Hi all at Pachitalk, I've only just registered, and this is my first post, so please be gentle!
I have just received my first 2 pachislo's, a Sammy Aladdin, and a Eleco Babel, which will soon have pride of place in my very space limited game area with a Penny Falls & Vid cabinet.First impressions of the machines are excellant, all working well, and I've managed to locate the volume controls, but even on the lowest settings, they are both way to loud.
Looking around these forums, this seems to be a common problem (I guess the Japanese must have hearing problems!), and I've noticed that some have used inline resistors, others potentiometers, including those at Syscom.What I'd really like to know is what would be compatiable with these 2 machines, if I use resistors, what value should I use? (Sorry know computers, but not electronics).Or if I were to use the adjustable variety, what value would they need to be, and could I use the very small type at syscom sold in packs of 5.
Basically I need them to both be fairly quiet, as it's in a conservatory, so any help will be greatly appreciated.In the meantime, I've disconnected the main speaker at the bottom, made a lot of difference to the Aladdin, but hardly at all on Babel.Also I noticed the Aladdin makes a sort of static noise, and I've noticed people mentioning about Sammy models making a noise, so any idea's for fixing that? I did see a post about using a capacitor, does it work?

Sorry, for the amount of questions, but I'm sure someone out there must also have these machines, and have found a cure.

Thanks, great site BTW!