Thread: Working on a new cabinet design

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Working on a new cabinet design

Actually, it's mostly done, but I'm going to redesign the drawer for the other nearly-built cabinet - square isn't the best for picking up a handfull of balls, they keep escaping to the corners.

you can find my original cabinets here: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4790

I've been thinking about this for a while after I built my first three cabinets with that strange glass bottom storage area with the slot for releasing balls, and I pretty much came to agree completely with Tulsa - it'd be better if the whole bottom area was about being able to reach in with your left hand while your right was on the handle. So, a couple of odd ramps and improvised, stuck-on drawers later, we have this:

I've changed the top as well, there's just no need for a four thousand ball capacity above the machine, and anything over a thousand starts to bow out the acrylic a bit. So this one just has that little "V" design at top, and when I manage to get out to home depot again and get another sheet of Lexan I'll pop up a picture of how it looks full of balls. There's a short length of PVC pipe running through a hole in the top shelf there and it stops just short of the pachinko reward hopper. I didn't intend for this to be a freestanding case, it's got the sharp edge in the back for french cleats on the wall, but it works just fine on a box or whatever.

Here's a movie of the cabinet in action - http://www.cityofsand.com/pachinko/newcabinet.mov - it's 29 meg, but godaddy.com just this month upped my bandwidth limit to 250 gigabytes of transfer. There's no way I'll ever touch that, so snag away.
    I'll try and put up some pics of the inside ramps and such later this week.
    Last edited by arbycoffee; 11-10-2005 at 02:00 PM.

Hanabi Hyakkei - Monkey Magic - Fire Express - Neo Magic Pulsar - Golden Secret Treasure or whatever
    Twin Tales - Lockin' Sevens - Milky Bar - Robocop

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to syph