Thread: Speaker Wire Identification Needed Please

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Speaker Wire Identification Needed Please

Has anyone located all the speaker wires for Mozart Wonderland? (and LOTR, which I have arriving this week from Syscom - hooray!) I have searched this forum for descriptions or pics. I am getting the pots from Syscom this week for the volume mods.

The only set of speaker wires I have identified for Mozart are for the small speaker on the ball tray. The speakers on either side of the playfield are not reachable without major disassembly (unless I am missing some easy catch) and all the bundled wires going from the machine to that door are white (covering both lights and speakers). The other large speaker on the ball tray is all enclosed.

I am not comfortable with just disconnecting cables/connectors for fear of causing damage by not having a circuit connected and blowing some circuit input by leaving it floating, or accidently disconnecting the power to some circuit and having it blown by another live signal connected to it. Any pictures or descriptions would be appreciated. I am expecting to also make the mod to LOTR based on what I read here on its volume (maybe its speaker wires are easier to identify?)

(Getting this information will make my wife happy).

Neo Magic Pulsar King Camel Beast Sapp:boxing: Dragon Dice
    Saint Maria Power Road Mountain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Speaker Wire Identification Needed Please

On the LOTR's Sankyo model the speaker wires are easily identified by opening the glass door on the front of unit. The speakers are mounted in this door. They have a red and a white wire connected to each speaker. Simply cut the wire of choice and place the volume control in between each cut.

The Mosart Wonderland you are referring to is actually named, Saint Maria. As stated in our museum site on this model, "This game has been given a number of titles including Saint Maria Legend of Symphony, Saintly Maria, Saintly Mary and, for no particular reason, Mozart Wonderland." It would appear now it's also being called a Virgin Maria. Go figure?? Anyway, it's made my Nishijin and I personally do not own a Nishijin machine but I would imagine that the same holds true as it has held true for all of my machines. Just find the wires connect to each speaker and use one of those. You should not have to remove the speaker.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you can find your amplifer board, you could find the speaker wires easier,

it would also be easier put the volume controls on near the amp, rather than right by the speakers.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it would also be easier put the volume controls on near the amp, rather than right by the speakers.
    Why is that?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For an old guy like me

(more room to work)

and that's how Arby did it on my Bunny Girls
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tulsa,

Thanks for the LOTR instructions - doesn't sound like that will be too difficult to do. However with the Saint Maria, finding the speaker wires appears to require disassembling the whole front door to find which wires go to those speakers. They are not color coded, all wires are white in the door, and there does not appear to be an amplifier card that has obvious pairs of speaker wires coming from it (I can find 1-2 pairs from one card but still need 2 more pairs). Logicprobe - have you done it?

And yes, I know the correct name for the Saint Maria, which is why I use that name in my signature line. I just figured that more people know it by the Mozart moniker. The Virgin name that TA is using does seem a bit overdone.

Neo Magic Pulsar King Camel Beast Sapp:boxing: Dragon Dice
    Saint Maria Power Road Mountain