Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tokyo Game Show '05

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Tokyo Game Show '05

Quote Originally Posted by Davis
    ....The game folk on g4 and around the country think they know everything, but indeed they know a whole lot of nothing....
    Interesting statement.

Anyway I intend to have both new systems (Xplay and PS3) so it makes no difference to me either.

As far as not watching G4 : well that was what I was thinking until I checked out some of the other shows they have on there and now they are putting Call For Help with Leo Laporte back on altho it is taped. I subscribe to the Call For Help newsletters and also get Leo's podcasts = great stuff.

But the real reason to watch G4 (for us old guys anyway) is Morgan Webb and now the original episodes of The Man Show are being shown every night

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I used to watch it alot about a year ago, but really the people on there just annoy me. I like a few of their shows, but wehn they become sooo biased its just silly they are even allowed to get away with it.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I used to watch the show when it was primarily computers (techtv). Got Leo's sig on an old laptop of mine when they came to a compusa near us. Not a big gamer (3gens of nintendo collecting dust-big Zela fan!) altho it is interesting to see whats going on now and then. Used to have the Pong game - makes me feel old, we used to think it was soooo neat!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I used to watch ZD TV's "Call for Help" before Leo turned it over to that GOOFY daing DORK who basically turned it into a kids show.
    You know who Im talkin' 'bout! Freaky, little dark haired doof with glasses! Man, what a dweeb! I just couldnt watch it anymore.
    But then, Id also been watching the show with Leo for a long while & where I always learned new stuff, I was becoming more knowledgable & confident, so that by the time the DWEEB took over it was all kinda basic to me.
    I think some of the shows are cool but they try to be so "with it" that they are embarrassing to watch.
    ********************http://RRob1.photosite.com/ ********************

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Had a little sometimers and couldn't remember what it was before Techtv. I watched it back when Ziff Davis was into it.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What upsets me is they have pushed the taped reruns of Call For Help back to my time here of 6am so I am forced to DVR an old taped episode. As far as I can tell the episodes of Call For Help with Leo are running a couple of weeks behind or more. Too bad it isn't live in the US as this version of call for help(Leo and his two helpers) is better than what they had back in the old days when I watched ZD TV and techtv. You MAC people will like it better also as they are covering more on the MAC every episode.

I agree with Davis that the people on the other shows can be really annoying but let's face it : G4 is doing just like the Movie producers etc are doing : they are trying to appeal to the kids out there up to maybe 22 1/2 yrs old. Everyone else sees that and it is even to this old guy(me) annoying at times.

I was wondering is there another cable network out there that covers all the new stuff coming out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2