Thread: Credit Add Only Revisited....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Credit Add Only Revisited....

Thanks to AutoSlot I received a nice box of presents yesterday in the mail; 5 credit add only mods for my machines.

First off, let me thank AutoSlot for the chance to play with these. It provided some interesting challenges and a load of enjoyment already.

For the majority of the machines out there (and 3 of mine) the regular DIY-CA kit is all you'll need. I mounted the chip socket into a little board to make all the soldering easier. Finding and soldering the three points on the stop board is dirt simple if you've ever handled a soldering iron. Then you snake the two wires around the machine over to the coin sensor in the door. Pay close attention to what the website says: Pin 3 is CS-1 and Pin 2 is CS-2. That's backwards from what I expected and caused me all sorts of trouble on the first machine I did. Also be careful with those little T-tap deals. They are made for much larger wires than are in any of my machines. This was my only other difficulty; good connections on the T-taps.

All in all, an easy job on those three machines. Now on to the two 'special' ones.

On the Sammy (King Camel) AutoSlot provided a special unit to deal with the higher voltage. Soldering the board to the stop board was exactly the same as all the other machines. It's just a little circuit board as opposed to just the chip socket. Coin sensor wires run around the inside to the coin sensor wires and hook up exactly the same. Very simple.

Finally, the 'test' machine. AutoSlot provided a board for me to test on the Luster Kiwame since people have stated that it's nearly impossible to get Credit Add to work on that machine. This one was a pain in the a**, but not because of the AutoSlot unit. I had to cut the stop board out of this thing. They seem to have used substandard screws to mount the stop board and they were in there TIGHT. Unfortunately the crappy metal just crumpled under the screwdriver so the Dremel it was. After the board was out, soldering went the same as all other machines.

For this one the coin sensor hookup was very different. This time there were two wires for each sensor for a total of four. Two T-taps on each wire then cut between them. Pay very close attention to which ones go where. Really strange things can happen if you get it hooked up wrong.

Finally, remember one other thing. If there is a bad connection anywhere along the way you'll throw a coin sensor error. You MUST reset the machine. I forgot this and could not for the live of me figure out why I couldn't get it to work. But after a reset everything worked great.

So, to summarize, the DIY-CA, CA-03-NO, and CA-03-NC all work amazingly well if you are careful about the installation. Watch to make sure the T-taps connect to the coin sensor wires well; and if you get a coin error be sure to reset the machine before assuming something is wrong.

Thanks to AutoSlot for providing such a wonderful product. I can highly recommend that anyone interested in a credit add feature get these units. If you have any further questions regarding them feel free to contact me, and of course I'm sure AutoSlot will be more than happy to answer any questions.

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Credit Add Only Revisited....

Thanks CMK for the nice write-up. Glad to hear it works fine with the Luster machine.

"... be careful with those little T-tap deals. They are made for much larger wires than are in any of my machines."
    Yes some machines use awfully small wires. I have not been able to find T-Taps to handle smaller wires, yet I like the t-Taps vs. soldering for their ability to unplug the wires.

Members, don't forget I'm offering a free DIY-CA unit to anyone who provides updates to my credit table for models not listed. www.autoslot.info/credit Specifically, I need to know the number of coin sensors, the voltage on the coin sensor wires, whether these are high or low with no coin present, the color and position of the wire on the connector and a picture of the coin mechanism.

(Follow this link if you need help on how to determine this information: www.autoslot.info/unlisted.htm)

Vince
    autoslot