Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is ARBY the only one that....?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Is ARBY the only one that....?

I just wanted to publicly say THANKYOU to arby for doing all his work on making those videos of Pachinkos in play !! Because of his fine videos that show the balls in action(!), I have saved tons of money(seen a few I wouldn't have) and have also seen what I would like to own if and when I ever get the space to display them. I know that this has taken time out of his schedule to do this and we need to thank him.

This all brings up the question : We have over 1100 members here. Is arby the only person that has a video camera ? I have been trying to borrow one myself from a friend of a friend and someday I'll post some video of my Fever Arabian Nights Pachinko action and maybe of the pachislos I have. These videos showing the actual playboard play of Pachinkos and reel play of Pachislos can be of great value to those of us that want to continue to add to our collections the smart way.

So here it is: PLEASE GET YOUR VIDEO CAMERAS OUT AND POST THOSE VIDEOS of your Pachislos and Pachinkos in action!

THANKS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Is ARBY the only one that....?

I would but it will have to wait till I have more time. Its not taking the video thats time consuming. It if messing around with this dang computer to edit and get the video to both look good and be the right size. For people that know what they are doing it's not a problem. I get nagged as it is to do the videos of what I shoot of the kids. But I will try. I do appreciate Arby being able and taking the time to do what he does. Along with everyone else that uses there time to make this forum more useful and fun.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would love too, but

I don't have the computer knowledge to do this!!!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lightbulb Re: Is ARBY the only one that....?

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog
    I would love too, but

I don't have the computer knowledge to do this!!!!
    Ok here's an offer that will make it impossible for anyone(that has a camera and a vcr) to have an excuse :

Make a video of your Pachislo/Pachinko in action and put it on an VHS tape and send it to me. I will convert it and upload it so you can post it here. So there: all you have to do is point and shoot and edit and then throw it/them in on a tape and mail it to me. I'll do the rest.

PM me.
    Last edited by azlew; 08-06-2005 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

VHS tapes? I thought they went out with the dinosaurs! I don't even think I can put it from 8 millimeter tape to VHS tape. How about I down load it to the computer and send it to you raw and you edit and do as you wish. Telling the camera to download on computer is the easy part.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default It's easier than everyone thinks....

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    .... Telling the camera to download on computer is the easy part.
    Lazarus : If you have it on your computer then why not just upload it(the avi or mpg file) yourself to either Alex's site that he set up for this or another site somewhere and give us the url where we can see it?

I myself don't have editing experience on computer files so I don't edit avi/mpg files.. I can do some editing from a vhs tape (or dvd) as I will be transferring from VHS to DVD (or DVD to DVD using my TV set top dedicated DVD recorder combo) then from DVD to an mpg file on my computer off the dvd reader on my computer. I do agree that the direct to computer from the camera resulting in a avi or mpg file is the fastest and best quality way but I don't myself have that capability (no inputs on my computer for that nor do I have a DVD writer on my computer (just a DVD reader). So thats why I stated VHS tape. But I can do it from DVD also.

Most people either have a VCR or a DVD writer at home with the capability to transfer videos off a video camera to a VHS tape or DVD. If they in turn have a DVD reader on their computer, then they can of course convert the dvd files (if they put the camera video on a dvd themselves) to mpg/avi files themselves also and then upload to Alex's site(or elsewhere) for viewing here. BUT if the member is lucky enuff to be able to transfer direct from their camera to their computer (like you Laz) = they can go ahead and upload what would be a lot better quality video than what I would be able to do. Thats the whole point of this thread (I hope), that it will make members here start thinking about what they can do to do this.
    Heck Arby has done it.....Why can't we ???

Again I have a few steps that I have to go thru to get it done but I am willing to do this to help get more videos up here for our fellow pachitalk.com members to enjoy !
    Last edited by azlew; 08-07-2005 at 03:54 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will try when I can to make videos of the pachinkos I have and pachislos as well. I will try to get them to Alexes site an we can go from there. It will not be soon through. I start adding on to the new pachi room today. Big job, will have to limit time spent on other things. If this does not get done before cold weather me and my machines will be playing in the snow bank! now off to get the excavator to start digging.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lew, I just bought a video capture card and DVD burner. I (actually my nephew) has yet to hook it up though.

I have several small videos I've made of various stages of play on 4 or 5 pachoslos of mine that I want to add, especially in the reviews I've either already written or am writing.

My main problem right now is figuring out FTP. Also, may anyone upload to Alex's site, or do I have to ask for permission first? Is there a maximum size to the files?

I have some that are way too big as they are, but can be edited to a reasonable size. What is the optimum length?
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You guys got Windows XP???
    You got video editing, then.
    OK, it's not Adobe Premiere or even Pinnacle Studio... but for FREE, it ain't bad!
    You can save your final output for different connection speeds and different sizes, too.

