Thread: New Owner Needs Help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Owner Needs Help

Hello All. This is my first post here. I have been reading these pages since I bought my first machine about 3 weeks ago. I bought the machine from an individual and had an opportunity to try it before buying. The machine is titled "Pokorin" and I can't find any manufacturer info. I brought it home and it played perfectly until the third day when I got a trouble light on the front of the machine and a siren sound. It started shooting tokens out at the same time (always 49-52 tokens). I would turn it off and back on and it would shoot the tokens. I would push the red reset button and it would shoot tokens. I started searching and reading and learned how to do a key reset and cleared the problem. However, now when I insert tokens and start the reels spinning the stop lights come on but the buttons won't stop the reels. The reels eventually stop, but not with the buttons. I have checked all the connections that I can find with no results. I cleaned the buttons in case one was sticking, but that didn't help either. I have searched again, but haven't been able to find anything on this problem. I would appreciate some help if anyone has any ideas. I really like the machine and will definately get a couple more when I am able. Thanks...

Bob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Owner Needs Help

There wasn't a thunderstorm in your area on the third day was there? If the reset fixed the token shooting problem but now the stop buttons don't work, it sounds like it might have taken a voltage surge and scrambled something in the processor. Just speculating here.

Can you take a few pictures of the machine, outside, and inside showing the button connections and the board their wires lead to?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll try on the pics. I don't have a cam right now. No thunderstorms, and I unplug the machine when I'm not playing. Since the original post I have discovered that the token shooting thing comes back anytime the hopper is activated. As long as it stays below 50 credits it plays ok (except for the reel stop buttons not working), but if it dispenses any tokens at all I get the trouble light, the siren, and the c3 in the display. I would have thought I just got a bum machine if it hadn't worked for the first three days. Thanks for the reply and any help will be appreciated.

Bob

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: New Owner Needs Help

I can't help you with your problem but here is some info on your machine.

Pokorin ポコリン made by Okazaki industry in '96 or '97.

Okazaki web site.

http://www.okazakisangyo.com/

http://www.okazakisangyo.com/4-2.htm

P-World

http://www.p-world.co.jp/_machine/ki...u=p0855&type=1

http://translate.google.com/translat...3Doff%26sa%3DG

I hope this is of some use.
    And I hope you get your pachi fixed.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a similar coin shooting problem with the old PlanetT that I restored some time back. A complete disassembly of the hopper, extreme cleaning, and reassbly fixed the problem. I believe that one of the sensors that said 'hey, a coin just shot out' was dirty. Therefore, even though coins were popping out the machine didn't know it because that sensor was dirty.

Anyway, my vote is for a hopper cleaning.

Also, where do you live? To steal a phrase from another group of people, "we're everywhere." Maybe one of us on the board is close by and could take a look.

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You may have a bad connection somewhere, try unplugging and replugging all your connections.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it sounds to me like a hopper issue , and cleaning the hopper isnt all that hard at all.....as for the reel stop , usually if a buttons stuck your lights wont come on on the buttons ......you might have blown the fuse on the relay board which controls the stop buttons .... good luck
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I am in Huntington, WV. I will start with a detailed cleaning of the hopper and see if that helps. Maybe if I can eliminate one problem I can then find the other. Thanks again.

Bob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You never know what might happen Bob. When I cleaned up that old hopper all of my other problems with the machine disappeared. I don't know if I just reseated enough stuff or what, but it all worked in the end.

When it comes down to it these things are pretty hard to break without actually doing something intentional or obviously abusive.

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.