Thread: Fuel Gauge

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Fuel Gauge

I paid $2.79 for regular a couple of hours ago

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Estimates are now coming in @ 4.00 by October(heard locally on radio = not always the most accurate = at least I hope they are wrong).

I feel sorry for people that need heating oil for the winter. Early estimates before Katrina were prices up to 50 percent higher. No telling where it is going to go to now.

I'm glad I am retired also but I do feel for those that have to travel any distance to work. Maybe something can be done ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I contracted for my year's supply of propane for heating, etc. (country living) back in June, thank goodness. Even then the price was up 50% over last year. I hate to think how high it might go now.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

check you contract for a disaster clause, alot of them have them. It allows them to increase it.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's just starting to hit $3 hear near rochester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just on news... Over $4.00 in Atlanta

Over $3.00 in Ohio...

Whats it going to cost to ship our toys??????
    ****Fever Queen**LasVegas **BeastSapp**Azteca Legend**Sublime**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

big asz bucks!
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachitom
    Just on news... Over $4.00 in Atlanta

Over $3.00 in Ohio...

Whats it going to cost to ship our toys??????
    Whoops I guess local radio here missed the 4.00 by over a month.....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just damn!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Please, take the time to read and distribute this:
    Do you think oil companies were making fat cash when the price of gas was $1.50 per gallon? You bet. >From my business experience, price isn't determined by what the product costs to produce, it is determined by what the market will bear.
    ... and currently our market is bearing $2.50+ per gallon. With no action the cost will only go up. For those of you who were with me in Kuwait, have you seen more Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari' s, BMW's, etc any where else? Not even in LA.

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the end of summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going aroun! d last April or May!
    The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work.
    Please read it and join with us!
    By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace.... not sellers.
    With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all r! ely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act
    together to force a price war. Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.
    But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) . and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE
    MILLION consumers!If those three millio! n get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people....well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am... so trust
    me on this one.)
    How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.
    If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
    PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can do this easily. They are no Exxon's or Mobil's in my area.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My son sent me that,

he said in Orlando they are lining up at the pumps with lower prices and topping off their tanks.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The only thing is, you have to go to a company that has it's own refineries. Just because a station doesn't have a Mobil or Exxon sign doesn't mean they don't get their gas from them. They'll take gas from whoever is cheapest. Although you have a better chance of avoiding Mobil/Exxon by doing so.

By the way, we'll never see gas below 2.50. The oil companies know we'll pay (even with a boycott). They can hold out longer than we can.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can hold out forever

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by RKnarr01
    I can hold out forever

Try saying that when you drive a big rig (at least I'm getting about 6 MPG nowadays). Expect goods prices to rise fast also.

At least I drive my car only a couple of days a month.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

6MPG Wow gas must be a killer

Just heard on tv gas in $6 per gallon in ATL

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just purchased a scooter -- a Honda Metropolitan -- (moped) for my daughter last week. Great timing, I guess, as it gets around 100 miles per gallon! Woohoo!!! She has no clue it's coming as her birthday is in mid November and she will be old enough (14 years old) to ride one here in Iowa. Will be a great way to get her in and out of town when the weather is nice.

In the meantime, I'm having fun riding this thing. Very well made. Very cool and fun to ride. I love it. (Yeah, I look like a dork on it... but, think of the mileage savings!) See below:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was and now am more seriously considering purchasing one of those GEM vehicle that run off of electricity

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've looked for the Ford Escape (little SUV) that has the hybrid, but any dealers that have them around here are adding 6 to 8K to the sticker! Crazy.

They're already way over the regular engine in price, and they didn't offer any rebate or "employee price" incentive on those.
    Ford needs to expand that line... we need to fight back somehow.

(Nice scoot, slotter... maybe you should keep that one and give her the Harley??)
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

in answer to the question no i didnt make the cabnet ,wife found it at a salvation army was a store display it was over 10 ft tall had to do some major reconstruction to lower it a foot and a half then rehook the lighting . Saw the neon sign at wall mart had to have it. as for the motor home mentioned earlier , i have a bus i converted now has a pull out bed and fridge and microwave.runs on a 6.2 liter diesel gets about 12 or so mph ( its the "small bus" or tart kart as my daughter calls it.) already had the don don king in it running it on an inverter was showing it to some guys at work .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast