Thread: "My" Spin Luck went bye-bye

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default "My" Spin Luck went bye-bye

I suppose more than a few members here who don't own a Spin Luck want one. I am on of those.

But finding one for a good price is like finding that needle in the haystack. But every now and then one pops up, either on ebay or from a dealer. In fact, pachinko_pallace had one I have been watching since it was put up. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I was all set to bid a little higher than what the machine went for, $661.00 and planned to snipe it.

But about 45 minutes or so before it ended, I made a decision I may or may not regret. I decided not to bid.

As most who have read any of my recent posts know I have been trying to get set up to do videos of my machines to post in the museum. But my old computer just isn't up to the task. Sure, I can do videos with the little Kodak still camera, but they leave a lot to be desired.

So I decided to use that money I had set aside for a Spin Luck to buy a new faster computer. It will take a few weeks for all the parts to get here, then assembled, which means yet another delay in posting videos.

In the meantime I will post the little Quick Time videos, the few I have, as soon as I re-re-reinstall an FTP program, which at the rate I'm going and the bad luck I'm having with old ironsides here, may take longer than I want.

As a result of all this, I had to kiss "my" Spin Luck goodbye!

At least, for now.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: "My" Spin Luck went bye-bye

Don't worry, PP seems to have a load of them. Everytime one ends another one is relisted. Smart in the sense they don't flood the market, but I wish they would drop too so I could enjoy one as well!

So every 7 days or so you will have another option it seems.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tony, It's always nice to have a goal in life.

there's a Spin Luck out there with your name on it
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tony, You did the right thing! Im proud of your will power. You da man, man!
    ********************http://RRob1.photosite.com/ ********************

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I appreciate what you said, David, Lucky, and Doo.

But WAHHHH!

The computer I just ordered is not top of the line, but I think it'll do the trick for me. At least according to next door neighbor who is going to assemble it for me. Here is what I'm getting;
    Chaintech 7NJL6 Barebone kit / AMD Athlon XP 3000+ / 1 gig DDR ram / keyboard, mouse / 400 watt PS / mid-tower case
    250 GB HD, GeForce MX 4000 / 128 MB DDR / AGP 8X / VGA /TV Out video card
    3 1/2 in floppy

I already have DVD and DVD recorder, video capture and other assorted goodies to make it run.

Will pick up a thin-line flat screen monitor at work, if I decide to not use my old 19" 50 lb. monitor.

Sure did want that SL though!

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OH NO....Mary at DACA said the next one in has your name on it! She told me today that you above all others have first dibs on it, for the listed sale price! Don't give up TJ yours is just around the corner!
    Spin Luck * Super Black Jack * King Camel * Charlie's Angels * Gold X * Giga Fever * E.T.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hot dawg! Mary remembered me! Plus I have first dibs!

Bless you, DD! That is great news!

BTW, I really talked up this site to her. Said they need to get on and let folks here know more about them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I appreciate it! Dave St Clair I guess is the owner and registered and posted a few today.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is that his name on the board, David? OR does he use another?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Im sure another one will come up Tony m8 They look a great machine from what Ive seen!

Good luck with the PC build. If u need any help just give us a shout (built loads over the years and even fried one :lmao: ).

I went out today (first time in 3months!) just to make sure I didnt want a big fancy 50" TV instead of a load of pachinkos with my pinball money and I came back very happy.........because I didnt want one. It was that awful nagging feeling of "what if" i decide i need a HD TV for all my games but the technology is just so far behind still that the price tag just wasnt justifiable (prices are nearly double what u pay in USA for same TVs). Not only that the DLP rear projection TVs I was after my eyesight isnt compatible so it gave me blinding migrane within 10mins watching it and all I could see was rainbows (colour blind). IM much better off buying a card for PC if and when I need it I guess, but I guess I had to half kill myself to get there just so I was 100% sure I was going to put all my money into pachinkos so worth it in the end (my walls are going to groan with the weight I think hehe).

Ive looked into capture cards as well for vids for my upcoming pachinko movies but neighbour has promised to lend me his fancy one so if he keeps to his word will be less hassle. I might even throw in a Medieval madness video with me attacking the trolls :lmao:

Pachinkos = BATMAN - ROBOCOP - PINK PANTHER - THUNDERBIRDS 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tony Junior,

User name "dave st.clair" is Daca Vending.
    Firewire