and it is only in the state of New York but it arrived in 5 days and in excellent condition.hope this helps.SOKO
    Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    Tulsa is right. Where I live in rural Iowa, everything comes in fine. UPS, FedEx and DHL. Have never had an issue with any of them.
    FLASHING LIGHT,S FREAK

small town in Northern Ontario called ESPANOLA
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

[forgot to mention the machine from pachinko pallace came through UPSquote=sokoloto]Hi there as Gaku knows I have a package being sent to me as we speak and I am sure he wants to know the condition it was in when I receive it and he will get the truth.On the other hand before I ever heard of Gaku I ordered a machine from Pachinko Palace and it is only in the state of New York but it arrived in 5 days and in excellent condition.hope this helps.SOKO[/quote]
    FLASHING LIGHT,S FREAK

13. The following user says "Thanks" to sokoloto

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I should probably stay out of this; I fly "Brown's" airplanes. I'm a bit biased
    I promise: If I see any Pachi's loaded on my jet, I'll fly REALLY SMOOOOOTH.
    Ken

15. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to ken524

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I doubt if it is Ken's flying which is damaging the Brown shipments. haha!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Let me say this, Gaku. I have recieved 4 machines from you, all shipped FedEx. Every one of them arrived on time with NO outside damage to the boxes!

The same for other sellers that use FedEx. At least in my area I'm very satisified with their sservice.

I cannot say that about UPS though.

But perhaps you could give your buyers their choice? I would choose FedEx every time!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Tony Junior

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've had a total of 3 machines shipped. The first was from Valley Gaming (don't start! it was cheap and actually a good experience.). It came UPS. Single box with cut foam strips for packaging. Box was not crushed at all, just scuffed. Token bag had busted open, but that's because they just threw it in the box. Since the bag broke I can only assume there was some rough handling along the way, but the machine was perfect.

Two other machines came from Gaku via FedEx. One was perfect, no scratches or scuffs. The other had a dent on one corner edge of the box. However, the double boxing protected the inner box and the machine quite nicely.

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to cmk8895

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Received 3 machines from Gaku via Fed Ex. No problems. Boxes looked okay and the machines were fine. Also received 1 from Syscom also Fed Ex, no problem.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to wayne

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would have to agree with Tulsa; it depends on where you live. I am in southwestern Ohio, and my FedEx packages usually arrive looking like someone sat or ran over them, whereas my UPS packages have always arrived in perfect condition. I picked up our pachislo in person, but I have had several expensive guitars shipped via UPS, and would have no qualms about using them again.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to steam furnace

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I received 3 machines from Gaku ( to Maine) with no problems. But I credit the packaging as much as the handling. I think if the packaging is sound and the carrier stands behind their insurance, either of the major carriers should be acceptable.
    Never met a Pachi I didn't like!

26. The following user says "Thanks" to fhagar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Fedex and ups are about equal here.

On any machine deliveries I usually go out to the curb and either watch or help them unload.

But, some have been damaged on the way here.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

28. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have had 3 machines shipped to me here in Hawaii...2 through UPS (DGI) and 1 through Fed-Ex (Gaku). All 3 of them arrived in good condition machine wise. The UPS boxes would always have the handle part torn...but its still all good. I also had another shipping company deliver 2 machines to me called Stephan's Air Travel but i believe thats only on Westcoast but their boxes came all good too.

30. The following user says "Thanks" to weirdo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

of the 3 that came UPS all looked fine on the outside . 1 was ok out of the box , 1 had a board unpugged( took about an hour to find), and the last 1 had the reals knocked loose, so that they rubbed the glass.( pushed them back and snapped the keepers in), an easy fix for me ,but someone with no background would have sent them back as DOA.
    like i said. the boxes looked fine . this would leed me to think that they were dropped or thrown face down. this makes the seller look like the BAD GUY!
    i work in a auto parts DC . we have to go and put the legs back under the conveyors ,where these guys throw the boxes on.
    but the parts look OK!
    larry griffith

32. The following user says "Thanks" to larryn2o

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Defently no Fedex!
    My best sendings are with UPS and DHL!

Ps: Ken when you flight to Austria tell me you can load some extra Pachis for me"g"

34. The following user says "Thanks" to barny1100

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For ground shipping I would recommend UPS. Both will bang your packages up but UPS will do so in a timely manner. They also won't spread your multi-package shipment in nine directions.

36. The following user says "Thanks" to dalto

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast