Thread: The point is...?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default The point is...?

Ok, I'm not trying to start a big ole fight here or anything, this is an honest to God question.

What exactly is the point of modern pachinko? Yes, I've only been playing this new machine for 24 hours. Yes I've only hit one jackpot round out of hundreds of wheel spins. But I think I'm missing something. With the old one there was so much randomness because you could never hit that lever just the same way twice. With this new fangled jobby, I twist the knob until a majority of the balls go into the center hole. Then I just hold it there. Shooting balls. One per second ish. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom.

You see my confusion? I'm just sitting there waiting for something interesting to happen on the reel spins which it rarely does.

There must be something more to this, so what am I missing?

Again, I'm honestly asking so nobody get all up in arms.

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: The point is...?

Some people prefer the older pachinkos and some prefer the newer modern pachinko i think its just more of a personal preference, no one here will get up in arms about it. Its kinda like why some people only collect pachislots and other only collect pachinkos its just personal preference.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm just worried that I'm missing some important feature or something. I want to make sure I get the full enjoyment out of my game. I LOVE my pachislots and enjoy my vintage pachinko from time to time, so this was the logical next step. I certainly don't regret it, just want to make sure there's not something I'm missing.

In the meantime I have my eye on that 4 station pachinko cabinet posted on another thread. heheh

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You still have the option of shooting only a single ball if you prefer. Sometimes I play in a 5 ball rotation. The object of course is to get into the bonus "fever" rounds. Just like a gaming "gambling" devices. If you want rapid fire, it's there. If you want single shot, it's there. It's all up to you.

When you're in a fever round you'll appreciate the rapid fire that the old machines don't offer so you can get as many balls into the trap door as possible.

You ask a valid question. I will also admit that pachinko isn't necessarily for everyone. People understand the concept of slots better than pachiko but play it for awhile. It may grow on you.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

is it possible to modify a modern pachinko to replace the electric shooter knob with a mechanical?

Not that I would dare try such a mod, but I just had the Frankensteinish image of a modern pachinko modified to use the old skool shooter.

/calls up mad scientist friends to discuss

Yellow Cab Fanatic BEEP BEEP
    Tiger Mask, too GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Why? You can already make a single shot with an electric shooter?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Why? You can already make a single shot with an electric shooter?
    Yes, but you don't get the same "feel" from the electric knob that you do from the spring in the handle....

in some deeply Fruedian sense, I think there is a certain satisfaction from feeling the handle, not present in the electric knob....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In today's modern pachinkos with their large payouts, you could go for months on end waiting for a fever round with a single shot handle. Also you could not provide the machine with balls necessary to continue a fever round in todays machines. With the old flip handled machines, you didn't have fever rounds.

Big difference all the way around. If the flip handle feel is what you're after, buy an antique. If you want the fast paced, stereo sounds and light show of todays pachinkos, forget about a flip feel. Have a beer or two and you'll soon not miss it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I very much prefer my pachinko's to anything else. (All of mine are Maturi) I have not played the one you have, so I can not comment on it. But logicprobe has a excellent review on what I consider to be a great example of a modern pachinko.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...7&page=2&pp=30
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    In today's modern pachinkos with their large payouts, you could go for months on end waiting for a fever round with a single shot handle. Also you could not provide the machine with balls necessary to continue a fever round in todays machines. With the old flip handled machines, you didn't have fever rounds.

Big difference all the way around. If the flip handle feel is what you're after, buy an antique. If you want the fast paced, stereo sounds and light show of todays pachinkos, forget about a flip feel. Have a beer or two and you'll soon not miss it.
    OUCH!! :indiffere

You are are mean!! It was just an idea born from already too many beers!!

J/k I have crazy ideas sometimes.....

fwiw, I go weeks without fever rounds, I only get a few shots a week.

The electric shooter to me, makes it easier....and that is good

The handle, it brings back memories.....I guess I'm just a sucker for nostalgia.

CHeers!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Spring loaded handle = Freudian.... I think I'm just going to have to let that one go.

I definately agree that an automatic shooter is definately the way to go on a modern machine. I have, quite literally, shot several thousand balls through this thing. I would estimate that I have gotten hundreds of wheel spins during that time (the nails are bent to get a LOT in the center pocket). Still just one jackpot round. *sigh* I feel the pain of the guy in another post asking if there was a way to change the odds of the reels like in pachislo.

Anyway, I'm taking Tulsa's advice and playing for a while before I throw up my hands in despair.

Oh, and I'm also looking for this 'secret pocket' type deal that was mentioned to see if it has something to do with those flashing 7's and x's.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As I am quickly becoming an old coot of 49, Ive found that I dont have the wrist for flicking the shiney orbs ( PC for Dattia ) constantly as would be required with a "vintage" machine.
    But I have had & do have your concerns about the new machines that only require you to hit the 'sweet spot' in order to hit the one pocket that causes the bonus/fever rounds or LCD activation.
    I once again use the Penguin as the model for where I would like pachinkos to go. There you have to hit pockets 1, 2, 3, 4, in that order to make the bonus/fever rounds & they are randomly placed across the playboard with no huge LCD to block access. That seems to me to add a certain amount of skill to the play.
    Im actually trying to get away from the LCD machines ( even tho' I just bought one ) & want to find another Penguin or Apollo.
    ********************http://RRob1.photosite.com/ ********************

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Why thank you Doodude...but you can say it however you like...I just couldn't say it any other way. That is not to say that I don't appreciate a little chivalry, but you certainly don't have to be PC on my account!
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Dattia! I wasnt @#$%*&^ sure I could *&^%$# keep from @#$% saying things that might #$@^% offend the %%$#@&'s that ^%^&%$ cant handle a little %$#@& color.
    You know what I mean? %$$#@&'s...
    ********************http://RRob1.photosite.com/ ********************

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now that's more like it!!!
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cmk8895
    Spring loaded handle = Freudian.... I think I'm just going to have to let that one go.

cmk
    It was a joke man, a joke!

I have a wierd sense of humor.

Its all good though!