Thread: Coin Acceptor Electronics

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Coin Acceptor Electronics

Can someone provide a two sentence explaination of how the coin acceptor electronics work on these? I'm turned on by the credit add function of some of the add on chips, but have no interest in the auto-stop portion. Plus, I believe the cost of these chips is a little cost prohibative for just a credit add function. So it's time for circuit design.

If anyone can let me know how they detect the coin (specifics please) I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll do some testing when I get home. But if someone can tell me I can do the design while I'm here at work. Instead of doing what I'm supposed to be. hehe (work sucks!)

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Coin Acceptor Electronics

Ok, Here goes at a try...

When a coin is sent down the coin shute the coin passes by light sensors. There can be as many sensors as they want but the standard seems to be two (some machines do have three though). How a credit accepted is that they expect senor one to be triggered then sensor two and so on. If this is ever out of order then the machine treats it as a coin jam. This prevents someone from placing a wire down the coin shute to trick the machine into thinking it has receieved a token.
    What the autocredit does is fool the light sensors into thinking they have received a token by pulsing the sensors in order.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just to adda few more words, these must be tripped in the correct order, but also must be triggered for about the same amount of time it would be triggered for a coin to pass through (millisceonds) and if only one of them is triggered in that time, the machine also treats it as a coin jam.

I was thinking that a simple pulse with one (the 2nd sensor) going through a small capacitor would hold the charge back just enough to fool the system into thinking it is a coin.

Jeff
    Pachislo: CC Angel, King Camel, MuMu World DX, Marine Carnival, Double Challenge, Savannah Park, Don Chan, Spin Luck #000256, Aladdin II Evolution
    Pachinko: Super Stadium

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmmm Ok. Thank you both. The wheels of the mind are turning....

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How much is to much for a credit mod. They are about nine bucks for a chip and every thing you need to install it. Don't want auto stop then just don't hook up the extra wires. Just the chip without the kit is a dollar cheaper. Each manufacture is different. Buy the time you figure out all you have to do for each machine you have them program a chip you are probity spending more than that nine bucks. At this point I have only had to pay more for the chip and cable for the Igt machines.