Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Katrina

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hurricane Katrina

On either CNN or FoxNews they were talking to a black civil rights leader. The newsperson asked the civil rights person if the police found in a black persons home three stolen bigscreen TVs, would he consider the person that stole them a looter... The civil rights leader said it would depend on why he stole them......

GIVE ME A BREAK.....
    ****Fever Queen**LasVegas **BeastSapp**Azteca Legend**Sublime**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Hurricane Katrina

Quote Originally Posted by dattia
    I guess this is what happens when the criminal element is released back into society in the wake of a disaster.
    But its not just the people who were released into the public. This is being perpetrated by the public! Not all the people. Not even most of the people. But there are ALOT of people that are acting like animals.
    There have been 7 murders in the Superdome. There have been countless rapes of women AND children, not just in the city but ALSO in the Superdome.
    I was sent a PM & told I was censored because I have spoken out against the murderers, rapist & thieves. Because my words are inflammatory & condemning everyone. Well yes! I condemn every single murderer & rapist not only in Nawlins but all across the planet.
    I was accused of being a racist because I said these people are an embarrasment & if it werent for the refineries I say to hell with them. These murderes & rapist ARE an embarrassment! "To hell with them" is one of those extreme comments brought on by emotion & I agree unhelpful, but I dont find it anymore racist than Tulsa suggesting we go in & shoot them. I see Tulsa's comment wasnt censored & Ill bet he didnt receive an insulting PM from one of (key word) 'his' moderators.
    I said this is an embarrassment like the L.A. riots. Again, Im accused of racism when I only mentioned an embarrassing moment in history. Is there anyone who dosent think this wasnt an embarrassment to the USA?
    And finally & I think this is what done it, I wrote this:
    "But don't get me started, ok!? As an evil neocon I could just go off on ya!"
    I forgot to add this to the end of this statement. ( )
    My lack of smiley & my claim of being an evil neocon seems to have frightened someone into thinking Im a: RightWingRepublicanHaterOfMinorities&KittensChristianExtremi st!
    who was gonna get all my racist beer drinkin' Nascar watchin' little ol' ( black ) lady kickin buddies together & hunt you down for a heart to heart.
    Well Im not!!! And I stand by my statements now & before.
    I also think for the most part that anything short of cursing, sexually suggestive comments or calling me fat should be considered free speech & treated as such. And if youre politics are offended & you have the power to censor, then please be consistant & censor ALL offenses.
    ********************http://RRob1.photosite.com/ ********************

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now thats what I call free speech!!!!!!! You have a right to an opinion, whether are not other people agree with you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by doodude
    thinking Im a: RightWingRepublicanHaterOfMinorities&KittensChristianExtremi st!
    who was gonna get all my racist beer drinkin' Nascar watchin' little ol' ( black ) lady kickin buddies together & hunt you down for a heart to heart.
    Well Im not!!!
    Thats all fine but lets leave out the Kittens part. We cant be pickin on poor little Kittens...
    ****Fever Queen**LasVegas **BeastSapp**Azteca Legend**Sublime**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Feel better now, Doo?
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by logicprobe
    Feel better now, Doo?
    Actually, Logic I do.
    Not in a pious, "so there" kinda way but more in the sense that Ive gotten it off my chest now & am ready to get down to bidnez & go kick some puppies kinda way. Black Puppies! :lmao:
    You know what I mean?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hi
    i'm new so i don't try to butt in .i'm in SW Mississippi so we were missed by most of the bad winds. i would like to say that each day things here are getting a bit better. power is still out & there are lines at the gas pumps . every day it gets a little better . WE have genarators from the last time a storm or cold snap came through.
    monday the power went out long before the storm got here. so i left work and filled the truck with gas ,a tow chain,& power saw. then rode up and down the roads cutting trees that had fell. at the worst point i had about 15 cars behind me . by 9PM i was out of gas & went home most back roads were passable the next day . i was back at work at 6 AM the next day .
    if i don't find gas before Monday then i can't get to work. guess that will give me a chance to cut up the trees on top of the shed and my other car.