Microsoft has info here for beginners:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...d/default.mspx

And if you don't have it on your computer already (you just might!), download it here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...viemaker2.mspx

I'll let Lew answer the ftp question, since I know he's uploaded to Alexilla's site already.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yea its connection issues what are going to be the only problem with hookup to a PC not software as theres loads of freebies around.

Ive checked my PC and looks like my Geforce 6800 ultra cant capture and my dad has an older analog camcorder which i think is high 8 tape (ive got a firewire connector on soundcard as a hookup no analogs). Im going to look into it anyway when my first pachinko machine arrives as was thinking about doing some myself to help the seller and the forum (as if it wasnt for Nick at http://www.pachinkos.co.uk/default.htm for sending me a cd with some on and Arby on here with his invaluable videos I wouldnt have ordered even 1).

At the worst I will spend £40 on a capture card or try and borrow neighbours digital one (I ordered him it saving him £400 off internet so least he can do is lend me it hehe). Im going to get a load of pictures done as well as thats no problem as we have a digital camera.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tony,Lazurus,Logicprobe,Dazzyman and everyone else that is thinking about helping out with videos etc :This is GREAT !! Looks like the wheels are turning on this. Thanks everyone for thinking about doing this.

Logicprobe go ahead and repost the information on Alex's FTP site (login and password) as I have it built in on my FTP program but the password is not readable (some stupid security thing). I have it written down somewhere but that could take me a day or two. I know it has been posted on pachitalk a couple of times.

The only restriction that I remember on Alex's site was if the bandwidth exceeded some figure he would have to shut down for awhile and then re open again. But these probably could all end up in the museum here anyway ...right?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't have it anywhere either, Lew. Never used it.
    It's on the board somewhere. Just thought you had it since you use it a lot.
    Sorry.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello, I recently found out that I am dangerously close to going over my site size. I can take vids of any of my Current Pachislo Machines ( alot ) and send the files to anyone that will upload them for me. Mike : )
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lucky : That is the right user name and password to use in an ftp program to upload all the videos we have.

Here it is again : ftp to :

pachitalk.gamershive.com
    User ID: pachitalk@gamershive.com
    Password: pachislo

Most FTP programs will "auto detect" but if need be : set to port 21.

Alex if you are out there : Thanks again !!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by vgc
    ......I can take vids of any of my Current Pachislo Machines ( alot ) and send the files to anyone that will upload them for me. Mike : )
    Ok Mike = you got it !

Private Message me here for details (PM me).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can also email me direct at my email that I set up @ :

pachinko_lew@yahoo.com

If you already have videos converted to : avi,mpg,mpeg,mov etc(edited) files of your Pachislos/Pachinkos and want me to upload them for you = no problem I'll do that also ! I believe yahoo limits me to a email attachment no larger than 10 megs. I think 5 megs is a good size tho but we can try anything I guess...

So there you have it : You can send me email attachments(edited) and /or mail me video tapes or DVDs and I will do all I can to get them converted and uploaded and then email you the urls so you can post the urls (for fellow pachitalk members to go to) on pachitalk yourself along with your description.

It will be fun to see all the different Pachislos/Pachinkos in action !!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Is ARBY the only one that....?

Quote Originally Posted by azlew
    You can also email me direct at my email that I set up @ :

pachinko_lew@yahoo.com

If you already have videos converted to : avi,mpg,mpeg,mov etc(edited) files of your Pachislos/Pachinkos and want me to upload them for you = no problem I'll do that also ! I believe yahoo limits me to a email attachment no larger than 10 megs. I think 5 megs is a good size tho but we can try anything I guess...

So there you have it : You can send me email attachments(edited) and /or mail me video tapes or DVDs and I will do all I can to get them converted and uploaded and then email you the urls so you can post the urls (for fellow pachitalk members to go to) on pachitalk yourself along with your description.

It will be fun to see all the different Pachislos/Pachinkos in action !!
    Hello, yep i will e-mail them to you in seperate e-mails as i make them. i have nothing new currently other that what is already on my site, but as people come over i will get some vids taken. Last couple weekends the parties have happened at other locations. Mike : )
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok vgc ! Got the first batch in. Keep em coming and I'll upload them.

That goes for everyone else also. Just email em to me and I will upload them for you if you want.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lew, I now have FTP running properly (CuteFTP that Tulsa suggested), nephew Kyle brought over a new VHS to DVD recorder (that isn't hooked up yet), my new USB 2.0 card, the ADS Tech video capture and the new USB DVD burner are also still in the boxes.
    We have both been so busy lately that neither of us have much free time to get everything hooked up and going, but he/I will try next day off.
    I've been helping him with his new side business (video taping various functions), plus we are starting a joint venture to provide entertainment at various funcxtions. More about that last part at a later date.
    If I can get my asze in gear tomorrow (Wednesday), I should be in a position to at least experiment on doing some video xfers. I'm looking forward to the task!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast