Thread: First Time Pachislo Owner Needs Help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default First Time Pachislo Owner Needs Help

Hello to everyone and many thanks for your informative posts. After reading the posts for a few weeks, I decided to supplement our pinball machine collection with a few (who could stop with just one?) pachislo machines. I purchased a Hot Rod Queen and a Sinbad Adventure. Hot Rod Queen because I think the machine has knockout looks and I already owned a non-working (never did work, insides were trashed during shipping) HRQ that I purchased several years ago, Sinbad Adventure because of the posts I read here and the video I saw of the game in operation.

The Hot Rod Queen was delivered yesterday. It was in great shape and seems to function well, with the exception of the lights in the top half of the machine. The lights (there are five of them) are in a light board above the reels, behind the illustrations of the various jackpot combinations. My wife, turns out she loves the machine (fortunately) played the machine for several hours and played through what I believe is a bonus round. None of the five lights ever came on during gameplay. The large numerical LED and the tiny LEDs on the board work. I removed the lights and placed them in another area of the game where lights were working. The lights from the board worked fine in those areas. So the bulbs are OK. I replaced the light board and its connecting cable with the ones from my older Hot Rod Queen and the lights still didn't work. Is there anyone familiar with this game? When are these lights supposed to come on? If they should have been lit when a jackpot/payout was encountered, what should I check next?

We're looking forward to the arrival of Sinbad Adventure in a few days and also to becoming active members of this forum. While I am unable to contribute any helpful tips regarding Pachislo machines at this time, I can offer my knowledge of pinball machines to anyone in need of help. Just contact me via email.

Thanks again, TTYL.

Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First Time Pachislo Owner Needs Help

Check for connectors to be unconnected this is probably it, i would guess, they should definately come on during a bonus round.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I had reseated all the connectors that have ribbon cable. I also checked the other connections too. Didn't see any loose ones.

Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunately, in all my years of selling that model, they have never turned on. All the electronics are there and the bulbs are too, but they don't light. There is nothing wrong with your machine....Milt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, Milt. I guess those lights are like the game count on the King Camel. There but useless.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First Time Pachislo Owner Needs Help - Hot Rod Queen

Thanks, Milt. We'll stop waiting for those lights to come on. I guess we can use the board as an extra bulb holder.

I'm determined to figure a way to get some light to that area. The Hot Rod Queen is hidden behind that white cloud of exhaust and is just waiting for some light to be turned on to display her attributes.

We're looking forward to the arrival next Tuesday of our Sinbad Adventure!

Now if I can only find an Arnold version of Terminator to place next to our Terminator 2 pinball machine...........

Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First Time Pachislo Owner Needs Help - Hot Rod Queen

Quote Originally Posted by sacpinplayer
    Now if I can only find an Arnold version of Terminator to place next to our Terminator 2 pinball machine...........

Mike
    Those are around, you might post a WTB in the Trading Post section.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Call me....I MAY be able to help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, Milt! I will call you tomorrow, Tuesday. Thanks for giving some thought to this little problem.

Mike
    Mike
    Arnold The Terminator Sheep, the baaaddest sheep in the whole damn town, plays only Star Wars, ROBOCOP, and Sakura Pachinkos in CA.