Thread: REEL ALIGNMENT-Fuji

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question REEL ALIGNMENT-Fuji

I have poor reel alignment on a Fuji Thuderbirds and although I realise that some variation in perfect reel stop positions comes about at random, I would like to know any opinions as to reel/opto adjustment,(as you may know,optos are the electronic eye sensor on each reel , I learned years ago having had a variety of english fruit machines to repair. ) have any other people had to adjust reels due to pretty bad misalignment? .The reel motors are fixed fine but I would like to find out if they operate similarly. thanks for looking.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: REEL ALIGNMENT-Fuji

i had a similar problem with my don don king . i attempted to realign my reels only to have the machine re align them cock-eyed no matter what i did (adjusted the sensor position) . i also had a problem with one reel (due to shipping damage) stuttering and producing an error . i found a solution while fixing the later problem . i found that by dragging a finger on the side of the reel while it spun would eliminate the stutter problem (i figure it has problem sensing position due to reel speed ). so i bought some felt pads at the dollar store and applied them so they put a little pressure on the reel rubbing on the side above the reel window . the result was the reel now senses its position and the by-product turns out the reels now align very well on their own . and a third benefit is the reel noise is greatly reduced...... if you need to i can send you pics showing what i did message me at alstonj1@comcast.net.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for that alstonj1, will check to see if that helps,thankfully the reels spin super quiet, its probably fair to say that like with the english machines, even with reel assembly the quality or skill of design varies. Thats one nice colourful looking machine you have too!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

should see it when it goes into bonus rounds the red lights you see lineing the sides change colors like a rainbow an awsome color light show as well as sound.its a must see machine even if you dont buy one (and you will after you see it).