Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How would i go about returning my popeye to non cyclic?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How would i go about returning my popeye to non cyclic?

I was sorry we couldn't chat longer, the pinball world really like the look of pachinko. I was worried they would think it was a poor relation. Quite the reverse the 'big boys' were very taken with our toys and as you saw several sales went through.
    Cyclic or non is the eternal question, once I have invented the perfect ball lifter which is silent and never jams then life will be perfect! (Still dreaming)
    but working on it.

It was great to see you again and I'll try and find my way back over to your area soon.

Offer still stands if you want to have a 'pachinko party' let me know. If tupperware can do it so can I.

Nik
    Just Pachinkos
    www.pachinkos.co.uk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nik, I was one of the guys at the UKPinball show that was 'very taken' with your toys, and ended up as one of the sales (Janken Battle Fever).

It was inevitable really, I went to the show just to bring my pinball machines and not intending to spend any money, but my games were set up in the row directly opposite Niks stand, and I kept finding myself drifting towards the pachinkos. I think I ended up spending more time playing pachinko at the show than pinball, so figured that I'd have to buy one ;-)

Still working out how to play the machine, I've noticed the little red button that lights up, but not worked out exactly what it's supposed to do when you press it (apart from character popping up at the bottom of the screen and saying something in Japanese).

I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later though. I'm going to have one of the Japanese guys at work take a look at some of the web pages I've found and hopefully give me a better translation than google manages !

Going to have to work out some kind of ball management sooner or later, so if you manage to create that perfect ball lifter, then let me know.

Cheers,
    Dave.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dave,
    I am in the stage of having too many toys to have fine detail on all of them, as you will find, it is by communicating on this site and playing you will learn the most. I am sure you will keep spotting things you've not noticed before, it is the odd thing with pachinko.
    There is a US ebay seller who I have posted a link to on my site, I am so impressed by their listing that I can only dream of having such a good web page.
    They say that the button is to sellect the rock paper scissors when you get into competition mode. I sort of understood that once I played it through. If you need any help on it I will be pleased to spend some time on it as well.
    If you learn through your friends at work, any thing please do post it here so everyboy learns.

I have a contact or two working on ball management, a perfect lifter is the holy grail of pachinko but always worth trying to sort out once and for all.

I was honestly worried I would be laughed out of the show but fair play to everybody they were a great group and I really enjoyed the weekend.
    I did arrive home somewhat deaf though.

Thanks

Nik

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2