Thread: shipping prices...bad news/good news

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default shipping prices...bad news/good news

I hate to do this, but it looks like my shipping companies are really jumping up the fuel prices....so..the bad news, in some of my auctions I've already raised shipping prices $10. I will be slowly raising the prices on the other auctions and finally the website. The good news, I will still offer the 3 machines to the same address on the same day shipping deal of $49.95 per machine. Also, I will hold the Pachitalk discounted shipping on auctions at $54.95 per machine. Just indicate that you are a Pachitalk member when paying for the product and you will receive the discounted shipping. Sorry! Milt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: shipping prices...bad news/good news

Gotta do what ya gotta do. I raised the prices in my party rental business due to increased cost in gas. Its the trickle down effect. I'm sure everyone understands.
    "OUTLAW" "MEPHISTO" "DEAD AZTECA RETURNS"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the heads up Milt.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for letting us know, Milt. Let's all hope and pray those fuel prices come DOWN in the very near future!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by AkaReaper
    Gotta do what ya gotta do. I raised the prices in my party rental business due to increased cost in gas. Its the trickle down effect. I'm sure everyone understands.
    gee
    and i thought i was the only 1 doing party rentals!
    larry
    larry griffith

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the fuel cost may go down but dont count on anyone lowering their prices afterward once they jack the price up they leave it there. more profit for them in the end. all this is going to do is put a halt on consumer spending because the only thing you will be able to afford is food and utillities. if this country keeps going in the path it is we will be the next 3rd world country.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hopefully, they will go down and I'll go back to lower the shipping prices. I think this stinks, but what are you going to do? I'm keeping the discounts on for people on this site and on our 3 or more specials...At $49.95 per machine, that's not tooooo bad....

Sorry All!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I dont think $10 is too bad of a raise for shipping compared to slotusa charging $99. But then again im happy i pick my machines up

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Junior
    Thanks for letting us know, Milt. Let's all hope and pray those fuel prices come DOWN in the very near future!
    i hope and pray too!!! and ill mark your word milt, you'll lower the shipping price once the gas become cheap. heeheheh
    Club Rodeo, Hanabi Hyakkei, Super Black Jack, Bulldog, Beast Sapp, Bang Bang Dash, Gamera Hi-grade Vision, Metal Slug, Fire Express

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When the shippers stop adding on 20 to 30 percent and go back to the more reasonable 10 to 15 percent, I will too. (All relative I guess)... I don't think it is good for business and don't want to be known as the "High priced shipper"!!! I'm really hoping that this is only a month or so and then we settle on $2.75 - $2.95 a gallon...(go figure...that's reasonable???)...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't worry about a black-eye on this issue. It's not like the entire population can't see the suddenly drastic rise in gas costs and while no one wants to pay more for anything, it is reasonable that this cost is going to have to be passed on to the consumer as it's passed on to shippers.

We hope it goes away as prices begin to settle and the people who are going to get the black-eye are the people that don't readjust their prices back down when/if this does happen.

I don't think anyone will ever accuse Stealth Home Amusement of gouging people on shipping charges.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Reply from a Shipper

Well, actually a driver. Right now, the national average for diesel is (on 9/5) 2.898. Our surcharge is adjusted monthly, at this point it's 18% of the linehaul (calculated on a miles x weight basis for us). Not sure about Fed Ex or UPS, but the trucking business is fierce. If prices drop and one company lowers their surcharge they get the work. Generally, the cost of goods doesn't increase immediately because there are so many trucking companies that whoever will do it cheapest gets the work. You either absorb the extra cost to keep your rate low or someone else gets the work.

I average a dollar a mile (loaded and empty). My truck (with a tail wind) gets 6 mile per gallon. Say the price of fuel is 3.00 a gal. At 60mph I make $30 an hour. Sounds like a lot but I pay over 1,000 a month in insurances (not a bad driver, just expensive to do business) and there isn't anything on these trucks thats not expensive - my steer tires are 400+ each. So say the price of fuel goes to 3.149 (Kingman, Az), now I make 28.6 an hour. How many people would want to keep doing this job if every day you made less and less? Every business does their best to absorb some costs but eventually you have to rise your price to compensate.

I understand that for shipping these machines a company's only source is FedEx/UPS/DHL. But believe me, when fuel prices drop (breath held, turning blue.....) one of these companies will drop prices and then they all will to keep up.
    Last edited by compirate; 09-09-2005 at 08:58 AM.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

13. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate