Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Big Bear: Announcement

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Big Bear: Announcement

I have satellite and it beats the heck out of dial-up. It is expensive, though, and there are other issues. Any other broadband is better than satellite.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Many of the rural areas around here that can't get Cable or DSL CAN get wireless broadband. It usually involves an outdoor antenna aimed directly at a receiving antenna on a tower or hillside. Just a thought.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my sister had to pay 500.00 for a dish hookup for high speed access.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cwstnsko
    Many of the rural areas around here that can't get Cable or DSL CAN get wireless broadband. It usually involves an outdoor antenna aimed directly at a receiving antenna on a tower or hillside. Just a thought.
    We are living (temporarly (sp) thank god) in the town where I was born and raised. A company by the name of skynet has been telling people here that they are going to serve us with wirless broadband but they have to do paperwork with the cellphone carriers and fcc. they have been feeding us this line of sh*t for the last 6 1/2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This info might be outdated but I know the schools,library,community learning center all have this T2??? thing but several years ago the company that was doing it said it was for bussiness and schools and they weren't doing personal homes.

We have charter cable here and they will provide the service but about 15years ago we got cable tv to our area and the town politicians decided "hey this is a great way to make more money!!! we supply the manpower to run the lines all over the town and pay for the lines. Charter provides us the service for the next 20 years and we get to charge how ever much we want." The lines are so outdated that you can't push internet through them. on most cable you can have over 50 channels. here due to the lines being so old and outdated you can only get around 35. Some organization did a study and out of 1000?1500? homes that have acess to "the city's cable system" 84% of them have satelite dishes. Why you ask? for the basic service package that has14 channels (5 of which are so called "local" channels) They want 37.95/month. I on the other hand have dishnetwork, two recievers 60 or 70 channels with local channels for 34.95 *Heavy sigh* thats good ol Loogootee, Indiana for ya.

Gaku: Sorry for straying away from your announcement thread.....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pep's w/ no hispeed access might want to look into this
    http://www.wi-fitechnology.com/displayarticle2246.html

have a friend who has it, its a little price at about 60.00 per month
    but it supposed to be faster then DSL

, dont want to stop on your sorry GAKU, dont want to step on
    your thread, 'specially when we want you to come more eastward
    on your next trek.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_doo_m2002
    We are living (temporarly (sp) thank god) in the town where I was born and raised. A company by the name of skynet has been telling people here that they are going to serve us with wirless broadband but they have to do paperwork with the cellphone carriers and fcc. they have been feeding us this line of sh*t for the last 6 1/2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This info might be outdated but I know the schools,library,community learning center all have this T2??? thing but several years ago the company that was doing it said it was for bussiness and schools and they weren't doing personal homes.

We have charter cable here and they will provide the service but about 15years ago we got cable tv to our area and the town politicians decided "hey this is a great way to make more money!!! we supply the manpower to run the lines all over the town and pay for the lines. Charter provides us the service for the next 20 years and we get to charge how ever much we want." The lines are so outdated that you can't push internet through them. on most cable you can have over 50 channels. here due to the lines being so old and outdated you can only get around 35. Some organization did a study and out of 1000?1500? homes that have acess to "the city's cable system" 84% of them have satelite dishes. Why you ask? for the basic service package that has14 channels (5 of which are so called "local" channels) They want 37.95/month. I on the other hand have dishnetwork, two recievers 60 or 70 channels with local channels for 34.95 *Heavy sigh* thats good ol Loogootee, Indiana for ya.

Gaku: Sorry for straying away from your announcement thread.....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6