Thread: Vehicle Theft

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Vehicle Theft

For the last couple of weeks my Dad has been using a company vehicle so he leaves his vehicle in a public parking lot right across the street from the company warehouse. We went to go and grab something from his cargo van tonight and when we got there noticed that the side door window had been shattered. We looked inside of the vehicle and saw that the thieves had drilled out the transmission and attempted the steal the vehicle. Why they would want to steal this vehicle amazes us because it's a 99 and it hasnt been used in about 2 months and the vehicle has 250k miles. In the vehicle we found a long hunters knife, an 18v milwaukee cordless drill and other various tools. We called the cops and they seemed real relaxed and just told us to get anything valuable out of the vehicle because the thieves would more than likely be back tonight to finish the job. The scary thing is that there has been numerous times when we've went to grab stuff out of this vehicle at late at night and it could of been one of those nights that they were breaking into the vehicle that we could of walked in on them and with a knife they had who knows what could of happened. So maybe it's time to get a concealed weapon. So the cops had us let the air out of the tires so if they go to steal it their on flats. Cops just seemed real relaxed and didnt fingerprint it or anything else.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vehicle Theft

We have had the vehicles at my office broke into twice over the last year. There has never really been anything of value for them to take just things that we have to get replaced and fixed. They do a number on the locks and body. The police just file a report and don't do anything else. I guess they figure that is what insurance is for. Not a crime they seem to do much about.
    and a few others.

proffesorpeter

its the same over here- they do sod all about anything these days- so called boys in blue.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the cops said they expect them to finish the job tonight theyll be pissed when they find alll of their tools missing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You DID keep the tools, didn't you?

The cops should have put marker dust on the steering wheel while they were there.
    It's a dust that will turn their hands a bright blue/purple. It lasts for days!

Well, just let them have it now, and sue Rockstar Games for their Grand Theft Auto inspiration! :lmao:
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I caught three gentlemen of color in our lot across the street twelve years back. They first started to run, till they heard the 870 pump a round in chamber. And God came to them, they got down on their knees, they said you going to call the cops ? No said I, we got a fast running river a block away.
    So we talked about life in general and what was mine and what was theirs.
    We prayed and I ask the Lord to give me a reason to let them live. I than collected their wallets and keys and any money they had. Told them to go get their church Minister and bring them around tomorrow to get their stuff.
    They did show up the following day with Minister.
    Small town, I knew him, we talked and he handled the problem.

That would not happen in this day and age.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to get fingerprints off of a car is near impossible, we had 23 cars broken into, and when i called the police they sent out a fingerprint expert who just looked at me and shook there heads, there is so much dirt,dust, and fingerprints from the owner, well the short of it is its near impossible, it doesn't sound as tho they were experts, leaving things behind is almost a sure sign of kids, an expert would have the ignition broken out in seconds,,

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had my home and garage broken into up north and my home broken into down here.

The police filled out a report and that was all they did.

No arrest and nothing returned.

The same thing with stores I managed that got broken into down here.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by logicprobe
    You DID keep the tools, didn't you?

The cops should have put marker dust on the steering wheel while they were there.
    It's a dust that will turn their hands a bright blue/purple. It lasts for days!

Well, just let them have it now, and sue Rockstar Games for their Grand Theft Auto inspiration! :lmao:
    Yes we did keep the tools. I should of put that super super glue there and then stick the thieve to the steerin wheel. I love GTA

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yea apparently were scared off easily they left their tools right in the drivers seat. Hopefully tonight they'll just finish it off so that we can get it towed and then get started on the paperwork.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No don't do that. If you do anything that may hurt them they can come back and sue you! Sad as it is, You can't really protect anything of yours and the cops won't bother to take action until they hurt you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is the 2nd time one of our vehicles have been broken into. When we were vacationing in St. Croix we parked our rental Jeep alongside the road so we could hang out on the beach and when we came back we had 500 in cash, a digital camera, and a cell phone missing from the glove box. It's so common there that they dont even fill out a report.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A few years ago a car was stolen in the town I live in. Also, a bike was taken and found the next day one time. Anyhow, the car was brought back the next day and the kid apologized for stealing it. He did have to spend a week or two cleaning things in the local jail.

Small towns are great!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This was in the city of Rochester, not a terrible area either a industrial area. Why they would want to steal that vehicle amazes me. With the mileage it has they'd be lucky if they could make it home. Hopefully they get it running tonight get it on the thruway and the engines goes and then a cop stops to see whats wrong and they get arrested, sent to prison and are then mades someone's wife.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    A few years ago a car was stolen in the town I live in. Also, a bike was taken and found the next day one time. Anyhow, the car was brought back the next day and the kid apologized for stealing it. He did have to spend a week or two cleaning things in the local jail.

Small towns are great!
    Reminds of that old story. A guy steals a car from a couples driveway. After reporting it stolen, the couple went back to their normal lives. The next morning the car was back in the driveway, perfectly intact without a scratch on it. A note was left inside that described sorrow for having to borrow the car as a personal emergency came up and they had no other choice. It also read that they had cleaned the car for them in appreciation for the use and they also left two tickets to that nights local teams baseball game.

The couple simply thrilled they had their car back, spotless. Decided to take their new found ticket benefactor up on that game that night. When they returned home they found all their belongings in the house had been removed.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Vehicle Theft

Hello, Yes that sucks RK. The cops do deal with that on a daily basis and will seem relaxed about it. Taking the AIR out of the tires was a good idea to keep them from driving off with the vehicle. The most common vehicle stolen is an older Caravan Believe it or not. I guess its just the easiest vehicle to get away with. Mike : )
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Today I went and saw the vehicle for the first time and the glass from the window is all over the inside of the vehicle. They destroyed the plastic casing around the ignition and the ignition itself is destroyed. The thing that angered me the most is that my Nike Golf towel is covered in small pieces of glass, i loved that towel So what will insurance give us to fix it..... $500 seems quite low from seeing the damage especially knowing what mechanics charge around here to fix stuff.