thats just how it is here . you get some kind of wind every year ,you hope it misses you & clean up the mess later.
    hope to be sniping ya'll on ebay soon!
    larry

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Larry, God Bless ya brother. Im glad you & yours are safe if not in the best situation.
    Good luck & keep us updated how things are going.
    Also, dont stay in the wings just cuz your new. We want your post as often as you feel like posting.
    But keep in mind that calling me fat thing I mentioned earlier, ok!?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also think for the most part that anything short of cursing, sexually suggestive comments or calling me fat should be considered free speech & treated as such.
    You're fat? Me too!

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The great thing about living in America is that we all can have our own opinion.

The crime rate in New Orleans has been the highest in the country before the flooding.

Disaster brings out the best and worst of people.

I have nothing against the people who are taking items to survive, but, my anger is toward the people taking guns, jewelrey, tv's, computers, etc.

It is my understanding the U.s. government had to stand down because it is the states governer who must bring in the national guard.

Which he should have done right away.

The governer didn't do this, that's when President Bush stepped in.

I've dealt with poor and black people in my line of work for many years.

99 percent are great, it's that 1 percent that is causing all the problems.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My wifes girlfriend works part time as a waitress in a shoneys. She said there was a table of 4 men who showed her a box full of jewelry & offered some for sale.
    They claimed to be from Nawlins & when she checked later they had LA plates on their car.
    They also quickly left after she didnt seem amused by their story.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lddrizzt
    You're fat? Me too!
    Cool! You like buffets? I love buffets!
    Not those sissy, "all you care to eat" buffets.
    I like the "all you can ingest without hurling till you leave" buffets!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Since so much has been made of a post which was deleted and Doodude has chosen to discuss his frustration with my decision in the forum, I have decided to show the original post and the pms between Doodude and me.

Here is the post I deleted:

Doodude
    Eye Shooter
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, the people of Nawlins have just reverted to being animals. And its not just a few bad apples, its a total meltdown. Being a native of Louisiana Ive spent some time in Nawlins having too much fun. And its very historic. But if it werent for the refineries etc, Id say the hell with them. These people are an embarrasment.
    And before you get a bug up your booty, I get the whole being poor & going thru a terrible ordeal thing. But many people have been in situations similar or worse & didnt find the need to start raping & killing each other & the people trying to help them or burning down their homes or stealing everything in site. Can you say L.A.?
    Ive heard complaints that the free food wasnt good enough. There was no air conditioning. The portapottys were dirty ( gee, I wonder who got them dirty )
    I dont think anyone realized they would need the ARMY to control things cuz I dont think anyone believed that so many people in Nawlins were going to become such worthless human beings in such a shorft time.
    But dont get me started, ok!? As an evil neocon I could just go off on ya!

I sent the following pm to Doodude:

Doodude,

I deleted your post for the following reasons:

1. You said "if it weren't for the refineries, etc., I'd say to hell with them."
    That remark is inflammatory and you have condemmed everyone remaining in the city.

2. You said "These people are an embarrasment".
    That remark borders on a racist generalization of those remaining in the city.

3. You said "Can you say L.A.?"
    That remark clarified that you were referring to a particular race.

4. You said "I don't think that so many people in Nawlins were going to going to become such worthless human beings in such a short time."
    That remark again is inflammatory and condemns everyone.

5. You said "But don't get me started, ok!? As an evil neocon I could just go off on ya!"
    That remark says you don't want to hear anyone else's point of view and you might go off on them if they reply to your post.

You are welcome to make another post but please be sensitive of the issues I have pointed out.
    Dennis

Dennis, Ive always respected your opinion on Pachinkos & hope to do so in the future.
    But you are very wrong to condemn me as a racist & delete my post.
    Ill bet my favorite Pachinko machine I have far more friends who are minorities than most people.
    Always have, Always will!
    I find it sad that you are offended by my comments but have no problem with others that are under the same thread.
    I believe you are letting your politics dictate your good judgment. You are not being consistant.
    I also believe most forms of critisism are autobiographical.
    So please, if you are trying to attone for your own racist past & leanings, dont make me a part of it.
    I can take care of myself.
    Rob
    As to whether the post should have been deleted because of its content, I did so because the post read as a blanket condemnation of the people of New Orleans and any posts contrary to the writer‘s opinions might result in the writer going off on them.

I see in Doodude’s later posts he clarified that his remarks were aimed only at the lawless elements in the city. Thanks for doing that, Ron.

And that’s it.
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Actually, Logic I do.
    Not in a pious, "so there" kinda way but more in the sense that Ive gotten it off my chest now & am ready to get down to bidnez & go kick some puppies kinda way. Black Puppies! :lmao:
    You know what I mean?
    No... can't say that I do.
    Care to expand?
    logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lddrizzt
    You're fat? Me too!
    HEY!!! That makes THREE of us!
    logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Dennis for the clarification on your part. From the prospective that youre looking at the original post from, I can understand your concern.
    Its unfortunate that at times when I visit the forum I do so from my truck on the side of the road in some far corner of nowhere. This sometimes means I get at best a very slow connection on my laptop. I can only post quick replies as all the smileys etc just wont download.
    Understanding this, I hope you can see that only the most brief comments will even upload in a reasonable time frame.
    Maybe I should hold off on my comments under these circumstances but instead I rely on the hope that Ill be given the benefit of the doubt.
    On most subjects this might be true. But I agree that this is a tragic situation & everyone, especially those like yourself who are in LA, are to say the least, tense.
    On my 2nd post where I did all my griping, I never mentioned you by name, nor had I planned to do so in the future. I didnt & dont want this to become personal.
    I do want to say I regret my comment concerning any feelings you may or may not have or feel the need to make up for in your personal life. That was out of line. Im sorry!
    Youve been very helpful to me in the past & I appreciate your time & effort towards me & to the site itself.
    Im glad that you were personally spared the brunt of Katrina & hope the best for you & your fellow survivors down south.
    Thanks again... Rob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm watching CNN now and they stated that when the Mayor of New Orleans told the people to leave that 1,000 of their 1,500 police officers left.

It seems like everyone on TV is turning this into a racial issue. When I feel it was very poor commucation between the city, state and federal government.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it's sad that most of the time stuff like this does get turned into a racial issue, you almost have to blame some of it on the media.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by RKnarr01
    ...have to blame some of it on the media.
    BINGO!!!

A LOT of it!!!
    logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Howdy from Dallas! We've got a lot of folks here who've been displaced, out at Reunion Arena, and scattered throughout the DFW suburbs with relatives and smaller shelters.

I have to wonder, the feasibility of keeping the folks there at Reunion, and / or just dumping them wherever kind city or church has opened the doors.

THey (the victims) are relying almost entirely on private aid, which simply isn't enough.

Why hasn't the governement done a better job of finding space and aid for these folks? For example....

we have literally hundreds of well-kept state and federal parks / camping areas, between here and NOLA, where folks could be set up temporarily (albeit in near-primitive, but livable / clean / dignified conditions)...instead we herd them into a mass of 10,000 which quickly deteriorates to chaos.

The Army could (SHOULD) set up tent cities spread across all these state and federal lands, why haven't they done so?

When I was in the Army, one of the drills was setting up a tent city for literally 10s of thousands of troops on a moments notice (during REFORGER drills, "Return of Forces To Germany").....

it boggles my mind why these types of things aren't being done....instead it seems to me these poor folks are literally being dumped wherever a large space is, to be tended by the general public.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for assisting whoever and however I can, but logistically, what is happening is simply disastrous.

and shameful.
    Yellow Cab Fanatic BEEP BEEP
    Tiger Mask, too GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast