Thread: Is it just me

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Is it just me

or are tellie marketers more than ever, I have been on the "Don't Call List From The Begaining"

I been averaging 4 of these asz holers a day, that doesn't include the fools that walk in and want to sell me some piece of junk.

I have told them to put their heads where it don't shine. and the majority are forein voiced. So does this mean they are calling me for all the hello around the world or what.

I already looked to see if my building was marked like in the hobo days, no markings.

Is it just me ?
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Is it just me

Hello, Yep, I get them all the time. Same with my store. Also more than half my e-mails are garbage too. Usually something like someone has logged onto your eBay account from Spain! Oh yeah Im gonna fall for that. I Still get a ton of e-mails and orders from Africa but they go straight to the trash. Mike : )
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Is it just me

It's not just you, Arby. I get plenty of them. I've been on the PA Do Not Call list since it started.

I've tried to gain info about them, then report them to the right place... but none of that has EVER worked for me. Just a canned email reply that says "we will investigate"... and that is from Pennsylvania.

I just use caller ID and an answering machine. If it says "unknown", or something strange like "Political Call"... it goes to the machine. They never leave a message, so it must not be THAT important.

The email? Crap... stock investments, software deals, and yes... the "blue pill" and other BS like that.

I really hate to see the government get involved in the internet... but this is getting crazy. Maybe some fines and jail time for these jerks would help afterall.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It seems all the no call list does is become a do call list. It sounds like a great during election years but as with so many things, no one follows up on these great ideas.
    I got a tellezapper & that actually works on automated calls, if you dont mind your phone squaking like a fax machine.
    Sally hates it & wont use it. She just dosent answer the phone without checking caller ID.
    ********************http://RRob1.photosite.com/ ********************

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've had a couple already on my cell phone.

Now THAT REALLY ticks me off... if I don't answer it, it goes to my voice mail... and I have to use minutes to listen to it and delete it!
    logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by doodude
    It seems all the no call list does is become a do call list. ....
    That's exactly why I didn't sign up on the list. My calls have actually gone down to maybe 1 a week. Now the emails...thats a whole different subject.

When that do not call list was first announced, a telemarketer friend of mine that runs a telemarketing boiler room said he could'nt wait to get ahold of the do not call list. He claims there are loop holes galore in the rules and he gets live phone numbers from the list to boot. Apparently it is a very valuable list to market off of.

So I recommend not signing up on the do not call list.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have read that they dial 5 or 6 numbers at once for automated calls,

The first person that answers, gets the message, I let it ring 3 or 4 times before i answer.

Our park has a no solicting policy, so i never get people like J.W knocking.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Theres a massive surge of telephone marketing in UK at moment. Were ex directory so not in any phone books but my dad missed just 1 tick on a form to say he didnt want anyone phoning and it looks like they ended up selling our number to everyone.

I get quite crabby tho when I get woken up if ill in bed asleep by a phone salesman wanting to sell me health insurance and they soon hang up!

I must get around 3 a day at moment and had an argument with one last night late in the evening (around 9pm) for my dad. He was still at work so I said its his house I aint intrested m8 so he ignored me and carried on and then started to read from his script. I said to him over and over look I aint intrested (I dont put the phone down on em as to me there paying for the call so let em waste there money) and I then politely asked where he got our number from as according to the data protection act he shouldnt be using it without our permission and he panicked and hung up :lmao:

There using automated service for UK market with banks/credit cards at moment as well. The call centres are now all in India (cheap labour) and there dialing networks have a major problem with them so a lot of the time u answer the phone and it goes dead after a few seconds with no answer. A few banks have just been fined over it but we have had one today doing same

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There's still BIG BUCKS to be made in the telemarketing business.

I did it for 3 years and made some good money but I have to say the scamming and lying to get the sales finally got to me and I was able to get out before the busts. I don't know how this guy I know gets away with it but soon or later they will knock the door down on his boiler room and he will pay the price(and a big price it will be) - but for now he is enjoying a high level of life. I am sure Sheriff Joe will make sure he gets a special pair of those pink shorts the inmates wear in tent city here

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A while back, dapperdan gave us a way to fight back with these bozos, and the ones that send spam fax. There's some of these that crack me up!
    Maybe it's time to give them a try.

You can hear his examples here:
    http://www.barncow.com/

And his Dr. Laura soundboard here is excellent... VERY well done!
    http://www.barncow.com/drlaura.html

Thanks again to DD for that great fun!
    logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

all my "Political Calls" are at zero. For three year ago I put my fax number down on voters regestation. They don't need your number, for all contact to in iowa has to be by regestered mail, they just give away the number list.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think from now on I will asume they are trying to sell me sex and start read from the good book to them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Or assume they are selling Bibles, and start talking sexy to them!
    logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Im usually very firm but polite in refusing their offers & then ask them to remove me from their list. That is an official opt out, though undocumented & unprovable. However, it seems to work because to my knowledge, these particular people havent called back.
    When Im in a good mood I pretend to be retarded or on drugs or really old & cant understand what theyre saying. "You have an insurgent in the well? What? Speak up!"
    ********************http://RRob1.photosite.com/ ********************

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I always tell them that now is not good time and if they give me their home number I will call them back at a better time, most will say "I'm sorry sir, but I can't give out that information." then I say good put my number on that list then. Over the years I have actually had 3 of them give me their number, and it's not my fault if a more convient time is at 4:15AM, they never called back.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I start off polite, by the 4th call from the same one, I make them wish they'd not called me.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't like being impolite. But when I ask them what it is about and they try to make it sound like something else or better yet I tell them I don't want anything and they keep at it I just hang up! If they call back immediately and ask wye I hung up They better have there ere plugs in! I don't have to tell you what I say then!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The best thing you can do to get at the telemarketer is to tell them wait a minute and set yur phone down and never come back. One of the things I actually liked from someone I would call (I did this years ago) is that they would just hangup. Them hanging up quickly allowed me to log back into the auto dialer and go to the next potential victim(it's a numbers game folks) quickly. So don't hang up real quick just tell 'em you'll be back in a minute and then never come back. Of course this will tie up your phone line but most of us these days have more than one line anyway.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good. I will try that next time lew.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tell um I got to go to the bath room an be rite back and lay the phone down fer they can say anything and go on with what I was doing
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them