Thread: My first modern pachinko!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking My first modern pachinko!

I finally got my first pachinko today (Not counting an old pachinko I bought several years ago as a resto project that never got restored)! Since I know nothing about them and can't afford Star Wars or LOTR, I decided to try Homier and get pot luck. What I got is a California Sun by Sammy. The game arrived in good condition (a few minor scratches on the cab but nothing too bad) but fairly dusty. I'm guessing it had been sitting in a warehouse for awhile. The included cabinet was one of the reasons that I went with them but it was a dissappointment. Cheap fiberboard and a poor quality paint job. But I have some ideas for that. Needless to say, I was anxious to start playing so I cleaned it up and opened the box of balls. imagine my surprise when I found the box to be full of TOKENS! I really need to call these BOZOS in the morning. Luckily I have a few hundred balls from the project machine that I had just cleaned with my Harbor Freight tumbler over the weekend. So, after about an hour of shooting I still have no idea what I'm doing. I haven't got any matches on the reels yet but I'm having fun learning about the machine. Anyone have this one? Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
    Pachislos: Neo Pharaoh Zetz
    Pachinkos: Girls Und Panzer

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My first modern pachinko!

Here's the Fruit King web page.

http://www.sammy.co.jp/product/pachi...ogi/index.html

There are some good videos on there but (at least for me) they load slow.

Hope this is some help and have fun with your new pachi friend.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: My first modern pachinko!

Hey Mr. PachiFool. Well, congrats on your new pachinko! Today I bought a Homier pachinko too. They're on clearance for 99.99, so it'll be about $150 delivered. I have a feeling that I might end up with the Fruit King too. Whatever it is, it'll be here Tuesday.

It should be interesting, because I didn't know diddly about pachinkos before I joined PT. Now I'm happy to say that I almost know diddly, but I've got a lot more threads to read. So I better quit yakkin' and get to it.

I'd be interested to know how Homier resolves your token/ball mixup. I guess even if you have to buy some, you can always use the tokens, eh?

-TW
    Dragon Dice * Arra King * King Camel * Ougonshin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Homier assured me that they would send me another box of balls. I'll let you know when (if) they arrive. I wouldn't count on getting the same machine. They told me that they have a few hundred machines with lots of different titles. After I get my box of balls I may order another one if they can assure me I won't get the same title. Seems a very reasonable price though I will be making some changes to the cabinet.

Kevin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

here's homiers link to pachinkos for under 100.00

http://www.homier.com/detail.asp?dpt=7&cat=44&sku=22153
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The shipping to my area code is reasonable enough at $36. So this is a grab bag of pachinkos? Pays your money, takes your chances?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Homier's pachinko grab bag

Yessuh it seems to be a pachinko grab bag. I won't know what I got till it gets here. Kevin is happy with what he got so that one would be fine with me. Even if Homier doesn't send me a great model, I sniped a TA auction for a Pink Panther last night. I've heard that's a good'un (Thx Bilko).

Wow, I wouldn't have thought that Homier would have hundreds of pachinkos. I was figuring maybe there were a few dozen left, and that's why I only ordered one (so as not to get doubled up on the model).

Shipping was a very reasonable $39.26, and $7 for FL sales tax, so my total was $146.25. Gotta hope that they put balls in there, 'cause all we have here at Chateau TeeDubya are tokens.

You're right about the cabinet. It doesn't look too substantial, but as long as it's functional it's gonna be better than anything I could make myself. Woodworking isn't my forté. Any wood that gets too close to me and my saw gets butchered. Sad but true...

-TW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK...you guys have convinced me to get a pachinko machine. Where should I start? What would you people recomend? Mr Arby any suggestions...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you want a great machine polished and detailed with excellent packing,

ask Arby if he has any for sale.

Slotusa would be the second choice after reading about TA's attitude.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just went to a Homier local tent sale and they had 1 pachinko for $99.99. I have never seen the 1 they had online so I figured I would try to find it. They are going to be there for 11 days so I plan on going back.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs down Homier machine arrives in pieces parts today!

Heh, the Homier pachinko got delivered today. UPS beat the shiznit out of it, thanks to Homier's shipping goons who used no packing material whatsover! They just built a cardboard box around it, basically. Moe Rons.

The cabinet, made of MDF, is in pieces. Nothin is attached to nothin. Looks like it might have been an okay cabinet (has a drawer and top loader ramps and everything). More than fiberboard, at least.

There's a bunch of PCB boxes, boards, and wires loose and hanging too. Wow, nice.

The machine is a Mahuron. Doesn't look like an LCD and definitely no mechanical reels. It's really not a bad looking machine, I just don't know what it is.

So, just to test my mettle, I'm gonna take a shot at putting the pachi and the cabinet back together. If it works, great. If not, I'll call Homier and have UPS pick up the carcass. Either way it's an edumakashun for me. I have 7 days to decide.

I would advise against buying these Homier closeouts unless they can give you some assurance that they'd at least attempt to protect it in shipping. Otherwise they may as well just stick an address label on the plexiglass and ship it nekkid.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A build it yourself pachinko!!!!!

Their ad didn't say that

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Uh, pass!
    ********************http://RRob1.photosite.com/ ********************

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As of last Friday, they only had about 280 of them left.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: My first modern pachinko!

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog
    A build it yourself pachinko!!!!!

Their ad didn't say that
    Nah, they forgot to mention that. The lady in customer service was very apologetic and gave me a couple options.

The good news is, evidently I'm not too stoopit to plug in loose wires 'cause the daggum thing is workin' jes' fine. Yep, it's alive.

The cabinet looked better in pieces. There wasn't a single woodscrew in it. Wire nails were holding it together. Kevin was right, it's fiberboard junk (I forgot what the "F" stood for in MDF but let this serve as a reminder).

It's an LED model, something to do with fireworks and ethnic drums. But, this one has something the Pink Panther doesn't: A FULL PLAYFIELD! The whole thing is a lot more playable because there aren't so many non-functioning decorations on it. You hit a lot more pockets because there are more pockets to hit.

Don't get me wrong, the Panther is a beautiful thing and we're having a great time playing it. But I like this older Maruhon quite a bit.

Thanks for the replies, lucky and doo.

TW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDubya
    The lady in customer service was very apologetic and gave me a couple options.

The good news is, evidently I'm not too stoopit to plug in loose wires 'cause the daggum thing is workin' jes' fine. Yep, it's alive.

The cabinet looked better in pieces. There wasn't a single woodscrew in it. Wire nails were holding it together. Kevin was right, it's fiberboard junk (I forgot what the "F" stood for in MDF but let this serve as a reminder).
    I hope one of those options was a partial refund for having to put the d@mn thing back together. I can't believe they send it with no packing. That's INSANE! I am glad that it's working, at least. Even though the cabinet isn't much, I'd make them send you another one, or did you reassemble that too? Post some pics of the game so we can see what you got!

Kevin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PachiFool
    I hope one of those options was a partial refund for having to put the d@mn thing back together. I can't believe they send it with no packing. That's INSANE! I am glad that it's working, at least. Even though the cabinet isn't much, I'd make them send you another one, or did you reassemble that too? Post some pics of the game so we can see what you got!

Kevin
    Hey Kevin. Yes, they'll give me a $20 credit if I keep it. Their generosity is more scarce than their talent for packing boxes.

The cabinet pieces were just flailing around in the box along with the balls (which there weren't very many of anyway). I did what I could and it kinda sorta went back together. It had been assembled with wire nailgun nails, which are actually a lot like staples. The machine was mounted with 2 drywall screws, 1 top & 1 bottom.

If they offered to replace this cabinet with another just like it, which they didn't, they can just stuff it. I'd like to try building a couple, sacrifice a few 1x10's to the Pachi Godz.

This machine was imported by Nipponslo International, LLC (Los Angeles). Hmmm, they build some crappy cabinets.

I've played it and hit for 2 bonus rounds. It's fun. I need thousands and thousands more balls. The reward hopper was always empty when the trap was wide open.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Omron key that came with the Pink Panther fits this one perfectly.

Pics? My digital camera is a POS. I'll try though, maybe somebody can ID this thing.

-TW