Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slot Machine Style Pull Arm

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Slot Machine Style Pull Arm

.... I came across a website selling a slot machine style mod for Pachishlo machines...but it went to a bad link.

Does anyone know about these gadgets?....are they sturdy? Is it easy to set up?

I like my new Metal Slug machine as is....but I'm a modder at heart.....any suggestions?

MameMaster!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Slot Machine Style Pull Arm

There are several sellers just google "pachislo" and search around. They range from about $49-$69. From what I have heard they are pretty solid and not flimsy. But I have also heard they loose their glamor rather quickly. But each to their own!

Good topic nonetheless. No mention of it recently so it might bring some good conversation.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm against modding these machine out to make them more americanized, (im a purist) but if you insist heres a link to one

http://www.macenw.org/PACHISLO----AR...c13728,ur.html

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are a couple more. Plus some are on ebay.

http://pachinko.dreamhost.com/armkits.html

http://www.usaslots.com/index.cfm
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

****Fever Queen**LasVegas **BeastSapp**Azteca Legend**Sublime**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow....you guys are faster to reply than on the website I frequent for video game mods!

Thanks for all of the responses....I already checked out a few of the links. It seems easy enough to do....has anyone done it?

I'm also on the fence about modding my brand new machine.....there is something to be said for "leaving it as it was meant to be".....but I think I may add this for my friends who already said "where's the arm"? :- )

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Then they will ask....why do you have to hit the buttons to stop the reels?

Keep in mind these machines are designed to "eye shoot" which means stop the reels on the specific symbol. If you are wanting more "luck of the draw" combined with vegas look then an arm might be for you and eventually an autostop chip.

The best explanation on "eye shooting" is from BigBearPachislo.com.

http://www.bigbearpachisloshop.com/0...yeshooting.htm

If this is going to be your only machine you might want to spiff it up with those options. If you plan to get more machines later you still might want to have "one" machine modified, but eventually you will probably start to enjoy the challenge of "eye shooting". Some machines are just too fast in my opinion, but others are kinda fun to try.

I know I am creating 2 issues here (sorry).

But I can't deny that the arm will (if nothing else) look cool!
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My rant is that if you want vegas buy vegas. http://www.slotmachines4less.com/igt.htm
    They ship anywhere. Legal or not.

By the time you buy an autostop kit, arm, etc you will have dumped in a ton of money, lowered the value of your machine, and you still have a pachislo.

Once you get yourself hooked on one machine you are going to want a second and then a third... then you will find out about a big bear special and buy 6 at a time. There is no going back.....soon you have no more room.... so really what I am saying is that if you want to put a bank of these in side by side you can... but the arm really just gets in the way. Just think for the cost of 3 arms you could afford another machine and also have the space for that machine...

In all seriousness there are a few problems with adding an arm to a Pachi:
    1. It doesn't have the rachet that a Vegas style one does. You can buy a real Vegas arm... type in IGT on ebay. But it will be an inch taller than the Pachi and the depth of the mechnism can only work on a few models.

2. The pachi arms are just spring loaded so you don't get the same feel. The wiring is simple it just goes in parallel with the spin lever. It just does not feel right.

3. The weight of the pachi is not conducive to a good pull on the arm without tipping So be prepared to bolt this to your stand especially if you have kids.

I have both styles of machines. My friends usually start by saying way cool a real vegas slot machine... but when they see the interactivity of the Pachi they usually move on. Not to mention the bonus rounds etc.

I have a little plaque made up from the IGT web page that describes the history of pachilos that people find interesting reading. Saves explaining where the arm goes.

Since I am on a soap box, there are lots of quarter mods out there too but the coin hoppers are not setup properlly to spit them out even if you get them to take it in properlly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with Monaghj. Don't do it. Many of new people to Pachis have felt that having an arm would be cool. I don't think too many have every been that pleased with it in the longer term. Wait a bit... then decide. Read, learn, enjoy your machine first. You will likely decide to leave it alone.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would never do Mods to any of my machines. They are what they are. They are NOT an American slot machine...and they don't even play like one. If you want a "One arm bandit" then check out the American slots that are for sale on Ebay.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am sorry but I just have to chime in...

I do like the autostop mod that has the credit feature. I dont use the auto stop part but I am so lazy that I hate to have to open the machine up to get tokens out of the hopper to continue playing when I can press a button and get 50 more credits.
    ****Fever Queen**LasVegas **BeastSapp**Azteca Legend**Sublime**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well you could mod your hopper with a switch to kick tokens to the tray eliminating opening the door .... but keeping the token in slot experiance....but that would break the taboo by moding ..... aw i'm busted .......make it what you want its your machine thats the great part of these machine they are able to adapt to the person with out killing your budget !!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hmm.....a lot of valid points here.....especially about putting my machine though the "surgery" to turn it into something it's not......

OK.....I think the negatives out weight the positives on the mod. I'll hold off. I think ultimately...it may make more sense to just pick up a pull arm slot down the road to compliment the Metal Slug.

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions!!! (and passion!).

MameMaster!™

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mamemaster,
    You made the right choice. You'll enjoy your machine a lot more for what it is.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

MM, ditto what RK said.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

proffesorpeter

once you automate these machines they become just another boring, rip off slot- keep them pure and unaltered, its the skill element in these that makes them amazing and addictive!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Metal Slug is a premium machine. It usually sells on Ebay for around 300.00 US Considering if you ever had to sell it...the arm would make the value go way down. When I was new to this I thought the same thing, but quickly learned that they play great just the way they are. I agree with the others if you want a "one arm bandit" go get one to compliment the pachi.
    Spin Luck * Super Black Jack * King Camel * Charlie's Angels * Gold X * Giga Fever * E.T.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You want to know something funny?....I was telling my wife about the Tekken machine today....and she totally surprised me and said....if you like it buy it!

I couldn't believe it!......she actually likes the Metal Slug....so after owning it for less than a week....here I am ordering machine #2!

.....and I won't add a slot style arm to either machine!...that she said no to!.....who would have guessed?

Thanks again guys!
    MameMaster!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Another happy PachiTalk member on his way to the 12 step program!
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Im jealous! I want the tekken machines SO BAD. WHen i was at milt's he showed me it and i was so close to buying it then but couldnt justify 500 on it otherwise i would of had it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast